News Porsche is coming to RaceRoom!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    While waiting has been a little frustrating to say the least, it will not change the fact that this is my favorite sim and slowly but surely everyting i want or like in a sim is getting here, both content and features.
    Right now if i want to race in a porsche or an aston, or race at lemans or sebring i have 4 other sims where i can do that, not every sim has every car, track and feature i would like and probobly never will, that is where choice comes in, i decide what i want to race and choose the sim that allows me to do that.
    Simples:sunglasses:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    In the UK we call this a Whinging Bitch..I can get you a great deal on Tampons for it if you like.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Some of the criticism is justified, some is nitpicking, some plain bizarre but full marks must be given for consistency. Think maybe someone's glass is always half empty, which is not a crime, if a bit draining at times, of course S3 could well be using Eisprinzessin as a yardstick, a thermometer of success, a way of keeping ones feet very firmly on the ground.
    The whole point of a forum is for us, to help them, improve, by picking their baby apart. Now this can be done in a friendly, jovial way or Eisprinzessin's Terminator approach, variety is the spice of life, I'm sure there is a cute a cuddly Princess in there somewhere just waiting to burst out! Until then, broken English, a slap across the face and both barrels to the chest!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I think he wants a 997 GT3 R which is the old one. That could replace the Ruf and would fit nicely between the Z4, SLS and so on.
    [​IMG]
    The 991 GT3 R is the new one and races against 650s, M6 and the coming Audi, AMG and etc.
    [​IMG]
    Both would be great, but I think the new one is a bit more probable.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !

Its always the same...if you criticize something people totally like your just the bad guy. And then they began to offend people because they don't know how to handle it.

And then you marked him in your text. Looks like Eisprinzessin is responsible for all your bad emotions. What a hard life...you better grow up and learn to respect other peoples opinion... ;)

Im pretty sure i got dislikes for that text...but...i don't care :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The one they announced is the latest one. This one.

Not sure if we can/should expect the 997, would it be worth the effort? AfaIk so far there are no plans to split the GTR3 class...

7. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    More confusion :D The GT3 CUP has nothing to do with GT3 class;)
    It's called GT3 because the base model is the porsche 991 GT3 roadcar.
    [​IMG]

GT3 Cup is the roadcar converted into a racecar:
    http://www.porsche.com/germany/sportandevents/motorsport/customerracing/racingcars/991-gt3-cup/
    GT3 R is the GT3 class car
    http://www.porsche.com/germany/sportandevents/motorsport/customerracing/racingcars/991-gt3-r/
    GT3 RS is a faster limited version of the GT3 roadcar but remains a roadcar
    http://special.porsche.com/microsite/911-gt3-rs/assets/images/gallery/gallery-thumb-3.jpg
    GT3 RSR is the GTE one. Has nothing to do with the roadcar. It's a racecar build form scratch but has the shape of a 911. I'm not sure but I think's a mid engine car while every other 911 is a rear engine one.
    http://www.porsche.com/germany/sportandevents/motorsport/worksracing/racingcars/991-911-rsr/

All these variants exist based on the old 997 and on the new 991.

• Informative Informative x 3
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  8. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I am also German and I like to nag. Very much, actually! :)
    But when it comes to sim racing I often forget about my "nagging nature" - maybe because it's a hobby.

I am really looking forward to the Porsches in R3E!
    The first thing I will do: I will turn up the volume and just enjoy the sounds - because I already know that they will be fantastic once again. :)
    It doesn't matter when the Porsches will arrive.
    I still have so much to do or discover in all the sims I have that there is no time to nag. :)

@Eisprinzessin : I do understand you but I think you just have to accept the current state of unfulfilled anouncements and let it be. No offence. I know that you are very unsatisfied with the GT3 field because there is no car selector and, as a consequence, no way to get rid off the Camaros and Mustangs if you want to race with modern GT3 cars. But all the nagging doesn't make things go faster or more pleasant to anyone. We must have (some more) patience and trust in Sector 3. And please don't argue that they've already had plenty of time. It's pointless because there is nothing we can do to facilitate their work flow apart from being positive and showing faith.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    = Whinging Bitch+Tampons case closed..:p

Some criticism can be justified, but droning on and on and on about the same thing on many threads over and over again is not..

