Is the WTCC license the way to go...?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thomas Friedrich, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Please don't get me wrong, I love the WTCC series... live on TV and here within R3E. This just to start off... but I ask myself what kind of future this series got. I saw the last race at the circuit of Autodromo Termas de Rio Hondo... 14, 15 cars on track.... no real overtaking action... (really, don't get me wrong, I love these personalities like Huff, Coronell, Monteiro...) ok, perhaps this is just my sight of view! Just right now the TCR International is my touring cars series of choice. I think (and this is only my personal prediction) this will be the future of touring cars. The races this year were just... thrilling?!...
    So, yeah I read it in a couple of topics, wouldn't it be a great chance for S3 to get this license? I think the costs for licensing will raise the next months, years. Getting this license would be a great step in my opinion, perhaps build up a partnership... both the series and Raceroom could benefit...this is just my naiv, unprofessional thinking, but getting the TCR to Raceroom would just be like coming a dream come true....

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I agree 100%. I'm also a big WTCC fan for many years, but like you said the TCR series has a lot more potential in the future.
    I would love to see the TCR series in R3E.

3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I'm not a huge fan of the TCR concept as you may noticed already, but I still agree. According to the rumours, this could easily be the last/penultimate WTCC season anyway, so we'll see what the future brings. Although the loss(?) of the DTM license makes me a little bit sad.:(

I hope licensing and releasing new content slowed down in R3E recently only because they shifted focus to licensing and creating content for the upcoming GTR3/new engine.:cool:

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    One thing to consider when talking about series licensing is that such deals often cover more than one year or season. Obviously I don't have any insight into S3's/RR's licensing agreements, but it can be difficult to react to new developments on a relatively short notice if you have got an x-years deal with a certain series running which you have to fulfill.

5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, from one side it is completely understandable, if RaceRoom will really go down 'the iRacing route', then ditching complete seasons seems reasonable, but on the other hand this is one of the reasons why I loved the sims from SimBin, because even with Race 07 they balanced the content between official licenses and semi-fictional categories really well and it has been the same with RaceRoom so far. I don't like the whole concept of iRacing to be honest, but don't even get me started on this, it is better for everyone.:D

I just hope if we will ever see GTR3, they will not follow today's trends content-wise and it will feature a few complete series with official licenses too. I'm too old-fashioned.:(

6. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you on the point of 'x-years deals', but not cancelling these deals and additional put in a series like the TCR is possible. A way to go could be licensing a (cheaper?) national series like the ADAC German TCR and if this content is successful you could go into licensing deals like the international series. With the ADAC there where also some deals in the past, so negotiations could be possibly 'easier'. There are a lot of pros for this way, as you have some of the tracks already in the sim and for the future you have also some (most?) of the car models and it's only a matter of liveries. Just my thoughts...