Bug Ai Reporting Thread

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Andy Blade, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    i disagree that warping exist.... in the only r3e example that was posted above the cars made contact, thus slowing one of the the cars and the other slowed less , just 15kph difference is over 4metres each second

its easy to be 10kph slower coming out of a corner and depending on the gear and engine of the car and turbo kicking in this can quickly become a car length in less than a second ....

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Not sure why you're quoting me I clearly disregarded the R3E video above as not what I'm talking about. Warping does exist in this Sim I've seen it, why would I say it otherwise!? As before it's not as severe at AMS but it is there.
    Obviously only a video will do so as before I'll try and get one :)

3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I did Bathurst 2H race in GTR3 at 115 difficulty and couple of things i noted:
    • AI seems to break a bit too much on mountain part (especially at McPhillamy, which was mentioned before)
    • They ran a bit weird strategy with fuel/tire usage set at x2:
      • First pitstop after around 40min, when i was running out of fuel after 30min
      • Second pitstop 5-10min later
      • Then it was fine, with pit stops every 30min
      • They seemed to do their pit stops around 10sec faster than me, even though i think i did whole procedure right
    • They're a bit too slow on straights, i was easily overtaking most of them in McLaren
    • They tend to fishtail in middle of The Esses
    • At first you can see how different drivers have different pace, but after some laps it seems like almost every car is lapping in roughly same time, except 2 or 3 of backmarkers that were much slower than rest. After 2 hours almost whole field of 36 cars finished within one minute.

And something minor - maybe I'm biased, but it feels like AI really likes Ford GT and Camaro :p

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  4. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

Custom Championship
    5 Rounds, all NOS VLN
    GTR3
    59 Opponents
    Adaptive AI
    2x tyre wear
    2x fuel

Training 90 min
    Quali 60 min
    Race 90 min
    Rolling start

But it also happened in singlerace-mode with the same settings

5. Peevee88

Peevee88 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Glitch more than a bug
    Silverstone T1 is almost flat out in most cars with some kind of wing.
    I find that the AI slow down too much, particularly on the exit of T1.
    My AI are set at 105 and I was using DTM 2016 and also the Audi P1
    Rule of thumb I have found that if there is a glitch at any point on a RRE track it tends to affect all the cars in the same manner.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Cuba

Cuba Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Stated in another post, but this is probably the right place to comment on every AI car pitting at the same time. Happens to me on all tracks, 10 lap races, 20+ AI on track, AI difficulty set between 94 to 100.
    Thanks!

7. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Tested with X-Bow on 8 Feb 2017, noticed two problems at Silverstone:
    - AI is quite slow in turn 9, and very slow in the sequence 10-11 where it's even dangerous to follow them;
    - AI pushes the player or hit them when the player is inside the turn, even when he's ahead of the AI, they don't seem to detect the player correctly. I don't have a pic of that unfortunately, but it's pretty general at level 100, a typical corner is 2, they tend to take it large, and if the player is inside, along but ahead of an AI opponent, it will ram the player almost every time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Have you only noticed this with the X-bow or other classes as well?

Curious if you notice this in the faster cars with more downforce as well.

9. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Same here. 23 AI DTM they all pit in the last available lap of the pit window.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I suppose you're talking about the slowness part, I've just tried with RF3 and it's the same, really. It's very noticeable in turn 11 where's it's quite safe to go much faster, especially with the downforce of the RF3. In the X-Bow, it's easy to lose control so I usually brake a little just before, but the AI brakes much more than necessary in either car.

11. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    At Laguna Seca just beside the Pit Entry, if you drive a little wide trying to cover your position, you trigger the Pit Lane Notification even far deep into the Race Lane. The Collision Detection Polys protrude too far into the tarmac...
    So:
    • either shift them way down the lane (eg just before that couple of cones)
    • or shift them to the left far enough...
    [​IMG]

Thank you
    :)

12. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    (Regarding previous post on Silverstone) Actually it seems to be a lot of difference between AI levels 108 and 109. At 108 I seem able to gain about 1 second in those two turns, but not at 109 anymore; they're still a bit slower but not as silly as 108.

13. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this. But, I was doing a set of 20 minute races on Silverstone. And on the last lap the AI lost about 10+ seconds. This was with them at 102% (I know, dead slow:oops: but that's what works for me:p) in the F2's with 17 AI. In the first race, I had got knocked off track and ended up about 4 second behind the pack in last place. It took me 10 minutes to catch up and 5 more minutes to make p16. I was trying to get P15 on the second to last lap. Passed him at about the beginning of sector 2 on the last lap. And went from 16th to 6th. There was no one else in site. The second race I started in p3. About half way thru the race I took 1st. And the AI were never more than about 1 second behind me the rest of the race. Quite honestly I was loving the battle:D. Then suddenly on the last lap in about the same place everybody vanished from my mirrors.:confused: I looked at the hud, and p2 was 8 seconds behind me and falling. It ended with them 10+ second back.o_O Unfortunately I have to disable video recording to keep a good frame, rate so I can't check to see what happened.:(
    I've done the same races in the Mustang GTO and DTM 13 and this didn't happen.

Edit:
    I've also noticed on Portimao and Mid Ohio in the F2's that in a 20 min race with AI at 103. Many are pitting on the last 2 laps. With no forced pit stops. I went from 16th to 6th at the end of one race. I watched p1 pit on the last lap and I won in another.o_O

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  14. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if anybody posted that before but I've noticed that when the AI has to pit hat VLN version of Nordschleife, they don't take the pit entry they should do. They go into pits after they did the GP-course so they lose about a minute of time compared to me taking the original entry at the beginning of the GP-course.

15. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Why not just make a UI page where all the AI seting DEV mess around with is as sliders to change the AI and let the users find there own seting that work for them and make it posible to save that seting for specific track or one used on all track. Then users can share their AI seting and this will end the devs strugle to find a good AI seting to suit all and they can focus on more pressing matter. Like a funtional time management system, replays that actualy save all data or give the user the option to set how much he want to record in the replay and the option to record all race or just from when user pass finish line.
    And I bet the dev could find a lot other things they could focus on in the game by adding a feature like this.
    Just saying ;)
    Have a awesome day everyone and keep up the great work DEV's and All you beta testers ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    so you want someone to create a new ui system that ties into aspects that dont work how you believe they do to save time to work on something else ... mmm not sure about that

As far as i can work out there are a few things happening at present and none of the above can solve it globally (as it would still need solving even if we went through with the sliders)

a pattern is forming in my addled brain and im talking with the overlords so hopefully we are on the right track

Andi

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Okay, this is a new one.
    Silhouettes at Bathurst, full grid, 107 AI, 2 lap race ( I just needed the grid time for the AAI).
    First lap everything is fine, end of the second lap, half the grid decides to pit 400 yards from the finish-line. o_O
    Even better, looking at the results.txt, nothing is saved. It states the track, but nothing else.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I had a similar experience just now on hockenhiem GP. FR 2, 17 Ai at 101, 20 lap race with pitstop. 2 ai pitted on lap 19 and one pitted on 20. All were in the top 7.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    tested this and can confirm fuel and tyre set to on normal 7 ai pitted, report gone in

• Like Like x 2
  20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if this is just related to the FR-US or it's now general to the AI throughout the game, but I've tried races with the on many tracks now, and to put it quite blunt the AI are dog arse slow, there biggest problem is braking and turning left or right, they brake to much and they are so slow going round the corners, they have a real lack of awareness, constant tapping the rear end wheel rubbing and pushing you into the dirt, even if you set them on 120% or use the adaptive AI, yes their speed comes up till they hit a corner again, but it's really becoming frustrating, the AI were far superior to this over a year ago, what's happened??

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1