Bug Ai Reporting Thread

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Andy Blade, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    So to help us fix bad Ai

please post car and track layout used ,also number of AI and difficulty level
    Post any videos clips / pics to help narrow it down problem areas

Keep it to only reports not rants about Ai etc etc and I and maybe some of the other testers can check and report on confirmed issues, I can't garuntee fixes !! But let's all try to improve Ai problems

Note !!! Adaptive is no good for us to test please use real level thanks

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  2. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andy, thank you for giving us this chance.

Suzuka GP, GT3, GetReal, AI 101%, 19 opponents.
    The AI-Waypoints really need some improvement, as the AI uses strange racing lines...

• In the Spoon Curve, the AI totally misses the second apex, go wide, then over corrects to the inside, oversteers and misses the big right curb on the exit... There is a reason why that curb is there, you know ;)

[​IMG]

• In the chicane before the main straight the AI stays too far away from the inner curbs, making them coming too slow on the long straight...

[​IMG]

One could think, these are just unimportant details, but with the Overall AI at such high quality level, this is really an immersion breaker! :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Stepy

Stepy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    A.I coming of the track @ turn 1 14 A.I drivers used

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Silverstone Historic, AI on adaptive, Get Real, FR2, 19 opponents.

Not a bad mistake or bug, but the AI is quite slow on Turn 4 / The Loop.
    Everywhere else on track they are challenging but on this turn they slow down too much.

[​IMG]

5. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I am trying to train the AI for GT3 Cars. I don't know of there are differences between different classes. Anyway, an clean lap around the Nordschleife is not possible for me. This time it is not me who is banging in someones rear it is the AI who is constantly doing it. It is getting a bit frustrating. I remember following a tutorial on YouTube of how to train the AI and I did it with the Audi TT RS. It was awesome. I did not see any of the unfair behavior here. But with the GT3 is seems not possible. I am doing something wrong? or is this behavior intended?

I deleted the aiadaptation.xml file, did not help.

2017-01-29 2118 0001.jpg 2017-01-29 2118 0001.jpg
    these are the settings for the race to train the AI.

thx

Attached Files:

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    T1 at Salzburgring has been a problem for a long time. This has been reported to the devs too I believe.

Noted, will take a look.

When did you record the video in these races? Was it after the recent patch, or before? There was some changes in the patch, so if this is from before that time... then it may be different now.

I've been hammering home this issue to the devs too recently, and they are aware and trying to improve it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    The AI Line that they drive through The Chase at Bathurst is incorrect, they drive right down the middle of the track for the fast right hander.
    What they should be doing is moving over to the left and using the additional tarmac beyond the white line before swinging into the the Apex of The Chase and then hugging the right side and/or staying Middle-Right until braking for the next Left. This isn't just in the Virgin Australia Supercars Series but true for most forms of cars as seen in the two videos below, thanks :)

1min44secs in this video:

3mins 09secs in this video:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hi nate, my video is from this evening. Now I had perfect lap around the Nordschleife, in the second lap there was again drunken driver, that hammered on the brakes where you dont brake

9. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    update i have put report in about your comments and to me they are too slow going around hair pin curve (tested ai @101 and 110) ai seems to lack awareness as well imo (don't hold ya breath for quick fix, no promises) but thanks for report

• Like Like x 1
  10. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Tested and submitted report as a reminder, as Nate said was reported some time back also Ai to player awareness seemed bad to me
    Thanks for report and video , but maybe 30sec clips is enough so try editing (don't hold ya breath for quick fix, no promises) thanks

• Like Like x 2
  11. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    please test at 110 ai level

12. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    A few general observations, since I don't have any videos to back up anything just yet.

1) AI braking has become MUCH better. But the R3E AI is very sensitive to having the 'correct' AI level.
    So if you run against AI that is more than 2 levels above or below your actual level, you start getting weird braking-zones compared to the player.

