Question Data Displays Questions, Suggestions, Issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Christian G, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And just as a heads up, we are aware of some design issues regarding the M235i's display, f.e. that there's no shift lights when disabling the virtual wheel or the missing delta page.
    As it is right now it is an accurate replication, but my personal opinion is that it should have a delta page just like every other car.
    The design team has been made aware of these things and they are working towards a feasible sollution.

Rodent suggested to add an option that locks the virtual wheel in place, so it doesn't turn when you do but still is there so you can see the shift lights and mini display. Would that be a satisfactory sollution for all those driving without the virtual wheel usually?

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    An enhanced minimal HUD would be my preference over locked wheel

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What's wrong with the mini-HUD we got?

I assumed many people who disable the wheel would be purists in the sense that they want as little artificial stuff on the screen as possible, so they disable all HUD elements.

EDIT: Come to think of it, do you mean the 2D HUD version (in the lower right) of the M235's display, not the mini-HUD?

4. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    TBF the locked virtual steering wheel is even more so for the FR 2&3 as well as the FR US than for the BMW as they have their entire dash on the wheel. The discussion just resurfaced with the advent of the 235i.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. sbarro3

sbarro3 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Is it movable in the position? Playing on a 21:9 monitor the HUD is far from the center of view.

6. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I disable virtual wheel cause it disturbs me to see it, particularly cause of the short video delay between my real movements and the virtual wheel ones. But even without this delay I find strange to see 2 wheels.
    Then I disable the bottom/right mini-HUD except for cars like FR3 that doesn't display infos in car. At least I want to see the gear.

It wasn't an issue IMO to drive without seeing shift lights. I find the idea of a locked wheel strange. ^^

7. sbXII

sbXII Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    It isn't. But IMO that would be the best solution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    It would be nice if we could put the mini-hud in the center (or wherever suits the player)

As Christian said I'm one of those who prefers as little 'artificiality' on screen as I can.

I'd love a mini-hud that only displayed the gear I was in and nothing more (at least until I buy a h-shifter). All the rest of the info I can get from the dashboard computer or gauges.

9. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    The DDU delta display page is buggy. This happens in the leaderboard challenge.

In the BMW 235i it works for a while then starts displaying this....

[​IMG]

or this....

[​IMG]

In the EVO II and the BMW E90 the delta starts with nearly 7 1/2 minutes in the bank. Both of these pictures taken just after crossing the start line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Looks like all of these were taken on the Nordschleife?
    If so: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...ns-suggestions-issues.8198/page-5#post-123588

11. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Ah thanks, sorry for the duplicate!

12. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Quick update - it's happening at every track (probably). Certainly at Norisring, Zandvoort, Nordschleife, Knutstorp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea. noticed it too in the meantime...Not even sure what these refer to, looks a bit like the system thinks the ghost is one lap ahead or sth like that.
    Will give it a mention, thanks for the report.

14. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I finally found this thread again.
    I think that there is a problem with the live display on the car itself in GTO (the Audi quattro, in the Anderstorp competition).
    At default setting, (were you are really far away), you can't see anything! (okay, I have myopia but I use glasses for simracing :p)
    When you "zoom in", you see it a bit better, but I still think that it's not really normal?

Attached Files:

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, it's similar to the KTM X-Bow display. I asked about these and they checked them and they are in fact to scale.
    Effectively that means they can't make the 3D model on the dash bigger, cause then it would look totally artificial and just off.
    So what you mentioned is probably the only sollution for now, move the seat closer. Other than that, use the HUD version, that one is ok for the Stack displays.

• Informative Informative x 1