Limited Sale on Oculus Rift --> now unlimited

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by m.bohlken, Jul 10, 2017.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Maybe some are interessted in a VR-Headset and haven't noticed that there is a Sale on the Rift at the moment.

The Offer is limited from today till August 20th and contains the Rift + Touch-Controller and 7 Games. In Germany (maybe Europe) that set comes for 449€

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I ordered it (out of Germany - Slovenia) and all together costed me 460€ + 12€ shipping to Slo. (DHL). They have already sold out all Rifts they had in stock, but they will get them again at the end of next week.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Congrats Matej, enjoy.

Yes this sale is an incredible deal! If anyone was even slightly thinking of checking out VR (especially sim-racers) this is a no brainer.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, can t wait to try it, since I ve already lost my hope to ever play RRRE on (proper set) 3 screens, now I will come back with VR :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I just wonder if this price drop somehow indicates that there is a Oculus Rift "2" around the corner?

6. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Not so soon... At the moment there are no indications for a new Rift-Generation. For sure they are working on it, but I guess it well last about a year till the next generation will be announced.

Oculus is struggeling in market share - At the moment PSVR is in front followed by the Vive and than the rift. More Headsets with similar specifications are about to release which will be in the same Pricerange as the PSVR.
    I guess with that current offer Oculus will just reduce the gap to it's competitors and so push it's own plattform together with facebook spaces...

In addition - it looks like, that oculus will release a full bundel together with the Touch-Controler in one box after that offer. The estimated Pice might be 100bucks above the current offer...

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    The Oculus sales are great at the moment, it's a great effort to hold myself back ordering one, but I think it's best to stick to my DK2 a little bit longer. Around christmas time or early 2018 Acer, Dell and some others will launch their headsets with better specs and prizes, so waiting for them to launch is the best alternative for me...

8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I think it has more to do with competition from other manufacturers.
    http://m.gearbest.com/pc-headset/pp_423476.html

9. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Bought one. Rocks like hell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Good, i just bought it aswell, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. John Wiesenmüller

John Wiesenmüller Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
  12. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
  13. Karist

Karist Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Yes.
    It is.

4K VR sounds great at first, but this site features the Primax 4k as an example of how it's NOT done correctly. First they apparently struggled while setting the headset up using a tool with all its text in Chinese. The installed launcher then scanned for compatible, already installed rift games, most of which are not supported, as this headset does not have any motion controls.

Other than that it does not feature any spacial tracking and just tracks the heads rotation and tilt. While looking at a still image the upscaled content seemed to look quite good and sharp, but as soon as any movement was involved, a lot of tearing and blur ruined every positive aspect that was left after the disappointing software and missing tracking.

"Now the net work not well,please cry again"

14. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Okidoki! Well i don't know... i have read some reviews and most seems more positive than negative. I have no experience myself :)

https://www.google.se/amp/wccftech.com/review/pimax-4k-vr-headset-review/amp/

15. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Me too. :D

16. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    And?

Experiences?

Which game works best on OR?

- PC1
    - AC
    - R3E

???

I have a little stutter trouble in R3E. The other 2 game run fine. Only in PC1 i have problems with the menue.

But so far i can explain my thoughts about my last three evenings with the rift an different games:
    insane

I love it.

17. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Atleast on my system R3E is running pretty smooth with the -vr 2.0 setting and MSAA x4, but deactivating things like FXAA or bloom and light-shafts.
    In addition i'll deactivate Reflections as they don't look good through VR in the current state (low update-rate).

18. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I've looked up a lot of reviews of the Pimax and not all of them are negative. I think it comes down for what you want to use the headset for. For simracers this headset makes no sense in my opinion (without having tested it, but the lack of spacial tracking is a k.o. criterium for me).

I'm looking forward to the Windows 10 headsets from Lenovo, Dell, Acer... but also with this headsets it all stands or fall with the software. I've got a (high) medium spec PC (see signature). I think it will make no sense if there will pop up a manufacturer that offers a headset at the Rift/Vive level but with 4K and there is no kind of ATW. I would have to turn down all the 'eye candy' to a so down level... so the headset specs are just one piece of the puzzle, the software is the other, perhaps more important one.

There are some great announcements like this 'foveated rendering' thing from Nvidia. This would/could boost performance. But is it a thing that a game/sim developer has to implement? Does it work for all headsets? Who uses this technology or will do in the future?

There are so many questions and no (definit) answers.

I think the Rift or Vive is a really good way to go (for simracers) at the moment... and the headsets of the future (and all other that are available at the moment) have to show if they are worth buying.

19. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    There is a lenovo coming.

[​IMG]

20. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    The pimax has ghosting which kills the depth of view for simracing.
    You can't set the focus or ipd correctly which is another issue.
    Otherwise the same headset with oled and a good optic whould have been great.

I had one and a cv1. If you want a vr headset now, go for the cv1, you will have sde in simracing games (not in lucky tale) but you will have a clearer image.
    My 2 cents.