Resolved Highest quality driver settings for NVIDIA cards

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I followed the instructions in the Automobilista manual for R3E and the result looks great in my opinion.

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Have you enabled in game AA? Nv inspector settings only work with ingame AA enabled. Also, I didn't try SGSSAA in VR, but you're not in VR, right?
    Also, game must be in full screen. I had problems with it randomly opening in windowed, and with wrong refresh rate.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I have Multisampling set to 8X in-game and FXAA turned off.

How can I check if the game is in true full screen (it looks like it is, but how can I be sure?)?

I'm not in VR, my laptop doesn't support the correct output signal for it

4. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    see if it is in Full Screen in settings where resolution is selectable.

5. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    It's in full screen. In Nvidia Profile inspector my settings look like the attached. I currently have VSync off, as last time I ran R3E on my 144HZ Benq monitor I didn't seem to need it.

In practice mode I'm getting about 130-146 FPS

Attached Files:

6. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW is there any way to completely remove Nvidia Profile Inspector and it's settings and install from scratch again? I tried to do that (deleting the install folder), but when I installed it again, it had exactly the same Raceroom settings as before - where is it getting them from? Was just thinking that starting again from scratch might help.

7. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    You can make everything default by clicking on nvidia icon to the right of each modified setting. I never had problem with inspector causing this, it is either refresh rate problem or full screen in my experience

• Like Like x 1
  8. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, good to know (how to reset things). Sounds like it's worth investigating the refresh rate, in case that's the issue

9. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I had problem with having TV and monitor enabled to duplicate image, didn't with R3E, had to disable monitor :) Good luck.

10. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm... it looks like in Windows my monitor was only set to 60HZ, does that mean that would be the monitor frequency in R3E? I've changed it now to 144HZ and will do some more tests. In Automobilista I can set the monitor frequency for the game separately, is there a way to do this in R3E or do I have to set the desired monitor frequency in Windows?

11. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I guess I could also try disabling the laptop's built in display, I don't need it when running on the external screen.

12. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW should "Transparency Multisampling" be disabled if using "Transparency Supersampling" (as in the Automobilista recommended settings)?

13. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I noticed no difference :)

14. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay, done some tests, now that I've set my monitor refresh rate to 144Hz in Windows I'm now seeing only about 90-100 FPS in-game, which is more what I would expect with the settings that I posted yesterday with my GPU. The AA looks good (no jaggies), but I'm getting quite a lot of flickering (especially shadows on the track, which is quite annoying). Any suggestions? This is with 8xQ and 8xSGSS. Also seeing some tearing, would it be better to run with adaptive vSync, even on my 144Hz display, if only getting 90-100 FPS?

15. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    EDIT: irrelevant post, sorry...seems I missed quite a few of the above posts, the forum's acting up a bit on my phone o_O

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys , i've come to share my settings in the thought of helping .
    Specs in Sig:
    In game : All max except shadows medium / FXAA off ? no blur . Resolution :3840x2160p
    nVidia Inspector : 2x Sparse Grid / 8xQ (8x Multisampling) the rest the same as Metalogic . (i know Sparse grid and MSAA are supposed to be matching but i get better results like this) . V-sync on .

With 56 cars but 30 visable i have a completely solid V-sync on all tracks ive tested . I find Zolder and Nosring to be very shadow demanding . If i increase shadows to high the result at these tracks is 50-55 fps but V-sync kills it .

After playing rF2 so much in the last few months i thought id have a look how R3E has come along , and im quite happy with the way it looks . No aliasing any where and the shadow flicker i remember seems to be pretty much no existent :)

My GTX 1070 is OC'ed to +550 memory and +175 on core and my i5 is @4.2Ghz .

Hope this helps .

Edit : setting to enhanced in inspector has alot better result than override (for me). Ingame MSAA is 8x.

17. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Doing some more tests, I'm pretty sure Nvidia Profile Inspector is not passing through it's settings correctly - e.g. with 32xS (2x2 SS + 8xMS) and 8 x SGSS AND MFAA I'm getting about 140-160 fps in practice mode on Nürburgring, which I'm pretty sure shouldn't be possible with those settings and my GPU (it's only a 970M, not even a GTX 970). I'm also still getting lots of flickering - both shadows and trackside (e.g. the white tent to the left of the KW Suspensions sign on the second corner of Nürburgring constantly flickers like mad), and can still see quite visible aliasing! Not sure what is the matter, had it all looking good last year with minimal flicker on the same hardware.

I have in the in-game MSAA set to 8X

Could it be some sort of permissions issue? I've tried running Profile Inspector as Administrator, though.

18. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I tried these (see above) Nvidia Control Panel settings too (not in Nvidia Profile Inspector), without DSR, though left the in-game settings as before (8x MSAA / FXAA: Off) seems to make no difference, looks exactly the same no matter the settings outside the game, very odd!

19. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    This is getting quite frustrating. not sure what's wrong, I can get Assetto Corsa and Automobilista (and GTR2, even) to look good, without flickering, but not R3E currently, though I did used to be able to!

20. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW the last time I tried running R3E was before I installed the Windows 10 Anniversary update - could this be a source of my woes?