Next Level Motion Sim V3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blanes, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Who really knows ?

Enumeration list (from emails with Guitammer)

- July 14th (2016): within 6 - 8 weeks
    - August 8th: within 6 - 8 weeks
    - October 18th: working hard to get the set before the holidays
    - December 6th: kit wil be available very early in the new year (2017)
    - March 1st: We are still working to have the Simulation Kit back into stock. We are projecting availability to our European resellers late in the spring. We do apologize for the continued delay.

I lost some faith...:rolleyes:

2. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I have two BS-200 body shakers from Reckhorn. https://www.reckhorn.net/pages/body-shaker.php I am super happy with them. As an amplifier I got the Reckhorn A-2.1 3. Perhaps the amplifier might be a bit small to run two body shakers on its max level (parallel wiring, 2 Ohm) , but it is not on its max level either. the amp does not overheat. For a heavy sofa it might be too weak but not for my rig (There a bigger amps in the store to setup up to 6 shakers)
    As a clamp for my rig I got the Fisher shaker mount (bit expensive compared to the rest, but the only one I could find). The second shaker is mounted to the backside of my pedals, cool feeling :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Oh dear, maybe sometime next year then, maybe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Brian Himmelman

Brian Himmelman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Love my V3 Motion with VR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    hey Brian great to hear mate, after the long wait & problems you had ! It really makes it all feel that much more fun & like you are actually racing. :) show us a vid or pic of your setup if you able to :cool:

6. Smoothchat

Smoothchat New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes me too. I love Dirt Rally in VR on the Rift.

I don't use the VR compensation tho. I found that it introduced some lag which also effected other VR games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Awesome profile manager update :

Now we can change the linearity and limit the range of movement of the NLMv3. Can't wait to try this out tonight.

[​IMG]

8. Smoothchat

Smoothchat New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Cool, perhaps you might be able to share some advice on how to use these new features and what effect they have. I am hoping that I can enhance small road bumps which seems to be lacking on some asphalt surfaces.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  9. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I haven't tried it yet, but basically you can compress the entire movements in a smaller range and enhance the smaller effects.
    For small road bumps i advice you to invest in a tactile transducer and simvibe

10. Smoothchat

Smoothchat New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes. I have the Buttkicker Gamer 2 attached to my seat and the tactile output of the Platform manager software (that came with the V3) seems to do a good job. It fills the gaps with Dirt Rally, but games like Assetto need a bit more road feel (IMHO)

Hmm, I tried to insert an image hosted on my Dropbox, and the site wouldn't let me. It thinks it's a suspicious URL ??

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  11. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0

My advice: Invest in simvibe.

The simcommander software is miles ahead of platform manager. You can easily tune how much feedback / road detail you want. It will take Next Level Motion years to reach the same tactile feedback levels.

I'm 100% sure you won't be disappointed. Both simvibe and platformmanager.can run besides each other in all sims.

12. Smoothchat

Smoothchat New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Looks like only Roll and Pitch are adjustable in the new post processing area. At least, thats all I see in Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally.

Geez I wish they would set up a specific user forum where we can share our settings easily. Perhaps built into the S/W to publish and retrieve shared settings.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    Been testing the new motion post processing and it feels really good to shorten the movement and increase the effects. It is only roll and pitch because it is 2DOF and those axis movements cover everything. I now use the Platform Manager tactile options instead of simvibe as on my system with one buttkicker gamer 2 it works better.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Smoothchat

Smoothchat New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ah. Thank you for clarifying the scope of the new adjustments.

15. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    The post processing effects were nr1 on my wanted list. It feels like my NLMv3 just got a siginificant upgrade.

16. Smoothchat

Smoothchat New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What settings do you use on the post effects?

17. HoiHman

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I haven't tweaked everything to perfection yet, but in general i intensify the shorter movements and limit the max moments.
    Something like this:

[​IMG]

In general i want the max movement to be somewhere around the 50%

• Like Like x 1
  18. Terje

Terje New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, i will try this settings :D

PS: I tried making a new thread generally about Motion Simulator V3 settings and setups.

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for a nice thread. I am looking for an alternative to SimXperience, because it is too big for my room. However, it looks like this is only seat mover, so application like this will not be possible, right? (I'd like to mount a playseat):

Unlike guy in this video, I'll probably want to mount some plywood, and then the seat, because I don't think the post without any support will hold pedals for long.

20. Lasvideo

Lasvideo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone here use the Motion Platform in flight simming? I have some questions about programming the Platform Manager software to refine the flight experience. On gentle tilt and pitch changes it feels a bit "notchy" (tiny sequential bumps) when it moves from position to position.