International Open invite by ESR - New champ - Have your say! 10.000 vRP!!

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by MeMotS, Jan 21, 2017.

1. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone.
    ESR racing club would like to invite anyone who is interested in being part of an organised competition to get on board and join ESR to help shape our next championship.
    We are a North American based group with a few of our die hard members joining us from Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

The championship will have 12 rounds with 2 races per round, to be held on Saturdays at 19:00 EST, 00:00 GMT and 11:00 AEST Sundays
    There will be a random draw at the end of the championship to give away over 10.000 vRP in prizes so anyone who participated (not necessarily winning) for a minimum of 10 single races ( not rounds ) will be eligible to win.

To make sure we have the most popular combination there will be a vote to establish the cars & tracks for the championship.

Some of (but not limited to) the car choices so far are:-
    1, Audi TT RS.
    2, DTM 2015 or 2016.
    3, GTR3 with certain cars restricted for balance.
    4, KTM Xbow

Please Note
    Discord will replace Teamspeak and Steam chat as the communication medium for the championship.
    Discord can be downloaded from https://discordapp.com/.

We also plan to have a new steward group and penalty system which will be promulgated prior to the championship starting.

It is time to get involved.
    Any ideas you have to help make this a great championship can be discussed in this thread prior to the vote.
    Get involved, help to make this our best one yet.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
  3. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Reserved

4. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    12 rounds, you nuts?!!!! 24 races OMG, That should be epic, in this case I might, just might vote for GT3, I suggest that you remove Ford, Bentley, Ruf, and keep Z3, Audi R8, SLS, Camaro
    BUT please o please with so many rounds implement a drop score system

5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    your 11 best results are counted. So if you miss one round its not killing your champ.

Also this is not final. We are discussing here.
    So we take your points :)
    Smaller champ and Gt3 .. Noted.

6. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    That is strange, in normal forum, I see only the 11 best results phrase, when I hit reply I can see the rest of the text
    I am all up for a bigger champ for the community, personally as in the past probably I won't make it to so many rounds
    I think 8 weekly rounds(2 races/round) 2 months should be more than enough and for this kinda a champ one drop round, for 12 rounds there should be 2 drop rounds, as there are 24 races a lot can happen, also it's 3 months
    I think that for 12 rounds attendance will not be so good towards the end, I think, might be wrong
    If Gt3, tracks must be selected by admins and very careful selection as Z3 is very good on corners and tire wear but Camaro is blinding fast on straights, also if GT3 must be a semi-endu race so one race/round, or you can go a single car in GT3 and make it a sprint series - Audi, SLS, Z3, Nissan, Camaro all would be great for mono-marc league
    Audi TT-RS is my best for a very fun league, 8 rounds, sprints with 2nd race reverse grid and mandatory pits

7. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I am guessing that removing the "Ford" did not include the GT3 Mustang?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    The comment Mr C made about having 1 semi endurance race of maybe 40 minutes per round has some merit. It would be a break from the 2 races per round. Also no need to worry about reverse grid/formation lap which takes away another "admin" job which allows more enjoyment and less "tasks". Could even have a standing start at every even numbered round and rolling start at every odd numbered one. This could apply to whichever car/class we decide to run.

9. Zetoyoc

Zetoyoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I may have misunderstood, but why would z3 or camaro be a problem? aren't we limited to the one car we chose for the event? If gt3 was chosen and I picked a z3 I might have an advantage on some tracks and a problem on a few others. same for the camaro. it seems this may actually make things more interesting. unless we can pick cars per track.. but that doesn't seem quite right to me..
    Just my ramblings
    -J

10. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I made myself missuderstood, what I wanted to point out is that if we go Gt3 multiple cars it's important that admins choose tracks, if we let the people vote the track's it might not be so balanced.

11. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Looks great, but to 10 of 12 races is a lot in mine opinion.
    Holiday's or friends who like to visite (mostly on saturday)
    And when you had two events you probebly become no New member because they must than join all the races.
    I would suggesties to say you must join 8 of 12 races.
    It's just an suggestion

12. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    I agree the tracks should be balanced, just don't let Memots pick....
    he's masochistic when it comes to track selection :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    F****** Timezones....Tasty offer :) With a new Job and being occupied with VR League I won't find any time to join...but have fun guys... so the smartest (/ fittest) may win ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I would recommend DTM2016 as I never went back to DTM2015 once the new pack came out and the feel of the new car is great but very harsh on curb usage (yay!).

If you want a large turnout, GT3 is the choice. With so many cars to pick from, even if we omit a few makes, there's still a lot of choice to make replays look interesting.

Tracks should be balance between fast and technical so each car type will have it's day -- Moscow is both ;)

I'm in regardless.

15. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Is this like a pre-sign up discussion thread? Any action required by me?

Leaning towards DTM....have yet to do them in champ.

16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Its a discussion to see what poeple want then we vote.

17. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    I am in whatever it takes!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    COFFEE

LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0

DTM initial vote for me

20. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    i like the 12 race series with a longer one race format and the GT3 cars with the obvious cars removed for balance.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1