The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I think F2P is more likely to work in genres with bigger mainstream appeal i.e. not sim racing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    The numbers of R3E are pathetic because the basic features of a sim are missing...after years.
    And sorry, it's not WTCC that will bring this game back to life.

Pcars: all the features are there. Plus Nordschleife, Le Mans, Monaco...plus dynamic weather
    AC: all the features are there (ok, the AI is crap). Plus Nordschleife...plus Ferraris, and soon Lambos.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  3. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    well one of the reasons f2p 'works' on the consumer end is a lot of ppl for w/e reason dont mind grinding endlessly to get stuff that others can (& do) purchase at inflated prices.

basically what im saying is, most f2p is crap; most users are probably broke & like grinding or just addicts to a particular game as can happen.

you cant grind in R3E & while initially it seemed to really try to bring in a casual audience i dont think thats really the case anymore. dtm '92 & group 5 arent really sexy cars to a mainstream audience but to a simracing one theyre very much so.

so its not casting nearly as wide a net, which is fine, its a simracer & they have a narrower audience. but f2p is just code for 'bothersome' (as well as overpriced & often underdelivered content) to a lot of ppl who simply want to pay a single price & more or less be content w/ exception of some DLC these days.

yeah you will see ppl putting in 2000 hours in tf2 collecting hats or warframe doing w/e they do but...do any of you know who these ppl are? and have you noticed the ppl who play those games seem to do NOTHING ELSE?? R3E is not going to have that addiction factor, there is no grinding or unlocks which is great.

long way of saying, i agree on ditching F2P, label it a demo w/ the same stuff, give it a new name bc R3E does suck as a name :D, coincide all that with launching some kind of cool new content.

the track list is already great & will get much better w/ spa & laserscanned ring. some really excellent content batches lately, maybe its just the non-generic cockpits but i heavily favor the '92 & gr5 ones myself.

just some ideas, not exactly revolutionary, hopefully even being considered or worked on for the most part, as i said most of the wishes i had a year ago for a redesigning of the business model have pretty much come to be.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Genuine question; what features are there in AC that aren't in R3E?

And yes, there are Lambos and Ferraris, but that means nothing to me when I can't race them against anyone because of the AI.

As far as I can tell, mod support is one of the biggest things behind AC, definitely the biggest differentiator. I could be wrong though, I've hardly touched it since buying it (personal preference; I struggled to get 'into' it).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    AC has a few more features but nothing R3E couldnt implement..(dynamic time of day is presumably a no-go but im ok w/ presets).

i think ACs popularity has to do with those sexy road cars/licenses mentioned + moddability. kunos does a great job as well its a great sim, but its feature list is def not the strong point, i think only R3E trails it in this regard.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    It seems that titles that have more road cars and tracks that NFS style are quite popular.
    Personnally I hope R3E stays clear from this tendency but I don't think it's their vision anyways.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I hope with the onslaught of content coming (new WTCC, Nord, Audi TT, etc) S3S will see some uptick with new racers. I love this game and want to see it grow. As much as I'd like to see it renamed Race15, I'd imagine that would be more of a hassle for S3S than it would be worth. I'd love to see the new stuff come out on sale as well for a couple of weeks or offer a preorder for them at a much lower price. I'm not adverse to preorders and it might help S3S to gauge interest in new content.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    sad

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    This.

Same for PCARS too. Nice visuals + road cars will always tap into the sizeable Forza/Gran Turismo fan base and that's why I believe both PCARS and Assetto Corsa have attracted so much attention from people who are car fans but perhaps aren't into race sims. On the other hand R3E's appeal lies with motorsport fans and afficionados, those (like me) who want to drive full series with proper race cars. That will always be a smaller market.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm with you about the features.
    They really need to focus on implementing these key features missing. (should have been implemented a long time ago)

But do you really mean the AI in Pcars are any better than AC??? :eek::confused: Okay maybe a little, but they still suck!!.. . :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Sector3 should consider running some promotions to get more people playing this game. It's a F2P game so why not run with it? Perhaps once in a while make multiplayer free for a weekend? Race any car on any track for free over a 48hr period.

• Agree Agree x 10
  12. Emerson Meyer

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Of course R3E could implement those features...the question is when????

There was about a year long internal discussion about de pit stops... animated or not animated... DTM 2013 was released without pit stops... we know what happened after that.

Yes, you are right about the moddability. And I feel stupid paying for a track, build by the same person, that is free in AC.

After all, it's my fault. I was not obliged to buy.

But enough is enough. Not a cent more in new content.

I will not pay for a "new" experience, when all the rest is left behind. WTH i'm supposed to do with a car in the category "german nationals"???

DTM 2013/DTM 2014... sorry, but, what is the point? who will buy DTM2013 (I have)
    ADAC GT Masters 2013/2014...more cars in the first one (!!!)

Now what? WTCC 2014??? What about the WTCC 2013?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Some of the categories still have to be fatted. Take a look at what happened to the G5 class for example: started with 2 cars only and now is a very, VERY awesome category.
    ADAC/DTM/WTCC will always update. Maybe the latest versions would look more appealing to the majority but I think that there's a very clear distinction with cars behavior. It's not just a re-livery work. ADAC 2014 are different from ADAC 2013 (handling, brakes and aero are different for example) so there's an option to race them in Leagues and ad-hoc Championships. And why not actually? Tired of aeroforce and un-lockable brakes? Solution can be found in the same category: just a few years before.

• Like Like x 2
  14. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree with this Raceroom racing experience is far too long and
    repetitive even race 07 is a bit meh perhaps tending towards the gtr2 days would be better.
    I dont feel like putting the genre in the name of the game does anything for it at all
    imo I've taken to calling r3e dtm experience irl cause it sounds way less stupid. asseto corca interested me due to its name but project cars didnt. gran turismo is a name that really suits a racing game even if the game isn't as good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Very well said. Let's hope we get core features now, not content (me, as many others I guess, paid forward, hoping we get them eventually). Content is already the best all around, but pCars is a good example of what a complete game looks like, even if it lacks in some departments.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Why didn't they update DTM 2013 with mandatory pit stops that were part of 2013 regulations? I really regret buying DTM 2013/ADAC 2013. But, it's my fault didn't read description careful enough.

I am wondering, if series licensing costs are so high, that S3S simply has no room to hire more engineers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  17. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    no they like to do a thing where they release a feature for just one category to test then release the rest later you will be able to pit in a future version of r3e

18. Emerson Meyer

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know, the cars are exactly the same.

"In order to keep costs down, the spectacular supercars contesting the ADAC GT Masters in 2014 will remain virtually unchanged technically. The FIA, the sport’s ruling body that also governs regulations in the GT3 class and in the ADAC GT Masters has frozen the technology for the coming season at this year’s level. Consequently, participants are spared costly annual technology updates."

19. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    they are not the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    If I remember correctly the ADAC 14 cars have anti lock brakes, the 13 cars don't and the 14 cars have a slightly different aero package? If I'm wrong I apologize but I believe I read that somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 3