News FREE Weekend | BMW M6 GT3 + Red Bull Ring

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 3, 2017.

1. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    It's Friday, and you know what that means.
    FREE Weekend in #RaceRoom!

Drive the Tatuus F4 on Chang International Circuit for free in Single- & Multiplayer! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
    • Love it! Love it! x 7
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2017
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Wow, this is pretty cool.

Nice to see a free weekend where everyone can try some new content beyond just the normal free stuff.

I've been driving this combo recently on the 'IRL' layout, and it has been an awesome time. I think Sonoma fits the TT cup pretty well with all of its variety. All the elevation and the handful of sweeping corners provide a nice challenge. And the AI handles this track pretty well. They were putting up a good fight for me, and the little side by side bumping felt pretty solid with these tin tops.

I may be a bit biased here... :D ...but it's nice to see some more variety online too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Simon Fillingham

Simon Fillingham Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Sonoma & WTCC work a treat.
    I'm sure this combo will be just as good! :)
    Won't be able to try until Sunday though :(

4. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I've tried the TT Cup, it's a very fun car to race against the AI. Small contacts won't spin you due to FF, and it's a blast to race in a tight pack given the crazy grip vs moderate power. I've noticed that I need to raise AI a bit (+5% maybe) vs what I'm used to on DTM 16' or Grp 5. Regarding modeling, one thing that unfortunately stands out is the wheel that could benefit of some extra polys (seems like many older cockpits in R3E suffer from this).

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Mate, i love this game, the way it drives, the feel, even the "dated" graphics, but more variety online, it has such a limited (size wise) online userbase that all the additions do is fragment it, we end up with 25 servers with between 2 n 8 drivers, if it was focused on 3 or 4 series mixed with the quality that the game obviously is\has we would have half the servers and double the userbase online. No doubt single player is where the money is for RR, but more variety online, no thanks, its way too fragmented as it is, i dont enjoy dtm so take that out all i see is track day after track day, too much mix n match not enough dedicated series racing.
    I cant wait for the release of GTR3 and the hope that it lives up to the expectation for that single reason, server after server serving up single series racing, much like R07, you pretty much had WTC F3000 and GT3, busy servers good racing when the idiots didnt win and a whole lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    That explains the comment someone made after the race, "Nice crashes...".

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Great promotion, even though I bought the American Track pack on Thursday (I didn't know about the weekend promotion!), and Sector 3 upgraded my 2015 model TT into the 2016 version (Thanks!:))
    So despite gaining no immediate benefit from the weekend, I hope it gave others a chance to experience the Audi in a pack rather than just solo testing. My stats show that the TT is my favourite car, so more people having the chance to experience it at it's best is good for me in the long run!
    Thank You Sector 3!
    This game, and developer, deserve all the success they can get.

FWIW - I think Sonoma is the jewel-in-the-crown of the USA pack.

• Like Like x 2
  8. jb2_86_uk

jb2_86_uk Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I just read about this yesterday evening and was able to sneak in an hour before bed time. I was pleasantly surprised. Sonoma, (or 'Infineon Raceway' as it was known in GT) was one of - if not my #1 - least favourite tracks on Gran Turismo. I hated it with a passion. I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed pounding round it yesterday in the TT, so much so that I immediately bought the USA Track Pack!

I won't be using the TT again though. I found it too easy to drive due to it being FWD. By far the biggest hurdle I am overcoming since joining RaceRoom (and enjoying while I'm at it - ) is taming the powerful RWD cars without relying on TCS in 'Get Real' mode. For me, the TT represents a backwards step - being able to mash the throttle in any gear, at any speed, with any steering angle and know that a second later you won't be facing backwards in a cloud of smoke - means that it will probably stay locked away in my garage, ridding me of the temptation to feel like a driving god again, when in reality my skills are still little more than those of an arcade racer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Strange! I was proposing something similar but that was not popular.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...stions-free-tracks-free-cars.6884/#post-98754

10. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    this weekend z4 and spa.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Guessing it's a last gasp in the Z4 before everyone jumps ship and it turns into an M6 Cup for a while, here's hoping there's plenty of liveries, else it may become a tad tedious! Presuming the above video is with the new turned up sounds? Sounds bloody great, do love a cackler!

12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Great combination, should get a ton of interest :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Dan1

Dan1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    "Will very soon welcome its younger but bigger sister in RaceRoom, the M6 GT3."

Can we know what is "soon" for Sector3? For me "soon" is on the same day or in the same week/month as you release the preview, or even after you give some Youtubers the oportunity to drive the M6

14. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Two sentences with infinite answers;

"Soon to be released" and "How long is a piece of string"

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Dan1

Dan1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Im the only one who is in need of the bmw?

16. Supermini

Supermini Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Free weekends are great.
    They remind me why i never go on the free servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Just did a SPA race,, wow,,, the amount of crashes is amazing:eek:,,, that explain why I have a record of 4 free servers races.. xD never going back to free servers, AI is better ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Great idea, they should do it from times to times.

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Open servers are great! Best possible way to brush up on your anticipation, throttle & brake tap dance routines, only way to learn a new language, ok, only swear words but it's a start!
    Don't bother qualifying, start race at the back of the pack, then run the gauntlet, taking note of the Hollywood style car carnage unfolding before you, if you don't crash laughing, you'll be improving your driving and patience skills or of course you can go round and round with a bunch of Roberts!

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Wonderful x 1