Fanatec

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Karting06, Jan 16, 2017.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    They were right on time for having a potential customer :D
    In Belgium, you need a licence for flying with a drone... :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I hope it's ok to hijack your thread.
    I've ordered the CSL Elite PS4 base/wheel with LC Pedals and yesterday I've tried to get this setup to run.

I've installed the latest driver and firmware flash for pedals and the wheel. Everything ist okay in Wondows. I could test all buttons, the steering and the pedals. I do not make any settings, left everythng stock.

Now starting race room and after a while the game told me that it has found now hardware and I've entered the procedure to assign the buttons, calibrate the wheel etc.

But now I have one problem: In cars setup I can't change the steering angle. It's greyed out and is called n/a. On the track I have to turn the wheel 180 degrees to get a light corner and sharp corners I have to turn the wheel two times (exaggeratedly expressed)

Could someone please tell me what I've done wrong? I've touched no settings within Raceroom except button assignment for steering, shifting and pedals. :(

4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I got myself the same wheel just days ago.

I had a rough start with strange FFB and steering angles in AC, until I again downlaoded the firmware and renstalled it new.

In RR, the wheel did work out of the box, I had to change nothing in steering wheel angle, just had to reassign the bttons.

I am short in time right now, but this afternoon will check for that value in the menus and see what i have there.

Does your wheel work in other driving games as intended (not talking of the LED things)?

P.S. I have CSP v3 instead of your LC pedals. Have you connected them to the wheelbase, or directly to the PC? I have mine directly linked to the PC. Also, I am on Windows 7.

5. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I've tried only RRRE because it was very late.
    The pedals are plugged into the Computer via USB. It should be better there as Fanatec says.

Hoping to get it sorted out.

6. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    The CSL Elite wheel does Not have Native Support in R3E yet---> This Means you have to use the CSW v2 profile and Re Map the Buttons and Pedals and the wheel should work Normal after that.

i use a V2.5 and Had the same problem--->set on wheel DOR to Aut and Use the Car Steering Gain to set the wheel DOR EX: Gt3 cars i use steering gain 20 <--- This gives 1 to 1 steering input and works well for Most cars --> Audi TT cars i use 25.

you will have to test and see what works best for you. Your wheel soft lock will Not work the wheel will be set at 900<--v2.5 and i believe 1080 CSL Elite wheel--> Dont worry about that you will Not have to turn the wheel beyond a reasonable turning range for any Given car once you set DOR from the Steering gain---> Higher Steering gain #'s speeds up in car Steering -->Lower #'s Slow Steering Down ---> this is why you had to turn the wheel sooo much--->with Stock Settings steering gain is very Low this forces you to turn wheel More.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  7. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    OK, I don't know if I understand correct:
    You mean, at first I have to check if I can use the CSW v2 profile? Where can I do that?

If not I have to make which settings where?

(Sorry)

8. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    In the Controller profile page Select CSW v2 profile --> Then Remap your buttons how you like them. Dont forget to Map the Gas, Brake and Clutch pedal.

Because its a Fanatec CS product R3E should read it as a CSW wheel by default---> But again because there is No Native support for the CSL E wheel so the Auto DOR and Wheel Soft Lock will Not work---> But dont worry about that---> They Did a update for the V2.5 to make Auto DOR work and it Really Screws up the Steering Resolution!!! How ever they have it set it is Condensing/Reducing steering Resolution and all the Cars Become Very Skiddish even in slow turns so your Not missing any thing because auto DOR wont be working --->infact setting DOR through Steering gain Gives Much better and Smoother Steering input.

Edit: Also with the V3 pedals plugged into the wheel base the Pedal Resolution is the same as if the Pedals are Plugged directly into PC---> I believe this will also be the case with the CSL pedals.

Edit: Because R3E already recognizes your wheel its reading it as a V2--->Now you only have to Change the in Car Steering Gain to 20---> you find this setting inside the Garrage under the DOR setting thats greyed out---> 20 works Most Cars Gt3, LMP1/2, all Wtcc ---> Audi TT cars i use 25 --> For Me this privides 1 to 1 steering input and wirks Really Well---> you will have to test to see what steering Gain works best for you Higher Steering Gain Increases Steering input(Faster) Lower Steering Gain Decreases Steering inout(Slower) This is why you had to turn wheel sooo Much because stock settings steering gain is Very Low.

9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Me again.

First, for those who do not know it, the CSL Elite and the CSL Elite for PS4 ARe NOT IDENTICAL. Different gears, different electronics. The PS4 wheel shares its motor with the v2.5, however. Less traction, but more speed, due to different gears.

I did not had to use the 2.5 profile i game menues, my wheel got recongised as Fanatec CSL Elite PS4. At least it now is being isted at that.

In main game menus, make sure the wheel is set to 900 or 1080, whatever yo prefer.

