Criticism of the store page for the devs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sayjimwoo, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    It has been months since the new store page design has been with us and I have to share my opinion of it. I will say off the bat, it is horrible to view. It is nothing to do with the layout, I think everything is now easy to navigate. I also think you have made huge improvements in finding which liveries you don't yet own. Before you had to click through every car individually to find them.
    What I dislike about the new look is, when you navigate around, you are met with a white misty loading screen? Also, when I look through all my purchased items, my cars for example, again I am scrolling through a page of white haze, which only disappears when I hover my mouse pointer over the particular car I am viewing.
    Why can't I view my glorious collection without this white haze over everything? It is annoying, and I rarely show off my purchases now because of the way you are displaying it. I only use the store to purchase items then I am gone. Please get rid of the white haze over everything, and bring back the vibrant colour the store once had.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  2. DowntownSIX

DowntownSIX New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My biggest gripe is the inconsistent selling practices - some packs I can upgrade some of the time and whenever new content arises there are often three ways to purchase said content for three different prices.

The frequency of updates and dev presence on this forum makes me all fuzzy inside but the business model is incosistent and overengineered and is a black mark against an otherwise fantastic sim.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The whole packs model lacks transparency that I do not know which pack is upgradable or not. Not to mention, the option to buy all the liveries associated to the car is too high, to begin with. 7 Euro for one car with all it's liveries compared to 10 Euro for the Starter Pack, the pricing absolutely make no sense.

I had been wanting to throw S3 more money, However, due to how the packs work, I have not even reloaded my vRP over a year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Be art ches be like,
    upload_2017-4-21_8-30-45.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Do you smoke or drink? how much do you pay for a night out with nothing to show at the end except a hangover lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. DowntownSIX

DowntownSIX New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did you read his post at all? This is about the 9th post I've seen conflating a players concerns with the inequity in the pricing model with the cost of content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Stop moaning about the pricing then, it's not going to change and this about the zillionth post about the pricing model.

8. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Keep in mind everybody is allowed to have his own opinion. It's not up to you to decide what people can say or when to stop. ;)
    And if this is the zillionth post about the pricing model, maybe those people have a point.

9. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    I will risk some burns by commenting here. :D

Packs are discounted, so when you purchase them you pay less than if you had paid for all the included content separately. It's a bulk purchase discount, essentially.

This can be flipped to say that the Starter Pack is as cheap as a car and all liveries too. Good deal yes? :p

Though for the record, some of us would like to see liveries free or discounted, and with some cars having livery packs that has sort of come true.

The only pack I know for sure that you can't repurchase is the Premium Pack. The reason is in the end simple and obvious. If you could always repurchase the Premium Pack then effectively all prices in the store might as well be lowered or there would be no point buying anything but the Premium Pack over and over again. It's a one time deal.

That said, the store is a complex spaghetti where not everything is easy to understand. I spend a lot of time in help desk with users who misunderstand, I'd love to see a lot of stuff improved because that would mean less work for me! :cool: At least, it would mean less time spent with simple stuff that shouldn't be a problem to begin with.

• Like Like x 4
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure? The other packs (starter and pro) and also GTR3 seem to be purchasable only one time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    As I said, that's the one I am sure about. Don't want to say anything about other packs since I don't know for sure. :p If anything, another good argument to make the store more clear. Not even devs know all about it! (I'm still sort of new though but still.)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Or maybe the same 5 people just keep going on... ;)
    Which they are free to do, but not by hijacking other peoples threads.

The OP was about the store items being translucent after you bought them, making them hard to distinguish on some displays. I tend to agree, never liked this sollution, but it is a clear visual indicator/divider between owned and unowned content.
    Maybe there is a better sollution tho...

Let's have a little meeting, I'll talk you through it. :p
    But sbtm is right, atm no pack can be bought twice. They are like one time discount vouchers essentially. Use it once, use it wisely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Last week I was reading an appropriate comment in the newspaper:
    Freedom of expression means, you may always express your view. You don't have to.;)
    I'm bothered about pricing as well and I didn't buy anything since xbow with one livery.
    I'll save my opportunities until they're worth it.
    Meanwhile I'm driving FR US or WTCC16 in competitions.
    So, everyone is his owen master and can decide for himself.:)
    Peace to all.:D

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    The white haze is slightly meh, but I love the way the car zooms in ever so slightly as you hover the mouse over it.
    Maybe we need a slider to adjust how much it zooms in and out! Oh, hang on, I found a magnifying glass, and can now do that myself.
    Go about your business.

Full disclosure : I live on the coast, and having a white haze cover everything is not an unusual occurrence.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    When was that EVER true?

Please don't answer, this is not the place for political discussions.
    (But admire how I remove your ability to argue with my viewpoint! :))

Not sure why the XBOW was made available - I don't like it.
    I spent the money on the new WTCC pack instead. Now that was value for money.

16. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Why no answer?
    Wait!
    Two black SUVs are coming. Black dressed men are exiting. They're coming to my house. They're breaking up the door. They're coming up the stairs.
    What do you ... No!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Don't Clench!
    It goes easier for you in the long run.

18. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    My 12 year old son arrived. He's got the green belt in taekwondo and defeated them all.:p

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. DowntownSIX

DowntownSIX New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd suggest this is proof enough that there is an issue.

I don't understand your militant opposition to the criticism of bad ideas. Nobody is here saying make content cheaper, nobody is here saying make content free. We're saying make the pricing structure clear and more importantly, the same for everyone.

I don't think this is all that contentious - I like the game, I like the devs, I like the community, I don't like the pricing model and I think it could be improved to benefit everyone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I see what you're getting at now.

• Like Like x 2