The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Alter Schwede.

(BTW: What a funny phrase for this board)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    This is a pretty good one, Indycar in the rain.
    Understeer, throttle feathering, short shifting, AI behavior, looks...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    looks ugly. But because of the Cars.

Please bring 1998 season incl. tracks.

4. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, TBH, I don't really care for any open wheelers (except karts), let alone Indy, but I posted it mainly for the car behaviour in the rain. It seems SMS is really close to completely nailing this.

5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    btw Crew Chief and other Apps made for project cars 1 work perfectly fine with project cars 2 :) just tested it

Edit: but you can switch between the old pcars1 API and the new pcars2 API, I guess the latter has more features. But to use pcars1 apps you can use pcars1 API.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Here's a video from me in the rain:

when the track starts to get more wet it also gets more difficult to pilot the car. And when you leave the racing line (where is not as much standing water as elsewhere) you can really get in trouble. But when rain just started you don't have to fear it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    is the rain on the windscreen more random than pc1 or does it keep hitting the same spots all the time like pc1?

8. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Enjoyed every minute of this...;)
    Poor spectators though...none of them brought an umbrella :D
    I assume you had rain tires on from the start ?

9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0

umm to be honest I don't look much at the rain on the windscreen while racing so I don't have a clue. But there are many tiny drops so it could possibly be more or less the same spot, but I don't really care because I didn't even notice it. Rain animation is not that high on my priority list for racing sims tbh.

Yes, hardcore racing fans don't take umbrellas to races (to not block the view for others) :-D

and yes I had rain tires from the start but changed to slicks later.

10. SANDER van DORN [GER]

SANDER van DORN [GER] Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    @sbtm First of all great video!! I'm curious what gpu/cpu you are using - is it possible to get some info on this?

Cheers mate

11. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Look realy interessting.

But tbh it smells like magic hand again, if you tending to spin around. I hope i am wrong, but i fear the same poor physics like in PC1.

The damage model is imho poor, too. The touch in corner 1 after the start seems not to affect you very much.

12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    yes it's in my signature and also in the video description :D

CPU i7 6700K
    GPU: KFA² GTX 1080 exoc

Graphic settings are maxed out in the game and I get around 90-110 FPS in normal conditions with AI and 80 FPS in rain/night with many light sources and AI.

13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0

14. SANDER van DORN [GER]

SANDER van DORN [GER] Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    @sbtm Thanks ;)... PC1 had annoying texture/shadow flickering issues - seems like this problem is gone?!:)

15. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Tbh, I don't really follow here.
    The "magic hand" quote makes me think you are using (maybe without realising it) some driving aids.
    I have no "magic hand" in whatever conditions in pCars. Given the right FFB settings, physics feel a bit weak, but not wrong or poor.

That was a rather gentle touch imo. Do that in any other sim (can only speak of the ones I use: R3E, RF2, AMS and AC) and you will not be affected either, like IRL I would say. I also don't know at what value the damage multiplier is set.

16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I think he refers to 19:11 in my video where I catched an upcoming slide/successfully avoided to spin out.
    This wasn't magic at all, unless you want to call my brake/throttle/countersteering skillZ magic ;) The good thing is you feel it coming and not when it is already too late so you can (try to) react. In this case I did the right things to avoid a spin. If that's magic to @Eisprinzessin then ok. When you don't drive for yourself you cannot really judge what's going on there because you don't see what the player did to let this "magic" happen :-D like being passenger in a car. If you don't have control you can go mad sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Project CARS 2 WIP | Audi R8 LMS | Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Like Like x 8
  18. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    If it was that...nothing looks out of the ordinary to me, good driving.
    What does give a strange impression sometimes (for me) is the effect created by some track-ir device ?
    I am on triples and obviously I don't have to look left or right to see my mirrors or what is beside me.

19. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Good coverage. I do hope the R8 LMS drives as good as it looks in this vid. Though it is (one of) my favorite cars, I'rm not really friends with it (nor the mod car) in pCars one. For some reason I can't find the right settings to make it feel like I think it does IRL...

20. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    What is the strange sort of driving line on the surface, at some points it looks like black foot steps, then at other angles it's like groves in the road surface.
    Can see the shadow flicker is still around in the trees.

• Agree Agree x 1