On the wheel menu, make sure that your Sen-Setting matches that of the number you entered in the game menu. SEN should be 90 for 900, or 108 for 1080. Have SPR set to OFF or a low number, 10 I use.

If being in a session and in pits on track, under car setup options there is the wheel section. Three values there, "Lenkwinkel", "Lenkeinschlag" and "FFB Stärke". The entries I have there are N/A, 17, and 1.900. Lenkeinschlag by default is I think 13, you have to manully set it ti a higher nuber, makign the wheel more sensitive. At Macau I may even use 18 - - 519, due to that killer hairpin.

With these settings I have maximum turning of the frontwheels at around 180° steering wheel input, mostly I take corner with 60-100° steering wheel input.

You may waqnt to check your axis values in controller setup, main game menus. Under advanced setup (Erweiterte Einstellungen). you have first three four bars showing you the reaction of your axis, and then a number of values, which for me look like this:
    off - 25 - 101 - 299 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 4 - 75 -50 - 50 - 50 - 1 - 5 - 5 - 0.05s - 97 - 97 - 97 - 3

You can vary many of these values according to your taste, they affect the sensitivity and lnearity of the axis input. Especially yur steering wheel axis needs some attention, I suspect that you have it set to something too soft, vague, wide, whatever you call it.

Try these values for a start and see where it gets you. As I said, I have the same wheel like you, and for me it worked almost out of the box. Even the LED display work all, only that the revlights can get frozen if pushing revs not to the maximum when being in the range of the blue lights.

10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Heard you say select wheel profile before Grimey, but I've never seen one in R3E for any wheel than you select..

11. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    ??? I dont understand ---> Clarify/ Elaborate.

Attached Files:

12. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Ah, ok. Selecting 53 in Sen did the trick. So I can steer the car normally.
    Thanks to everyone. I think, I will leave the other values as they are for now. Or is it definitely everything totally wrong then?
    One thing is curious: on a straight, every straight, when the steering wheel is in the middle Force goes higher and higher and it's really hard to drive this straights. What could that be?

Other than that this device feels very good.

13. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    What setting do you have at 53??? <--- On wheel Sen??? If soo thats waaay tooo Low.

You Need to set on Wheel SEN to Auto and adjust the in Car Steering gain to 20<--- This is what i use but you should test to see what Steering gain feels best to you.

14. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I think I understand nothing what is written here. Sorry.
    Isn't sen the sensitivity of the whell? with 53 it matches perfectly the wheel in car and I don't have to rotate the wheel 2 Times in a light corner.... That was my first problem. Sen 53 has changed it for me. Car Steering can to 20 does nothing in this problem.
    So what is the setting car steering gain for when it doesn't change what I wanted to cahnge and what is wrong in changing wheel menus sensitivity to 530 degrees on a GT Car?

Next problem is what I've written in last post, that the wheel in center is unholdable. It starts flipping on every straight. I can't find any setting what can fix it.

And no, theres no option to find another profile for CSW V2. RaceRoom named it correct, no chance to find other profiles ther.

15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    You drive straight, but the wheel starts to throw around from side to side, stronger and stronger? -> Try the following settings on the on-wheel-menu that you activate by pressing the DEF button on the ehweel and then cacle through via the POV:

SEN 90 (900°, AUTomatic should work, too)
    FF 100
    SHO 100
    ABS OFF
    DRI -1 (or OFF) - very critical setting, maximums can have extreme effects here -
    FOR 100
    SPR OFF (or 10) - very important to have this off or very low -
    DPR I do not recall that one now, 100 or off I think, try it out.

Note that the old CSL Elite and the new CSL Elite PS4 use different scaling for the DRI axis, advice for the CSL Elite can cause havoc for the CSL Elite PS4. Try DRI at off or either -1 or +1 only.

And try to not get frustrated, it is a VERY good wheel. Just needs some tuning.

16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    P.S. You might want to check the FFB monitor in Raceroom (attack keyboard command in menues for it) to see whether your FFB causes clipping. Some minor spoikes above the uopoe rline is okay, constant linear graphs above it are not. I think I set FFB strength to something around 75, or 70, I am not certain - but adjust that not on the wheel, but in the game menues. On-Wheel settings should be left at 100.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Leave On Wheel Sen to AUT ---> your on wheel Sen setting is Too Low thats why the Car is Hard to Drive.

You have to pick a Car Go to a Track Select Practice---> Go into the Garrage ---> Go into Steering Settings to find the Steering Gain<--- This is what you are Not understanding.

The Steering Gain is part of the Car Settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  18. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I can't give you my values.
    I'm not home at the moment...

19. Uff

Uff Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Does any of you drive with CSL pedals separated from the CSL-E PS4 base? I tried to configure them today, but there's no way for the to get the sim to recognize pedals when I press them.

20. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yes, plugged in via USB cable, installed the drivers. Have you made the firmware update for pedals then?