International Open invite by ESR - New champ - Have your say! 10.000 vRP!!

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by MeMotS, Jan 21, 2017.

1. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    We also did a mini champ with the Tatuus
    to be honest i have had more fun on the smaller scale champ. Just more relaxed overall.
    But we have a good group overall so i think even the bigger champ are quite good now.

2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I still like the full champs a lot, people take it seriously and practice etc... but when half the people drop out, it loses the seriousness of it. I think the end of every champ we have done peters our for some reason. I mean, I do get the many reasons why it happens...I.e last WTCC series was tough for me with work at times...well all of last year f-ing sucked lol.

Not sure if anything can be done to try and rectify that?

Ahh yes the Tatuus

3. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I think each championship needs to evolve a little. i.e. the addition of prizes is good, perhaps changing the event from 2 shortish races to a longer one etc. We need to evolve as the game evolves. The competition between the different leagues is growing, there are more leagues now than before so we must try to keep our members interested. We have to try to find the right mix for what we have now and into the future

Just my 2 dollars worth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    When we had one race and a forced pit-stop with WTCC2015 at Nords, I couldn't do a 2 pit strategy because the game forced us to pit within a window. Furthermore, the short races are almost a follow-the-leader sort of deal.

However, when you created the 4x,4x, 40 min DTM2015 race at Nurburgring-GP. The pit strategy was there! Without knowing the limits, I ran my tires bald the first stint and pitted at 12min. The next stops were around 23m and 31m(ish). Caleb was running laps 2 seconds quicker, seemed to pit around 7 minutes, but ran out of fuel about 50% through the race.

In summary, I wouldn't force a pit stop but make the fuel/tire multiplier high such that no pit or two pits are viable strategies. It might not make for the best replays because you won't know what's happening until the closing laps, but with a large field you'll have to plan pit stops better as to reduce the possibility of being stuck behind someone (@Yevgeny Lazorenko ;), or such).

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    That's the good thing about no mandatory pit stop, each driver can choose the strategy that suits him/her self.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    No m
    no mandatory pitstop generally splits the group quite a bit. You get the good guys that will drive the tires down to red, and everyone else that will pit because they arent able to handle that. No mandatory pit only works when we are exceeding the max fuel load which is a mandatory pit in its self

Unfortunately because so much is being left for discussion to the public ,there will never be a agreed upon format and car/track combo. Too many people have differing ideas and it is absolutely impossible to please everyone.

Sometimes the guys with the experience just need to make an executive decision on the best racing format...otherwise you guys will be here till the extinction of man, trying to find a format that everyone likes

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    was just thinking this ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Goran Gorgiev

Goran Gorgiev Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Your turn:D
    I support the GT3, but i first make a time, then started to read under PS: section
    So, If i have read this section before i make my time, i believe that my time will be little slower.:(

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  9. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    That's a pretty good time there. Not sure I can beat that in the Nissan, so maybe I should give the Audi R8 a shot :)

10. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    If we go with no mandatory stop but make the race long enough or with fuel/tires X2 or 3 or whatever and now have to manually pilot the cars in the pit lane. I can get a friend of mine to hold up a sign with the speed on it at the beginning of the lane so that we wont make a mistake and speed in the pits getting a penalty. I took a preview picture of her to show you what i mean :D

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I don't see any numbers

12. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    The time has come to cast your vote for the first championship for 2017.
    The voting is to choose car/class, duration of the race, tracks you would like to have included and the number of races/events in the championship.
    The car/class is limited to the choices seen on the voting list.
    The choices for duration are one 40 minute race, two twenty minute races (with the first 10 places reversed grid for the second race) or a combination of the two.
    All tracks currently in the game can be voted. However the Final track selections will be based on what tracks makes the most sense for the Winning car/class chosen.
    To make sure that your vote is counted you will need to sign up for the championship on the thread and be a member of ESR steam group.
    **Just a reminder that communication will be through discord and the reworked stewarding system will be in place for the championship.

https://goo.gl/forms/OPuMt8IxI938Tn0u1

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  13. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0

Steam: Swicked
    R3E: Yevgeny Lazorenko

14. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0

Steam: SylverFyre
    R3E: John Barker

15. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Steam - Paul Darke
    R3E - Paul Darke

16. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
  17. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Tough to chose the car class...as I liked two of them...

18. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    Sign me up
    Steam Genghiz Kahn
    Game Genghiz Kahn

19. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Curious will there be a second car class vote? like a playoff, because I think that can massively change how one votes.

20. Zetoyoc

Zetoyoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    sign me up please
    Steam - Zetoyoc
    Game - Jesse Hampton