2) AI-player awareness has improved, but only as long as you're perpendicular to them.
    Side-by-side is fine, as is fender-to-fender, but they seem to have a blindspot when it comes to the corners of their cars.
    The unfortunate side-effect of which is that if you're ahead of them, and on the outside of a turn, they'll quite happily accelerate out of the turn, shunting you off in the process.
    But again, this is just a gut feeling. Might just have been an unlucky streak. I'll see if I can't get some vids on it.

3) The post-patch AI has become very aggressive. Maybe a wee bit too aggressive.
    It's not a huge problem with open-wheelers, but when you're racing tin-tops they do seem to make some ill-advised attempts at over-taking.
    As above, just a hunch/feeling.

4) Generally, the AI still has trouble with tight corners, chicanes and hairpins.
    It has improved, but whenever I move to Norisring (which is basically two hairpins and a chicane) the AI level has to go up 5-6 levels in order to stay competitive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    #2 & 3 are actually pretty closely related. The AI bumps you in the way they do from behind or on your rear quarterpanels because they are too aggressive. Combine that with having a bit less than stellar awareness of the player car, and that results in you being bumped more than you would like.

Both of these have been reported numerous times, and the devs are aware of this. I believe it is quite a tricky thing to tackle though. Balancing their aggression with race competitiveness is where the difficulty lies I think. Perhaps toning down how aggressive they are will result in boring races where the AI doesnt attempt any passes, or things like that.

This patch actually improved their awareness of the player cars in front of them from what I know, so 1 small step at a time :)

I know this was a big complaint of mine testing the open wheel vehicles recently, where the AI just seemed to have no idea that you were braking for a corner in front of them :p

#4 has also been reported on a whole lot of tracks for a while now, and may also not be so easy to fix. I know Portimao has had more than 1 look over, and it still isnt as good as I wish it would be.

14. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Nothing wrong with the AI at any difficulty, RaceRoom racing experience is practically perfect in every way, I know it's true because @J-F Chardon told me so. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Strangely enough, that's one problem I haven't had since the Sept. patch.
    Even running GT3s at Nords, where my braking-points are...*ahem*...less than optimal the AI manages to avoid tailgating me.
    I only ever get tapped whenever I'm not directly in front/back or directly alongside.

But yeah, I get the whole aggression vs. competitiveness issue.
    And it's not a big issue as long as you're aware of it.
    But give them the slightest opening, and they will go for it no matter if it's actually a good idea or not. :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well, I guess it is a good thing if you havent noticed, or rather... havent experienced what I described.

I dont think it is entirely a universal issue with every class/track there is, but in certain situations from recent testing, it can be plenty annoying. Then again, a lot of testing revolves around being aware of every single thing wrong that the AI does... so having a heightened awareness where you are specifically looking for something wrong may mean you notice more than people who are just wanting to enjoy the game.

In any case, even if you arent experiencing this, I can still say that this is likely to be improved from here. :)

17. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget to mention the AI-ability of unlimited accelleration-speed but instead of using its superior speed for overtaking AI is driving side by side with you to the next corner where you'll be kicked off the track... I didn't expect AI stress factor to be maximum stress for the player...

Adaptive AI actually worked good for me before last patch especially for GT3 but now it is not funny anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yes they are a bit slow there, but their line approaching turn 4 is wrong, it's way to narrow, they approach turn 4 staying on the left side of the track, when the line should switch from the left to the right side of the track after coming out of turn 3.

I've run the F3 & F4 here with full grid for those particular cars so 26 &20, doing 15 lap races get real and adaptive AI with a mandatory pit, and the AI seem to constantly rub tyres with you, they don't seem to have a spatial awareness, they are also quite abit slower going into turn 9 & 10, and alittle slow through turn 1, also the AI all pit on the same lap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    You may want to try starting with a fresh AI file.
    The post-patch AI is a good 2-3 seconds faster on a 'standard' track, so if you try running the same AI levels that you used to, odd things will happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

The 'Ai' doesn't have any penalty if they get out of the track ?