Known Issue Flag issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by n01sname, Apr 5, 2017.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I really appreciate to have complete flag rules now but the detection is much too sensitive. Just had VRTM practice (today on open server because of PW issues) and it was raining Yellow Flag Penalties because after a heavy incident/accident it's simply impossible not to overtake at least one car which was involved accidentally.
    Same with Blue Flags : Having the Leader behind me after my Stop and Go, he was still about 50-100ms away, when the third warning came and right after I've got another Stop & Go Penalty :rolleyes:....
    For the first warning this should be ok to be aware but after that, the distance shouldn't take more than 3-4 car lengths (or even less) for an appropriate detection that doesn't destroy your race....

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  2. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
  3. XR Freestyler

XR Freestyler Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I also overtook two crashed Cars...Penalty...
    This has to be balanced.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Stede

Stede Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    The Flags are really nice, but like Fairman said, the dectection for Flag-Penalties are way too sensitive. Like it works now it is not possible to activate the FlagRules for a League-Race, in my opinion.

5. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, I didnt play since the patch was applied, real life issues, but a question both to the ones who were penalized after "overtaking" under yellow and the devs:
    - Did you reduce the speed and did you get a penalty while slowing down, too?
    - To the devs: Is this even taken into account?

6. XR Freestyler

XR Freestyler Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I was slowing down, because there were two Cars staying half on Track after a Crash. But no Penalty for slowing down, only for overtaking under yellow.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, need to make sure I understand the reported issues, so I have a question:

Did the game wrongly state : "Allowed to overtake the car ahead" and then penalized you for doing so?

Is that the bug here?

8. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon
    No, not during our practice race, it just seems the flag system cannot differ between accidental overtakes under Yellow and those who clearly disregarded Yellow Flags(or had to because of the situation at hand-it was slightly chaotic as we had to use an open server due to PW issue which resulted in a lot of accidents/incidents - good test conditions actually, even if it was not very satisfying :) )
    And for the Blue Flags it seems to be just a matter of calculating distances : the first warning came way to soon while I just saw some pixels in my rearview mirror (so to say) and before I could even prepare for a smooth overtaking by that faster guy I already got another Stop & Go. Guess the problem is that such maneuvres never work in a linear way reducing the distance, specially when the one overtaking you is not so much faster (talking about a few tenth up to a sec difference) and due to car settings, braking, track layout and driving style & driving errors you have a rubberband-effect where the distance between two cars can vary a lot on one lap alone .
    Hope my point is understandable.....

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Did you see the accident coming and thought you would be able to pass the crashing cars fast before the yellow flag was shown, instead of slowing down? ;)
    And didn't you get warnings to give places back before you got penalised?

10. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
  11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  12. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Twice I have been hit with stop go penalties in multiplayer when I went passed a car that had spun and caused a yellow flag. The spun car on both occasions was facing the wrong way down the track!

13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Were there other cars near you on the track that you were racing against when you entered the yellow flag zone?

14. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Nate, no. First incident occurred on the start/finish straight at Hockenheim. I came out of the last corner onto the straight under yellow to find a car parked facing the wrong way. As soon I as I had passed it I got a "give a place back" message. Nearest cars were at least the length of the start finish straight in front and two corners behind. Same thing happened at the Norisring. Out of the last corner under yellow to find a spun car parked facing me. Again I was hit with the give place back message when I passed it. Nearest car in front was halfway to the start/finish line. Closest car behind was still flat out on the back straight.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  15. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    The flags and penalties are kinda weird. Last night, several drivers in our race (our first race after the flag update was released) received stop and go penalties for overtaking under yellow while not really aware they've done so. I've synced my race recording with replay footage in two such cases (there were more) and I honestly don't understand why they received their penalties or what did they do wrong:

There was also an instance where one of the drivers went into pits to get new tires and the game just disqualified him for apparently no reason at all - he received no warnings or penalties beforehand, was not speeding in pit lane or anything like that. He was just DQ'd upon entering pits.

Also, I'd argue that the whole flag UI needs some finetuning. The messages shown alongside flags are too small and at a very incovenient place on the screen. This is especially problematic when yellow flags are concerned - when there's a yellow flag, chances are you're already pretty busy as it is and the last thing you want to do is to stop focusing on what's going on around you and instead try and read a small message in a corner to see if it says "Caution", "Do not overtake" or "Allowed to overtake" - which can also change pretty rapidly. I can see the flag itself in my peripheral vision, but reading the actual message means I have to look at it directly, losing focus.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  16. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    The yellow flag system is a mess. Someone really needs to rethink this.

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I haven't had any issues but I only play single player mode

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Maybe not the flag fault, but I was a bit disappointed in a MP race.
    I pass a curve and see a car really slow "A", and another one "B" that was crashed off track, ahead A.
    At this time I see the yellow flag "don't overtake", but the car A (not crashed) was still braking for an unknown reason so that I almost stopped just to respect yellow flag.
    Cars coming from back was probably surprised to find 2 cars stopped in middle of track, maybe they didn't see yellow flag and I was knocked with violence from back. Almost every one passed me (from P3 on ~12 players) and I didn't see any penalty UI displayed.
    I don't know why A almost stopped, maybe he saw a "don't overtake" order, but he was 2nd and only the 1st was crashed off track.
    And why nobody got a penalty is a mystery.

It's also a troll vulnerability in races, under a yellow flag "don't overtake", just stop and force everyone behind you to get a penalty or to stop...:confused:

Every one was clean in this race so I suppose A has a good reason to act like this.

EDIT: When we get a pit stop penalty, please show a red and visible icon until the penalty is cleared. I got disqualified for a penalty I didn't see.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  19. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Yeah thats all very nice with AI cars that go into yellow flag mode instantly.

Unfortunately when 32 GT3 cars are trying to go through Eau Rouge in the first lap of a multiplayer race things ain't quite so simple. Give it a try.

20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    think I will pass, lol. Sounds too frustrating