Resolved Highest quality driver settings for NVIDIA cards

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 24, 2016.

1. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    So Vsync and buffering on in control panel what about ingame? is that vsync on or off please. I'm never sure whether control panel will overide in game etc. cheers

2. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Hi, when I posted this I was still in a very early testing phase. I learned afterwards that triple buffering in Nvidia control panel and Inspector only works for OpenGL applications, so it's no use turning it on for R3E. If you want to force triple buffering in DirectX applications, you'll need an app called D3Doverrider, a quick Google search should give you some download links.
    For Vsync: I have it turned on in-game and set it to Fast in NVinspector, worked just fine and stutter-free last time I played R3E (which was a couple of months ago btw, don't know if there have been game or driver updates in the meantime that could have messed it up). Can't remember though if the "override application" for Vsync works if it's turned off in-game, you could test that to see what gives.

Cheers

3. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW if I have a 144Hz monitor (which I do) and can easily get more than 60 fps consistently with R3E, is there any reason to use vSync, assuming fps are around 80-90 fps, though, not 144 fps?

4. Sascha Reynders

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    I've no experience with 144hz monitors, but unless you're able to maintain consistent 144fps or more, you're better off without Vsync I think.

5. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Without or with?

6. Sascha Reynders

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Without (Vsync off), but like I said: I never had a 144hz monitor, so I'm guessing a bit here. You could try capping your fps at 72 and turn Vsync on, but I don't know if that would work well... Maybe somebody with more knowledge/experience about/with 144hz monitors could chime in here ?

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Without reading this whole thread , is there a "best" setting for VR ?

This is what i've come to :

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    It's been a while since I launched R3E, but last time I raced, regarding AA, I found it best to put max AA in game and then as much SS in Steam VR as your GPU can handle. On my computer game is completely CPU bound in VR, so I can go up to 2.0 in SS in SVR without losing frames. It results in 45FPS + ASW.

For VR, I wouldn't recommend using SGSSAA.

9. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Does Nvidia Inspector still work with R3E? It works fine with AMS but I cannot get it to work with R3E. I read where you cannot have AA turned off in-game so I set it to 2X & Inspector still won't work. I have a 970 GTX, 390.77 drivers running a triple monitor setup at 5760X1080 & Inspector is pointed to the rrre.exe file. Windows 10 is fully updated.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    it seems to work for me... have you added the RRRE64.exe to the Profile?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    That fixed it! Still have an issue though. I can only get FXAA to work. When I try to override the applications AA settings & use a different AA profile (ex. 8XQ with 8XSGS) when I enter the sim there is no AA applied at all. It even disables the in-game AA which I have set to 2X.

12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried it with rather "defaul" AA-Profiles like 4xMSAA?

• Like Like x 1
  13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    As i recall, you might have to choose to 'enhance' the AA, not override the AA of the game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. "Enhancing" AA is the trick. R3E looks great & I'm getting better fps than the built in AA.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  15. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA seems to work well, once I finally figured what to do

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Can you guys share your nvidia inspector profile for R3E? For some reason mine is freezing the computer when setting 'enhance' the AA

17. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Someone?

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Read through this thread, there are lots of people's suggestions including my settings up 11 posts.

19. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I ask for the specific .nip file as I am having issues with my settings for an unknown reason. I want to make sure is not some hidden settings on my own profile. I have read this thread, I just need the exported file.

20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Cool this did the trick for me. Game changer.
    I complained earlier about the "bad" AA in the game. I got replies on my statement, AA is not bad etc... I thought I went crazy.
    Today I had the time to dive in the settings of RRE. With that "enhance" instead of override the AA I finally have an awesome GFX. No more AA issues. looks great now on 7680X1440. Ok I have to tone done some settings to maintain a steady 60FPS on this resolution but I'm totally fine with that.
    Thanks for this tip. :D