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Euh...Porsche flat six engine is one of the best sounding engines ever made :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Not bad, but the flat six is sounding better...:cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Speaking of GTE, see first take.:p
    Porsche wipes the floor!

• Like Like x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    The RSR was nasty already, the new exhaust is at another level. Really good indeed.

14. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Remember guys, this isn't a thread about the best sounding car, BUT, no list would be complete without this:

For the announced Porsche, @Anthony Monteil recorded the sounds himself, on location and in person. They are entirely accurate.
    As for the other 8 cars we're going to get, speculation is wide open, could be new, could be classic, could be both.

I'm not really interested in Porsche but, what I am interested in, is how closely Porsche are going to work with S3S. There are some interesting hints in the interview @Paul Jeffrey had with @J-F Chardon , definitely looking forward to hearing more about the collaboration and slightly miffed that they won't tell even us beta testers more about it at the moment. :mad:

Personally, I'd like to see at least one of the classic formula cars from the 60s.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I'm all about new features/improvements first and content second, and until we have all cars updated to the latest physics and proper setup options/tire compounds (formation laps would be good as well) I cant help but feel a bit apprehensive about buying full priced content so I'll probably wait for some sales (I did the same with Assetto Corsa until we got custom championships and improved AI)...

...but... I can't deny that I'm massively excited about having Porches in Raceroom! :D I adore them in Assetto Corsa and the idea of having them with the amazing sound of R3E is mouthwatering. Hope to see some historic ones as well like the 935 added to Group 5 (my favorite race car ever, for nostalgic reasons) and also the 962C.

My main reason for wanting the 962C is because I would love to see group C in Raceroom since I think the category had some of the best sounding engines ever and I would love to see @Anthony Monteil work his magic on these cars :D

The Carrera RSR 3.0 is another one of my favorites but I'm not expecting to see that one in Raceroom unfortunately...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    No Porsche pack can be considered "representative" without the Carrera 911 RSR 3.0 from the 70s. The car is an icon, for a whole era - and I am not even a reral world motor and car fan, and still even me knows that. It does not get any more "typical Porsche" with any Porsche, and does not get any more classical, than this. It's looks are the most typical signature of Porsche car design there ever has been. People say or think Porsche", and what immediately flashes up on their minds, is the looks of this car, whether they know the right name or not.

Its a must, and probably the reason why Kunos brought the Yellowbird into the sim before Porsche. The RUF looked like a Porsche Carrera 911, and that is what made it such a favourite with the fans.

In AC, the 911 RSR 3.0 is fun to drive, challenging, feeling quite "manual", but not as difficult as the Yellowbird. Its like a better behaved brother of the Yellowbird. Its one of my faovurite cars in AC, and I would like to compare it to a Raceroom version to see what S3 makes of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    917k is a must for me. I think it has the best sounding engine ever. That flat-12 is brutal.
    But it needs something to race against. So it will be better to fill the classes like touring classics, gt4, gt3, gt2 and the lmp. Maybe a 356 or sth else would fit with the NSU TT, that would be great. (I would love to see more opponements for that little but lovely car, like an Trabant 601;))
    I dont want the same stuff like in AC, one car in a class - thats stupid, even in R3E we have enough cup classes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    If the Cayman gt4 clubsport come s as an MR car, I'm all for it. Great opponent to the KTM and maybe a gt4 bmw..

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    935/77 (short tail) for Group 5, plz? ktnbye :D

• Like Like x 2
  20. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    I hope S3S will go for the new M4 GT4 witch was tested on the 24h Nords race. Also an Camaro GT4 would be nice. Or ever better the BRZ/GT86 PCars2 has. But I dont know if this is a real GT4, or only made GT4 by SMS.

• Agree Agree x 2