Fanatec

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Karting06, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    @Not Lifting Off, I don't agree with you.
    I'm really happy about the wheel. And I don't hear that loud noise. Or maybe I don't use the kerbs enough :p

2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I think that is down to it being a beta wheel, pre production and all that.
    Seller has been in touch to buy it back but is dragging his feet a little. Get the weekend out of the way then complain to the Fanatec again.

3. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Good luck :)
    I hope the best for you ;)

4. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    I just bought a CSL Elite LC Pedals, but I'm encountering a small problem..
    When I connect The pedals to my CSL Wheelbase with the RJ12 furnished, they are not found on the driver...and on the game !!!
    I have to connect them on PC with USB.
    What should I do ??

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Drive! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec have dropped the price of a V2 quite significantly if anyones interested, down to £468 at current conversion rates from about £600.
    Just saying.

7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Maybe because of this. Directdrive Wheelbase seems to be on the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    CSP v3 pedals are now available in upright position. But 600 bucks. And it seems there is no kit to convert your existing v3 ...bummer... So it basically means, if you bought the v3 for 380 bucks some time ago you now have to either pay another 600 to get GT style pedals or you use your free time for a diy convert to gt-style project instead of racing. Or am i missing something?
    And tbh the new... pedal construction doesn't look very sturdy.

But is it worth the additional 220 bucks compared to the normal v3 pedals? Just for upright position?

9. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I'd rather move into direction Heusinkveld. But V3 as I use them are good enough for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Yep, had seen that but i thought it more to do with the thrustmaster ts-pc release and maintaining sales with higher quality (maybe) competition.
    Some crazy pricing going on over there, $250 premium for an inversion that looks like it wouldnt last three months of my heavy footed braking, dosnt look very solid at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    yes same here. and i think I will stay with my normal v3 for some longer time.. I mean they're only 5 months old now. I was just shocked from the price and the fact that there is no upgrade kit available for existing customers. But why not milk the cow twice for the almost same product.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    They're ugly as hell!:confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
  14. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Wow, this topic has been active this week :eek:

Thank you, @Thomas Cameron. I checked it when I bought the SLI-Pro from Bodnar, but completely forget it for Fanatec. I'm going to try it.

Indeed, the inverted pedals have a crazy price :eek: :eek:.
    The V2 is now on pre-order on the Fanatec website? What has changed in fact?

15. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I think it will be they are intending to release a direct drive base this year ...maybe

Thomas

16. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    The pre-order of the CSPv3 + dampers was 552,- back in 2015. So i ordered a couple. After ordering i realized that i was getting in to Heusinkveld price range.

So i cancelled the V3's and ordered a couple of HE-pros instead. Never looked back, no regrets. One of my best sim gear purchases ever. Their customer service is THE BEST in the business, without any doubt. Tomorrow me and couple of friends are going to visit Heusinkveld Enginering and who knows i might even come back some new toys :)

Back on topic:

The Fanatec gear is still very popular in the sim race community. This weekend in one day i sold my CSWv2, CSPv2, CSS and UHUBX all at reasonable prices.

Because of the pricedrop of the CSWv2 chances are that the Fanatec Direct Drive will be priced below 1000,- My guess is 899,- pre-order and regular price 999,- after a couple of months.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  17. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I don't see Fanatec's direct drive coming in below 1000 euro's I would say anywhere between 1200/1500 but you never know, maybe the TM version would sneak in under a 1000.

18. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget this will be the first mass produced DD wheel, made in china. I suspect it will be inferior to OSW and AccuForce in torque, but it will more than enough for 95% of the sim racers. If their DD wheel would be around 1200-1500 they wouldn't have lowered the price of the CSWv2 from 749 to 549.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    You can already buy DD Wheels for ~1200,- Euro (OSW or Simucube) so i expect DD wheels from Fanatec or Thrustmaster will be a lot cheaper.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 3