Justrace Server Manager

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Stefan Mizzi, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

For those interested to connect their servers to Justrace where you are be able to hook all your game server to Justrace then the Justrace Server Manager BETA is now available for download:

1. You can create, stop and delete your game servers from Justrace web application

2. You can schedule your servers from Justrace web app

[​IMG]

3. Your community drivers will be able to see schedule servers and subscribe to them on our match maker

4. The race schedule you create will be tagged to your Community name

upload_2017-2-27_9-40-59.png

5. Results and statistics will be auto uploaded and generated

6. Ratings will be auto calculated

7. You can then also integrate your servers with the coming Advanced League Management system

INSTALLATION:

1. Unzip it to any folder you wish

2. Make a rule in your firewall to open Port 9001 TCP. If you want to change this port, open the file JustraceServerManager\bin\Debug\JustraceServerManager.exe.config and change this. Your sever IP and port have to be accessible from the outside word, so you might need to configure port forwarding.

[​IMG]

3. Change the JustraceServerManager\bin\Debug\Capabilities.json file as you wish. This instructs the app how many servers of game the server can start. For example, the below tells the server that you can have a max of 5 raceroom dedicated servers that can be started. If you also use it for other games, you need to specify the ports to be used.

[​IMG]

4. Run JustraceServerManager\bin\Debug\JustraceServerManager.exe

5. If you don't have a login yet, create one. In the Community Name, enter your server name, for example, Raceroom Server 1

[​IMG]

6. You can install this app on as many servers as you wish, but just choose a different Community name, like Raceroom Server 2 etc

7. Once started, choose the raceroom dedicated server folder and start the raceroom server. The app will tell you if it found any issues like shown below. For example, my laptop cannot be accessed from the outside word and thus it wont work.

[​IMG]

That's it really, now your server is connected to the justrace system.

Let me know if you need help.

Cheers
    Stefan

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Look nice.
    I might try it with my own dedi :)

3. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Go ahead mate! :D Feedback is expected like you always do ;)

4. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    :)

I saw a post from you on Reiza board. How does go the AMS support on Justrace?

5. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    No luck until now. I could not find a way to automate it, but once I finish Project Cars will give it another go.

6. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    too bad... AMS would really benefit from a tool like justrace (but seems that the official VirtualXperience is on it's way ...)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I gave it another go and it worked! :p So I'll add AMS in the next weeks ;)

8. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    :D
    Nice one :)

For the moment it seems that I have Asseto server working .. once I have found that it need the full game installation, doesn't work with the dedicated tool only.
    R3E dedi not working. I have a "REEE not responding" in justrace server manager

Edit: OK for REEE dedi, I had to del the access file with user access control for the R3E dedi web manager.
    Can we set justrace manager to use some credentials for R3E dedi ?

9. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    For AC, the thing is that the app needs to know what cars and tracks you have installed so that it can use them...now this info is NOT on the server unfortunately....what you can do is run the app on the machine where you have full AC installed and the json files will be generated there ;) Then you can just copy these json files to your server. The files will be generated in your AC installation folder Justrace/Data

Actually, R3E is the easiest and straight forward one of them all! It works out of the box immediately :) Did you press the button "Re/Start Raceroom Server" ?

10. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I get that.
    Thanks to the silly way Asseto dedicated works...
    I already had full game installed on the server because of this. Not a big deal..

I've edited my previous post: I had access credential for R3E dedi. Seems to work now ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what you mean...is when RRE localhost:8088 asks you for some unique name?

12. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Seems like you found your way around easily and made a schedule! :p

upload_2017-2-27_15-33-56.png

13. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    R3E server seems to go well (But now I can't test if the server are in the game lobby)

I'va managed to get a server schedule for Asseto. but if I launch one with "create race session" nothing seems to append.
    I don't think I have a link working between justrace and my asseto server.

14. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    For the R3E dedicated you can add an .access file with credentials.
    If you do so you'll need to login with the user : pwd filled in the file to access the web GUI of R3E dedi.

yep.. doing so try, hit and miss here to understand how it work :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    You have created a schedule where the server starts on each hour. So now your server will automatically start at 4pm, 5pm etc

upload_2017-2-27_15-38-55.png

I'm not seeing any schedules for AC from you. The "Create Race Session" is supposed to instantly create and start your server. The schedule on the other hand, the server will start automatically when the time arrives.

Have you choosen the AC folder in the app?

I need to make a detailed video explaining everything.......

16. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yep I understood the difference between scheduled and race session :)
    For R3E I think I have it :)
    (When I said I can't test it on the lobby it's because I'm not at home so I can't launch the game to check if a server is ok)

About AC: I gave it the AC server folder in he full AC folder. Manager was able to load track/car content.

If I launch manually the AC server the manager see it running. but I think nothing appends between the justrace server and my dedi.
    Nothing I've done on justrace seems to work on the Dedi

17. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    If you launch the AC manually, the justrace server manager will see it but wont be able to control it and it wont show on the web. You need to start the AC server from the web like you did with RRE.

Not sure where your problem is, if you want we can to teamviewer later on :)

18. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    So, I had one small issue:
    Justrace manager seems to not close properly (with the upper right cross) when I stop it. It stay in memory, so the listening port is already in use. I have to kill the process manually.

Second issue, that seems related to the fact that I can't set up a Asseto session from justrace, when I launch the manager at the end of the procedure I have the following message in the log box:
    "There seems to be something wrong with the server configuration. It has no capabilities!"

Tried to launch it with admin rights, same message.

19. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Cool, let me fix the issue where it does not close properly ;)

2nd...have you opened port 9001 like I mentioned? :)

20. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

yep.
    Had even try another port..
    After a full server reboot the error message is gone. But I still cannot launch any asseto session.

I've deleted my R3E server from justrace, I see the log in the manager. Seems that the communication is ok, only it doesn't work for Asseto :confused: