Released Formula RaceRoom X-17

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, May 15, 2017.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OK, mine is a 74, but in general you are right [​IMG]

2. Homie Bee

Homie Bee Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Will there be a real version with Sharkfin, T Wing, V6 Turbo and ERS? Also, a version with dash screen integrated onto the steering would be nice too. This car is cool and all but I'd rather drive a separate period correct early 2000s grooved tires V10 F1 and wide tires 2017 F1 than a frankenstein that has no relation to the real thing.

3. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Looks amazing, would have been nice if you could select different color cheeks on the wheels. I dont like the yellow ones. Red or purple/pink would have suited better imo.

Will this also bring out different tire compounds? Med, soft, supersoft, ultrasoft?

4. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Made up fantasy names are a terrible idea.
    Here's my solution.

1) Choose a track. Any Track.
    2) Release week, the top 25* most active forum members that have bought the car post lap times in the X-17.
    3) The drivers names(potentially edited) are ranked according to the times set, and are immortalised for all time (or next patch) in the game they love so much.

Who wouldn't want to race Rodent and SVG-Bio-Sport and Ice Princess...err sorry, Eisprinzessin?

*CheerfullyInsane, mr_belowski, and The Iron Wolf should automatically be included for their contributions towards improving the game experience, and all Beta Testers.

I would mention the Devs, but they can already put themselves in any fantasy series they like.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    A nice idea with only 2 minor flaws. These immortalised lucky few will be unable to use Crew Chief when racing the AI because their names appear twice in the session (once for them, once so the AI driver). Also, these immortalised lucky few will be unable to use Crew Chief when racing the AI because their names appear twice in the session (once for them, once so the AI driver).

I thought it such a major flaw as to warrant mentioning it twice :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for ruining my fantasy with your superior knowledge of how the real world works!

7. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    To be fair to me, I assumed that the immortalised few would choose to play themselves when making the car choice, so the AI version of them-self would not actually be in the race.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Finally a collision that no matter what happens, I win. But it'd totally race the rest of you clean of course, give or take a few profanities in the engine note as you overtake it.

9. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I think you may want to wait for Codemaster's F1 2017 to hit store shelves, sir

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Unless S3S wants to get Automobilistad, mixing stuff was their only choice.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  11. Vinodh Moodley

Vinodh Moodley New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any idea when this will be released? Looking forward to this over F1 2017. Been disappointed every year with the Codemasters F1 series.

12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    shit.. since I am a project cars 2 WMD gold member an AI driver has my name, so if crew chief will be available for project cars 2 sometime, this means I cannot use it because I'm already there as an AI driver? :-(

13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Nah, it'll be reet. There's some logic in the app to try and deal with this eventuality. It's not perfect but should be sufficient to make it work if you're racing offline with one or two duplicate names

14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Been beta testing Codies new F1 2017, have to say, marked improvement over previous versions.
    Have always struggled with the speed everything happens in F1, now, not sure if it's because I'm back up to speed Simwise but been having a blast with the beta, really getting it flowing and when you need to stop, with the extra rubber available you can leave braking to the very last millisecond, trailing right to the apex, exhilarating to say the least.
    Hope the FX17 feels similar, big fat tyres and a V10, mix made in heaven.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    This "soon" is getting very long! :p But take the time you need, I'm just sooooooo impatient... :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  17. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic Cannot wait

18. Svennys

Svennys New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hyped AF

19. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Nope, because R3E cannot simulate Hybrid and ERS systems. That is why we also got a 10 years old Audi prototype somewhile ago, which was still diesel and not hybrid.
    FIA and FOM have nothing to do with this Frankenstein, it's just their physics engine that is obsolete.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait 'till the DX11 version of RaceRoom is released 'cause DX9 graphics looks so obsolete and crappy... :rolleyes::p

No, FRX17 concept is very cool, sound is as just absolutely stunning, and the graphics looks very good! DX9 pushed to it's outer limits is way better than poorly implemented DX11. :cool:

Can't wait to give it a spin tomorrow!

Nope, PCars, PCars 2, Dirt 4, F1 2017, Grand Turismo Sport, Forza Horizon 7... Those titles are "hyped AF", just like certain car-packs from Kunos. ;)

The few pre-release video's and ingame footage of this car can't hardly been seen as hyped material imho... Since the announcement it's highly anticipated by some, and hated by some others. :)