EDTracker - Anyone using this?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Not Lifting Off, Apr 18, 2016.

1. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Heureka, it works! I hadn't set smoothing to 0 with opentrack. That seemed to be the problem. Now it is only matter of fine tuning.

Thanks for the help!

• Like Like x 1
  2. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    FYI, it appears it wasn't smoothing causing the issue. It was a noob mistake of not pushing "start" in opentrack. :oops:

3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I didnt smile laugh or make any kinda gesture that may have indicated mickey taking.

Bwwaaa haaa haaaa yes i did, noob ;)
    Hope you enjoy it now :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    You can't use it without opentrack?

5. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    No, not in R3E, if you want full functionality. But it's not that hard, once you've got the axes right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I have a lag with opentrack. I will try without filtering.

7. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    When using OpenTrack the axes inGame must not be assigned. This caused problems when I started using it

8. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Turn of smoothing?

And run it through Opentrack, better compability with titles, and once you find a setting you like, it usually translates well enough into other titles. Keep in mind AMS and rF1&2 have much lower sensitivity in their tracking plugin so you may want to set up another profile for thoose. R3E plays nice though and I use the same settings for R3E, iRacing, Assett Corsa, Project CARS and Euro Truck Sim. =)

9. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    It is off.
    I have a center dead zone where nothing happens until i turn the head at about 5-10 degrees.
    It's too much imo.

10. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    De-assign bindings in game options!!! (I think it's the ESC-key, that does the trick)
    Functions for EDtracker must be empty/not assigned

11. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Honestly just take 20 minutes and watch Brumsters tutorials gp20. It's not that complex.

12. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I have hit a snag with setting up my DIY EDTracker, I've tried to install the Arduino drivers(top link here: http://edtracker.org.uk/index.php/downloads/category/7-drivers), but there doesn't seem to be 64-bit drivers for Intel, only for AMD. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on an Intel CPU. Does anyone know where I might be able to find compatible 64 bit intel Arduino drivers? Thanks

13. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I found everything at the Edtracker site. Running Intel as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Are you running 64-bit Intel? The driver package on the EDTracker site only seems to contain 32 bit Intel and 64 bit AMD, and my 64-bit Windows 10 PC refuses to install the 32-bit Intel driver

15. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Hi, the drivers are for both intel and amd, amd64 is the name for both. Was going to try and explain in my terms but copied and pasted. AMD came up with the 64bit x86 instruction set/architecture extensions, so they got to name it, hence AMD64 even on an intel.

16. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm... EDTrackerMag V4.0.5 seems to recognise my EDTracker without a driver, so maybe it doesn't need one on Windows 10? Or do I still need to install the drivers?

17. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I've now managed to install the "AMD64" drivers and it seems to work better, now to configure in Open Track...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Brumster who's one of the people behind EdTracker made a tutorial about it a while back.
    I'd start there, then tweak it to your liking. Much like when setting up the car, take it slow and get used to the changes. Well unless something is obviously annoying you. At times I disable everything but looking left/right, then I'll change it and run full 3 DoF etc. Have a few profiles these days depending on the game/mood.

19. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, will try to have a tinker. Would also like to use it in ETS 2 and AMS.

20. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Works excellent for all those, may want a seperate setting for AMS with the sensitivity turned up a bit as a rF plugin used for headtracking isn't quite as sensitive out of the box as R3E and ETS 2.

• Like Like x 1