Bug Ai Reporting Thread

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Andy Blade, Jan 29, 2017.

1. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Nope.
    First thing I do when racing the AI is turn off damage and track-limits.
    I don't mind following the rules, but I'll be hornswoggled if I'm going to be the only one on track who does.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    ;) Yes This is a solution, may be a future update, it would be cool :cool:

3. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Nordschleife VLN Layout, AI takes the wrong pit entry:
    After returning on the GP-Layout, they dont drive directly in the pitlane but drive the entire short-layout and then entering via the "normal" pit entry (which was used for example by formula 1). So after the stop they have to again drive the short layout.
    And thats the story of how i am winning every race versus the ai :D

4. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    btw, this is what I was talking about.

When you're alongside, you're fine. But once you move into their front quarters, you cease to exist.
    Nürburgring GP, 2 AI, level 99

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. jhw

jhw New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HI

Bug chrono after 1 or 2 try on nordschleife with any car in ranking defit.

6. Art_Vandelay

Art_Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I'm curious if the AI is tweaked for the open-wheelers vs. tin-tops. My sense is that they are not (or at least not enough), and seem to be equally aggressive with regard to contact in open-wheelers. Of course, in real racing, "rubbing is racing" doesn't apply to open-wheelers, and contact is avoided whenever possible, otherwise you'll quickly find yourself out of the race with a disabled car. But the AI doesn't seem to adhere to that rule, and is happy trade paint (and rubber) regardless. That said, maybe that is just a result of the other comments about AI awareness (or lack thereof) in some circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Stepy

Stepy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This happened to me so many times yesterday at Suzuka, had about ten restarts and then i just quit in a rage lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Actually, in that vein, and my apologies if this is so obvious it has already been covered.....
    How does the AI calculate its collision zones when trying to find out whether it's too close?
    My point here is that side-swiping (and collisions in general) are far more prevalent in open-wheelers than in tin-tops.
    So if the collision-zone is based on the body-work, and the wheels stick out a further couple of feet.....well.... :)

9. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Looks like normal public multiplayer for me. :D
    But yes...happened to me especially in the Group 5 races I tried recently.
    The AI in the Group 5 cars are nuts, they cut you at every chance they can get.

11. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    "Spatial Awareness" is the keyword for almost all of the AIs misbehavior. The AI should be taught to avoid damage instead of following its raceline blindly.

Oh please not again...

Today i did a GT3 10 laps race against 20 opponents on Spa with "my" adaptive AI and won surprisingly (full damage setting). The first half was challenging and i have been "touched " very often but after taking the lead in lap 5 my opponents seemed to give up. The gap between me and the second was 7 seconds after 10 laps.

12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Actually, they are. The AI code from the little I actually know is quite different for open wheel cars to account for the amount of collisions and bumping that should not happen, obviously :p

As you can imagine though, with a big pack of formula cars plowing down to T1 on the first lap, this can be a big challenge to accommodate with how tightly packed all the cars are.

The devs are aware of the AI awareness issues though, but progress on improving that seems to be slow. Likely a difficult thing to improve on without entirely changing the dynamic for how the AI drives. For instance, if you program them to respect the distance between other cars, that may inadvertently change how aggressive they are and they may not make passes if they think they will be too close going into a corner.

I believe the devs have been looking into this recently to figure out why the AI is bumping in open wheel vehicles. This has been happening as far back as I can recall, which has been since the FR2 was released and all the other open wheelers since then.

1 step forward in one aspect of the AI ability, doesnt always mean it translates into improvement for every class on every track sadly. I wish it did though.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Can you share which settings you start with? Car class and all other relevant settings?

I tried a 90 minute race in GT3 and I had 2 Ford entering pitlane at the end using the correct pitlane entrance.

14. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Addition to the Bathurst AI taking a wrong line, also the left hander at McPhillamy Park the AI enter it too narrow, it's like they turn in way too early so have to dab the brake just before they get to the Apex. GT3 cars used.

15. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Posted this in the Update Release thread but it's worth mentioning here as well:

I've noticed the AI do a classic ISI Motor "Warp Pass", by this I mean when they cut across you they sometimes magically speed up/"warp" to be in front of your car. This is especially noticeable in Automobilista & was in rF1 (RF2 does not suffer from this), it's no way as severe in RR but it is there to some degree. It's kinda hard to explain without a video so I'll try and get one in the coming weeks, reporting for now though as it's a Bug of sorts!

16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    at what Ai level ?

17. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Apologies forgot that bit, so far I've driven anywhere from 95 to 110 and it's happening so it's not set to a specific AI Level.

18. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Ok I found an AI Warping Video - Yes I understand this is Automobilista but please don't discard it because of that (!) as this is what I'm seeing from time to time in Raceroom (various AI Levels) as well, as above I'll do my best to get a video in Raceroom when time allows :)

Wait for the Birds Eye View to see what I mean:

19. Stepy

Stepy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Would this be a "Warp Pass" ? Watch the NO. 8 Bentley

20. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    no that's not what I'm getting at, a Warp is when they're in side by side contact with you and "warp" in front just like the video above I posted.