App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Did you add plugins to rf2 and ac ?

2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    @ElNino Where do you see RACE_ROOM text? In the application selection list? It looks like your installation of Crew Chief might be corrupted. Also, recent versions of CC would offer automatic setup of rF1/rF2/AC, if you are not getting those prompts it might be better to uninstall/reinstall CC.

If you still see text like that after reinstall, you may want to delete: c:\Users\[your login]\AppData\Local\Britton_IT_Ltd. (This will reset your CC settings to default). Install Shield fun :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. AUSTmike

AUSTmike New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi guys!...thanks for a great program "crew chief!" and i have a question about the speech accent language packs!...I installed the MSSpeech_SR_en-US_TELE.msi instead of the MSSpeech_SR_en-GB_TELE.msi and i still get the UK accent and not the US accent!...is this the same pack!...or am i doing something wrong!....cheers...mike

4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    These are for speech recognition. The sounds are all manually recorded. All 10000+ of them. So changing the accent isn't possible

5. XR Freestyler

XR Freestyler Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Come on, a little mexican accent... Like: Eeeeeyyyyyy Grrrringoooo, you drive reeeeeealy fast...:D
    Give it a try...
    Just kidding

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. AUSTmike

AUSTmike New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    but isn't the US version have a different accent than the UK one!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps you've misunderstood. I've recorded all the sounds for this free application myself, by hand, using my voice and my free time. I have an English accent because I'm English. If you don't like my English accent you're welcome to re-record all the sounds yourself, in your free time.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    How about you charge 1GBP per word to different accent ? that might work ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    What do I need to do to get Stan my engineer to stop telling me my sector times? Cheers

10. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    You can uncheck race_sector_reports_at_each_sector and race_sector_reports_at_lap_end and set frequency_of_race_sector_delta_reports to 0. This should disable reports in race. There are similar options for qualification and practice.

11. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Great, thanks for your help.

12. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Hmm did u update also the AC version ? the R3E Version is really good. but i looks like that your Focus is 90% on R3E ;) any News about AC maybe ?

13. Sparten

Sparten New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What updates is that you want for AC ?

14. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Its all about how much info crew chief has access to from the game, Raceroom obviously throws out more info than AC does.

15. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    yeah just more infos as in R3E. ah ok. thx mates

16. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Thank you sir! I saw Race_room parameter in mr belowski's original instructions, and it also matches the text in the game list in top left of crew chief UI (if you replace " " with "_") so i was hoping the other games would use the same format - but either they dont or i'm just doing it wrong....i will try a reinstall - my steam folder is not in default spot, wonder if that interferes with auto select function

17. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Concrete list of things will be more helpful. Some things might be missing because they're not available in AC, some might be bugs.

18. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    You can set Steam path on a preferences page. Are you trying to launch the game when you hit Start in Crew Chief, or by adding command line parameters to CC launch?

I had a quick look at code and I while I couldn't figure out how exactly command line stuff is related to launching in CC, game id's do not have () in them, here they are: (Jim, correct me if I am talking BS)

RACE_ROOM, PCARS_64BIT, PCARS_32BIT, PCARS_NETWORK, RF1, ASSETTO_64BIT, ASSETTO_32BIT, RF2_64BIT

Cheers!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    @The Iron Wolf fantastic sir that is exactly what i was after...yes trying to use command line to launch crew chief.

Reason being, i use sim commander (sim vibe software) as my sim racing hub, so it has to launch all associated programs when it launches a sim....so needed crew chief to start with specific game selected.

So yeah i dont launch the sims with crew chief, im guessing thats where auto select comes in. Either way, i should be good now thanks to your help!!

20. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Big THANKS for the name update:D. Hearing my CC pushing me along using my name is just the coolest thing since VR.

• Agree Agree x 4