Sector3! Make a normal AI!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTDnipro, Mar 10, 2017.

1. morpwr

morpwr Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Guys I had the same complaints not too long ago. Try deleting the adaptive ai file and start over. Something a few updates ago screwed them up and your old settings wont work. Since then they have been very good and I haven't got spun unless I deserved it.

2. neil

neil Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Not had the game that long & i don't use adaptive ai. adaptive ai will not high-lite the issue anyway it's a moot point.

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I have the game since long before adaptive AI showed up, never used it and I have no issues with AI. Not saying they are perfect (nor will rhey ever be in any sim), but good enough to challenge you. I drive in five sims, none of them has "perfect" AI and you need to adapt each time, except for one where AI is almost "non existent".

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    For those of you that don't use Adaptive AI do you find the strength of the AI between different tracks is fairly consistent?

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i find the thing that breaks consistency on tracks isnt the AI ; its me ... some tracks the flow and the lines just come natural and others im shite at and have to put in loads of effort and knock the AI back a bit... 1 or 2 clicks

Andi

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Overall the AI is pretty good, but..... DTM Ai is too agressive. Also at the start of a practice session when you go out on cold tyres, it's so strange to see the AI dive into the corner, hitting you and trying to overtake you as if it was a battle for the victory in the last lap of a very intensive race.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I see much more differences between car classes than between tracks. GTRX is more agressive and fast as hell.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Same here, AI is not consistent between car classes. I have not noticed much difference between tracks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I notice a small difference between classes as well, but don't actually know how much this has to do with the AI, or if it's just myself.
    I can clearly see a pattern, I'm fastest with the slower touring cars, oldies and GT3's, I too have to turn down the AI when racing the modern DTM's or formula cars.
    So I'm starting to think this might be a age sign, my senses getting to slow for the fast classes.. .:eek::confused::oops::(:D

10. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I on the other hand have noticed a big difference between tracks. Slovakiaring and Sachsenring for instance were very problematic across various classes for me. Perhaps because they have more fast turns and turns where my line wasn't exactly like the AI's.

11. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    If that could be the case, I'll shut up... :rolleyes:

12. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Watch the first meeting of the BTCC. (Brands Hatch.)
    No, save some time, just the first race.
    Or, save even more time, just the first 3 seconds should do it!

Race two start was no better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Talking about overtaking and driving close, I'm not the reference to say what is good or not. IMO here the AI should have left me room, not blocking me in the chicane, am I right?

EDIT: I was slowing down a bit + giving room to be gentle and avoid contact. Maybe the mistake... But was also expecting some room. ^^

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  14. neil

neil Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    It shouldn't drive into you like that, in this game you basically have to expect them to not give you any room coming into a corner.

15. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    And that coming from a team mate ... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    It's got to be an almost impossible task to program consistent AI for every track, every fast/slow corners, chicane, etc. - tough job to say the least. The AMS beta forum has a large thread on AI, they can't get it right for every condition. For AC, racing the AI just isn't much fun, yeah they wouldn't have forced you off like your video as for the most part they rarely pass. Many also complain of the erratic AI in pCARS, the list goes on.
    Your example is a tough one, the AI braked earlier but then saw that you left an inside gap. The AI went for it but with this chicane there's really only one path through leaving you no room. The AI is aggressive no doubt, but most games have trouble with AI under various conditions. rF2 has the most "human like" AI from my experience but I can accept the AI in R3E for the most part. What I wish Sector3 could improve on is the crash/rubbing paint physics - the result seems too harsh. In rF2 I can get physical with the opponents and it doesn't always end up in a catastrophic result. My $.02

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  17. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Today I decided to do a race against the AI. Ok, the AI is not trained yet, perhaps my fault, I set it to 105. In Spa it was "almost" fine (got kicked out 3 times by the AI) , then I tried the Nordschleife. The AI is not aware of one driving next to them. Only when you stop on track they see you from hundreds of meters. The behavior is simply annoying, no fun at all :( I know, people pointing at this quite a long time. So its just another video.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    R3E simulates real racing circumstances except the AI, which simulates aggresive, flying-by-night arcade gamers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    When the Audi TT RS came out I had a very good, actually the best experience with the AI. I don't know why but I wasn't aggressive at all. Pperhaps I'm hallucinating, got to test it today again. The other solution is to start online races. I'm a bit bored of doing hotlaping :)

20. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Some classes are better than others, but I mostly have reallly good, close and clean races against the AI.
    Key is to set the right strenght for your skill, and never cut them off!
    They will never give up their line!
    They will however hold their line, and I have raced side by side with AI's for whole laps.

• Informative Informative x 1