Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing - Discussion

Discussion in 'Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, May 2, 2017.

1. Florian Hasse

Florian Hasse New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Referring to your post Rob, i didn't receive a conformation mail. Perhaps there is an issue that you did not receive them all?

2. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I sent the confirmations now. I recieved your mail just like normal.
    No reply yet from Jagielo, Kunze, Toccaceli, Shwartzman, Yakubu and Tzanetos. If you want to race, reply to the mail today!

Also, there are still some really fast people with fake name/nickname on the leaderboard, that might even have a chance to move onto the grid here. Please change your ingame name to real name if you want to have a chance to be invited!

3. Miguel Meireles

Miguel Meireles New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys! Can the server be upgraded to Norisring? Thanks! :)

4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  5. Miguel Meireles

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Robert!

6. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    ...and now?

7. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My screen froze with a nice big lead :'(

8. Shadowbounty:

Shadowbounty: New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Probably because everyone else behind was driving like it was the last lap.

9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Race will be restarted at 13:00 GMT / 14:00 UK / 15:00 EU (Quali).

10. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    nice race, stop&go and not even showing -> DQ, well done!

11. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Apologies for all technical issues today. That was a pretty shit day in the office :D As always, send all logs to competition@raceroom.com

12. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    That is very strange, it popped up on my screen that you received a stop and go for overtaking under yellow. For a moment I panicked thinking it was for me.

13. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    on my screen the only stop&go I saw was for yakubu for overtaking under yellow. but I never overtook under yellow and even though penalties should have been off

14. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The flag rules issue was on our side, all servers were apparently changed to Flag Rules Complete during the last patch and I didn't double check it.

The question why a penalty didn't show up is another one. For this, please send the logs.

15. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I don't wanna talk around it. That race event has been pretty bad and there have been some oversights on my part, and also some game problems, that made it quite bad. Sorry for that.

16. Miguel Meireles

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On my screen it appeared that Kunze received a stop&go penalty for overtaking under yellow, but only him. Nothing about Yakubu!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    This issue was reported some time ago.
    If multiple drivers get a penalty under yellow at the same time, the drivers get only one penalty message for one driver.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  18. Tim Heinemann

Tim Heinemann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Heinemann vs. Siggy (Lap 3, Turn 1)
    Keithley makes a mistake and gets into a slide, Heinemann tries to go for a cutback and slightly taps Keithley, who is slow on the apex. Heinemann gets slowed down by the contact again, so both cars are very very slow on the apex. Siggy, who takes a normal corner, has no chance of avoiding him and taps him once, Heinemann spins. Really unlucky situation for Heinemann but it's not Siggy's fault either.

Racing incident

Kunze vs. Heinemann (Lap 5, Turn 1)

This incident looks similar to Heinemann vs. Siggy, but there are several differences.
    - Small mistake from Madsen, smaller than Keithley's mistake.
    - No contact between Madsen and Kunze (higher apex speed)
    - No room between Kunze and the apex (unlike Heinemann, who went for a cutback)
    - Heinemann brakes a car length later than Siggy
    - Heinemann can see Kunze slightly sliding before the apex, and could have backed out.
    5 points – Tim Heinemann
    Tim Heinemann has recieved 20 penalty points and 2 warnings this season. Any further infringement will lead to a race ban.

First of all I can tell you that I am trying to write this as objectiv as possible.
    As you can see in the Video above I was fighting Jack for the 1st place. He braked late and went to the inside so i was trying to do an undercut. In the middle of the corner Kevin Siggy, who braked later than normal, hit my back and turned me around which made me lose 4 positions! It is true that we was slower than normal at the apex but we were in a close fight so this is pretty normal in motorsports. Also Kevin Siggy was able to the very clear what is going on and to anticipate that i'll do a undercut.
    You can see this here: (Please note the speed lost because of the contact between me and Jack which was like 4 kph so not very effective - come back later on that)

A similar accident happened between me and Julian Kunze. He tried to overtake an opponent. But from my perspective it wasn't clear to see what is happening. Both drivers stayed at the inside. You can see it from my cockpit here:
    Also the contact between the opponent and Julian cost him nearly 10kph! Please look closely how the speed drops from one second to the other. So i touched Julians back and made him lose his car. In the next second i tried to touch his left front wheel to stabilize his car that he doesn't spin completely (thank me later).

So that are both accidents from my view.

Now take a look at the objective points / differences
    • I was fighting for the lead / Julian for 3rd place
    • Kevin puts me in a spin which ends close just before the tire barrier in the gravel / Julian just had a power oversteer
    • I lost 4 positions / Julian lost 2

For me the contact with Julian was a racing incident and the contact between Kevin and me should get a penalty - but this is my point of view!

So let's take a look at the official rulebook:

The rulebook says: 16.3.2 Penalty point catalogue A regular penalty is 5 points. In cases where no driver is disadvantaged, but the offending driver still broke the rules, such as (but not limited to) careless driving, contact with no position loss, track limit infringements with no advantage gained, the penalty may be reduced to a warning. In cases such as (but not limited to) disadvantaging a large group of drivers due to contact, first lap incidents, very careless driving, repeated track limit infringements to gain an advantage, the penalty may be increased to 10 points.

So.. I touched Julian and he lost 2 positions yes - to say it objective: it's hard but ok to get a pentaly for that. Like i said for me that was a racing incident which can happen but i can befriend with that.

But can someone please explain me how the contact between Kevin Siggy and me counts as a "racing incident" ?

- His view of the situation was better
    - The position loss was higher
    - The contact was harder

For me his contact should get a 10 point penalty because he was very able to anticipate what is happening.

Even if it's not a 10 point penalty (which i got at Hungaroring for cutting the track (but almost lost the car because of that and not really gained any time)) it is at least equal to the contact between me and Julian. At least!

In my opinion the race commission does not treat me fair. I'm getting higher penaltys in both official series (WTCC and Mercedes) for incidents which are less significant and this is not acceptable. So the officials should take a closer look and that and should rework the race commission.

19. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys yes the stop and go penalty was very strange. A message for Kunze receiving the stop and go came up but crew chief was telling me that i received the penalty. i dont even know why either of us received one in the first place. Just watch my video from 21:20, very bizarre

20. Miguel Meireles

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @PresidentSmug Where's the option to turn ON the crew chief?

It was really bizarre. Something to do with that spin off-track I suppose. Still..it makes no sense.