FRX-17

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torned The Bullet, May 1, 2017.

1. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    About the sounds, AMS is not that bad in sounds and V10 alone is a good reason to own AMS. But compared to R3E the majority of sounds in other titles feels a bit flat. R3E sounds more "organic". Not that I driven racecars IRL that much, well, never to be exact. Aside from one hour in a Ferrari F328GTB which is really cool if you are in to old-school mechanical fast cars.

But aside from that, what to think about the insanely Renault RS10 engine. A 1.5 liter turbocharged V6 with maximum output of over 1300bhp. And that on the end of the 70's era... :eek::D

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Well, Formula RaceRoom Classic was announced some time ago, but this could be anything. I would expect this will be something from 1976-1979 or something from late 80s

3. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    This came out of the blue for me when I saw Jimmy's video pop up. I was about to go all 'meh' about it, but then he said "V10".

Seriously though, what appeal do people see in all this KERS, DRS, hybrid nonsense? Am I the only left on the planet who does not feel the hype for modern F1 in simracing? I mean, you can drive a 1960s powder keg on wheels, why would even want to touch something with a spoiler on it?

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    So is this the "FR1"? There's already been a folder named raceroom_fr1 in the cars folder for a while now.

I'm guessing the F1 lawyers strike again? Are the combination of letters F and 1 copyrighted now? o_O PCars got away with Formula A... How about Formula Uno?

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No, but they cannot be less than 3 characters apart. :D

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    It's nothing to do with what power unit is in the back, tiz all to do with who can get the most buttons on a steering wheel, amazes me still, how people write 1000 word monologues in chat whilst dicing on the track o_O let alone adjusting brake balance, selecting tyre compounds, noticing a waste bin 3 metres out of place in the overflow carpark and spanking my arse to boot. Dinosaurs go extinct, way of the world, can be embraced or one can throw one's toys out of the pram, ain't gonna change a thing. Bloody good job I live in the virtual racing world and can drive jolly well what I like, when I like. Personally I prefer to look forward and not back, without progression you get stagnation, mistakes are made along the way, this could well be one of them for F1 but just a stepping stone to the future, you can go with the flow or stand still stamping your feet like a petulant toddler, whatever floats your boat but one thing is for sure the technology is amazing, you could fit one of those 1000bhp+ V6's in a kids rucksack! :eek:
    If you keep glancing back, you will, eventually, walk into a lampost!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. T.L

T.L Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Have there been an official statement yet? When can we expect it to released??
    I was planning to buy automobilista but now Im gonna get more tracks in RRE
    for this car instead. :D

8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    There was no official word yet, but it shouldn't take to long I guess. When previews from Youtubers pop-up it often indicates a release short after the next Update of the game. As the last big update is one month ago (followed by some hotfixes) the next update could be close.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    The one, who writes this s**n word, goes instantly on my ignorelist.:mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Holy crap, the trackside sound sounds really similar to the sounds of the late 80s F1 I heard from trackside last year. Except there isn't any backfire sounds and it did not attempt to make me deaf.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Get both! :D;)

And it will probably out - I take care for my words @fischhaltefolie :p - reasonably "quick". We all hope... ;):p:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Damn, I promised myself I will not spend more money on R3E until car filter and Formula RR1 get released. And now Georg teases multiclass racing and this car pops up in previews... What can I say. My wallet will be ready.:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    FRX -17...uh, thought it's about a new fighter Jet :D (not that I`m a fan of Jets) but at least something with that sound we've all waited for.....mmmmh V10. Guess I'll buy one livery at least -just for the good old times....

14. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Please release this tomorrow thanks :D

15. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    @GooseCreature thats for you. dont try to turn on the speakers, it wont make any difference.
    and if you lean back, close your eyes and open your mouse... you can almost feel like you are really at the dentist.
    Thats the sad future of motorsport

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i poured some gasoline in my ears to forget these sounds..

• Funny Funny x 7
  17. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    SOON :p
    I guess you'll forget most of your problems if you keep doing this. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    At least we've got bio-ethanol which can fuel race-engines now... and in the future... :mad::p;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Anyhow I knew, I could count on you.
    Ignore @Christian Göpfert , check:p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    And that is why I am here virtually enjoying Motorsport.
    All Motorsports will eventually come join me too, how many houses do you think they could build on an average size race track?
    Fossil fuels are diminishing to critical levels, bio fuels use up too much farmland and no one will go watch hairdryers going round in circles. The future is right here, ask McLaren, they believe they have more chance in the virtual world than the real one.
    Several car manufacturers have jumped into the virtual world these last few months and more will follow, driving cars will be, in the very near future a preserve for the rich only, us serfs, we'll get the virtual variant and like it or lump it.

We're all doomed, doomed I tell you!

I am available right now for motivational talks and team building weekends if required! :D

• Funny Funny x 1