Problem Multiplayer freezes

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ChatCureuil, Mar 17, 2017.

1. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

In every multiplayer session, I get freezes (1 to 2 seconds duration) when:
    1. Someone connects to server: it's not every time someone connects, but I would estimate to maybe 1 freeze every 3 connections (EDIT: it's when someone connects whith a car not yet used on the server),
    2. We are in a race and are just finishing the first lap, when people go through the finish line the game displays some HUD and this is at this moment it can freeze, like if it was loading data to display. I think this case will freeze only one time in a race, but am not 100% sure.
    Those freezes are a big pain, if I'm entering a turn it will often ends in a crash. In the second case it will always happen around the straight line, so often enough at the first turn at full speed... And the game is over!

This absolutely need to be fixed as it happens in every multiplayer session.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  2. Jezziem

Jezziem New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have the exact same stutters, that occur like yours.:confused:
    Can't say if it started this patch, because I just began playing online recently.

hardware: Xeon 1230 v3, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB Ram, shouldn't be a problem

edit: Installing R3E on a secondary harddrive, gives me a number of problems. For examples does it seem to be the case that, during a race, no data is read from the storage device, so my HDD shut down and had to restart when I exited to the menu. This gave me the impulse to install R3E on my main SSD, and since then I did not experiece any issues. This might be the case for you too, if you have R3E on an secondary storage device.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  3. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    This seems relevant. :) No need to move the game on SSD, you can configure hard drive sleep behavior. I had a look in Windows and it was configured to sleep after 20 minutes. I have a big doubt cause I think I get the freezes before 20 min on a server, and can get multiple freezes within this duration, but I'll test and give my feedback.
    Thanks for the advice. :)

4. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Still the freezes even if hard drive never sleep.