Released Flag Rules

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    A Ferrari involved? Im shocked :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    For those of you with wishes of more realistic damage, rejoice. Next patch will introduce payment of vRP for all damage done to a car, vRP payment for fresh tires, and as we already mentioned, tyre compounds. A set of softer compounds being more expensive than the harder one, of course.

• Funny x 17
    • Winner x 9
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Creative x 1
  3. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    hmmmmmm. What's the date again ????!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    What about gas?:eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Couldnt put that in time... Will be for the next next patch.

• Funny x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Love it! x 1
  6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Omg, San Marino 1985!!:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    where the joke starts and where it finishes? :D

and honestly, inside a legue, a sort of (fake) money manage in a full championship could be a great option. :D

8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    If we choose not to pay, can we watch some awesome video ads for other games to refill our account? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    If u choose not to pay u have to watch, before every race, a video made by the beta testers explaining why r3e is more real than real life:D:p

10. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Let me be clear about my point of view : If I want the mechanical damages harder, it is just in order to have cleaner races in the lobby. The current damage model is too permissive and a lot of people takes advantage of that. For example, if someone spin in the middle of the track, a majority of drivers will not avoid him but bump into his car because they know with that kind of bump, they will have few damages and this is a major problem. The guy who spin in the track really don't need that. Indeed, there is some case a spinning car is difficult to avoid but in other cases, this is really easy and people prefer to bump into the car because the damage model allow that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  11. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I value your idea, but it will not change anything in the lobby races. These people don't care about their car being broken or not. Look at iRacing - the free races that do not go into your safety records are pure wreck fests. Here in Raceroom I even had a guy coming head on at me - I don't think he cared for a proper mechanical damage model.
    But I do agree that it would be nice to have a bend suspension or the like influence the lap times and driveability more than it does now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    let me understand. you want more damages, cause you don't use a proper legue rules and penalty system?

this morning i was writing: inside a legue, if i spend 2 weeks to prepare a race, and at the second turn someon push me out, i prefer to have a non-prohibitive damage system to rejoin the track and have fun in my race. and not to feel i wasted my time to prepare a race.

so, opposite opinion, for the same problem: people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    or you could just have a damage option "hardcore" wich you can activate if you like it the super-hard way. Could be an option to get even more tension in some races :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    No, in fact, I want more damages to make people more careful during a causual lobby race. In the case of a league race, it is a bit different because, as you say, there is some rules and a penalty system. I am currently a member of a league and i never have problems in my league races. In a classic lobby race, these rules doen't exist so some people do anything, even wrecking other people. Of course, you mention the main drawback : somebody who asked for nothing could be taken down easily by a wrecker wtih more damages.
    However, the wrecker will also terminate his car and maybe that make him think a bit about it but in the case he put his brain off...

So, to make cleaner races in the looby, more damages is, at my mind, a part of a solution, not the solution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    But I want to pay for the Flag Rules DLC, not for these :( :D :p

16. Martin93

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Im pretty sure flag rules is included to. Everytime there is yellow, blur or what ever flag then the game stops and a screen where you have to pay comes up

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    More damage would be defenetly a step in direction realism.

18. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's contrary to what I usually experience. People might bump into spinning cars, but mostly because they don't know how to react or it's simply too late to react, which happens in racing.

Nothing against your opinion, but saying that every bump should result in major damage is just as unrealistic as the current damage model. that's why I linked the vid. (Many) race cars can withstand quite some beating.

19. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    If i understand it a little bit, i wil also get an white flag if there is an car in front of me who had an slow down penalty because he's driving slow?
    If that's correct the slow-down penalty get an second change to use more as now happens

20. Martin93

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I totaly agree that need more realistic damage model. But I do not think more damage will change a thing in public servers...