V8 Super cars , Australian/New Zealand Tracks RaceRoom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeneralMotors, May 8, 2015.

1. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Surprises are cool

• Like Like x 3
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    actually iracing has got v8sc in it but thats not in my price range so im looking foward to having them in r3e

3. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    there isnt really a phillip island-like track in R3E is there? i know everyone seems to have their favorite non-bathurst aussie circuit but i do feel like that'd be a good one...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Unless Jay Ekkel confirms it or S3S posts a teaser, I aint going to believe it. :)

Still, the Volvo and Nissan would be a good start. Ford and Holden can be added later on. ​

5. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    good if you beleved some random person on the internet (like so many) you would be the fool.
    I actually want the volvo the most cause then i can pretend to be Scotty (they just need to add the occasional dump oil and spin out on formation mechanic to r3e)
    although Svg's Twix livery would be cool (it's gonna be stupid if he has exactly the same livery as Craig and Jamie when he moves to redbull I hope they can have the originality to mix it up a bit. they wont tho look at Toro Rosso in f1. aghhh i hate red bull but they sponsor every thing cool so i love them aswell.).

6. GeneralMotors

GeneralMotors Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yer i know iracing has V8SC , but it doesnt look and sound that great , believe race room would do a much better job than iracing , raceroom is the race sim that stands out because its different from the rest because of the classes they have , instead of the usual F1 and NASCAR .

7. GeneralMotors

GeneralMotors Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Nice.

8. GeneralMotors

GeneralMotors Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Oh man how i love to have that , see if raceroom did do that it makes it that much more different than the other sims , i have so much fun on the Gr5 cars because its different.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. GeneralMotors

GeneralMotors Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    All 4 of them Holden Ford Nissan and Volvo :)
    Holden 1st tho lol.

10. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    @GeneralMotors can you please read the whole thread before you reply to comments and when you do keep them all to one post.

no they did not have the licence to ford or holden at the time of the q&a whan this was mentioned so only volvo and nissan

11. GeneralMotors

GeneralMotors Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Holden and Ford should be frist since this is the V8 Super cars , there never use to be nissan and volvo in the v8sc till now , just thinking from an original point of view .

12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but if Holden aren't willing to play ball with the license, or there is some other restriction by the series that prevents it (see DTM in PCARS), then it's not possible.

Does this count? (28:50, in case the link doesn't work)

• Like Like x 2
  13. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    thank you this is the video i was thinking of.

as Rodgre says its sector 3 cant just choose any car they'd like they have to licence it otherwise they'd have the Ferrari for gt3 cause that just makes sense, but Ferrari want way too much money for that license we have to say boo hoo and shrug it off cause the nissan gtr is better anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. GeneralMotors

GeneralMotors Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well im not gonna have a whine about it , to be honest mate your being a bit of a buzz killer , we know v8sc are coming we know that the falcon is coming , so im sure if they can get the licence for ford then they can get the licence for Holden(GM) , you simply just cant have v8sc with out Holden and Ford .

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Erm, he's just being realistic and responding to your post.

Every brand is different and sees different value in their licenses, unfortunately. It's a pity, because to be honest the exposure they should be able to get from it in terms of influencing future generations could be immense, but I think too many just see video game licensing as a short-term revenue stream rather than a brand enhancement.

You might find this thread interesting to see more about the background to it :)
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...with-aston-martin-in-r3e.850/page-2#post-9171
    There has been a lot of discussion on this front over at WMD for the last few years, with regards to PCARS, which has been similarly insightful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    :rolleyes: Aussies, :mad: buggers aren't they.;)

17. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    yeah thats quite interesting...i almost posted iR had only a falcon for some time, but i figured that was just them being slow to add content & not holden being expensive...lol holden??? who the eff do u think u are?

18. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Isn't Holden going to disappear in a few years anyway? You think they'd take what they can get whilst they still can! It'd be interesting to know if Holden and other GM brands have completely unique independent licencing agreements or if the parent company has a say in them.

19. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Oi, I heard that, ya bloody Hobbit.

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
  20. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    no holdens just going to stop making cars in auz they still make small cars elseware.