The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Yep found the same thing as well. Overall if you don't do something really stupid, cars are well planted down and very difficult to spin or lose control.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Same for me. But pCars still stutters for me no matter how high fps I get... Unplayable here. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Maybe that's just me, but MB 190E is OK. I struggle to finish 170km race without crashing or overreving the engine. But GT class... maybe they drive that way in real life? No idea, very easy.

4. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Every car is "easy", in any sim, at least for me, until the moment I realize my pace is 5-6 off from the aliens.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Look how many professional gt3 drivers crashed at Nürburgring 24h race... Sure that were very specific circumstances but those cars can't be that easy.
    I think gt-cars really have a lot of grip but if you're one step over the edge you throw your car away.

• Like Like x 1
  6. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    This thread is starting to feel like it doesn't belong here at all :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    After spending a few more hours in the game i feel i have a better feel and can comment on this thread.

The good : Lots of tracks with different layout, Open wheeler , Visuals/weather, plays well with a controller ( couch gaming is fun once in a while )better than Grid autosport, I enjoy the career with random events/weather.

The Bad : Some cars(not all) feel god awful, the whole experience gets boring really fast, Setting the force feedback is a mess, Too many "WTF" moments with how the cars reacts/physic.

Bottom line is my expectation were a Shift or Grid autosport and its better than those title.
    I am glad that there is a high probability that this game will bring the attention of the console players to the more "sim" part of a racing experience. Peoples who find themselves enjoying this game might be interested in getting more realism, It could possibly bring a whole new audience to R3e or Ac... who knows.

Not great, But not that bad either.
    One of my buddy who can only race with a gamepad for now because of a leg handicap is enjoying it quite a lot.
    My mother always told me to approach everything in life with a more positive mindset. I think there is some positives with the game. I welcome it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  8. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    You guys have the only forum in sim racing were we can talk without 12 year old fan boys putting each other down. we can literally disagree on things without the thread turning into a cesspool. so take the fact that people are discussing anything to do with sim racing here as a complement. and you can also be sure of one thing everyone on ether side of the project cars (love/hate) spectrum here likes raceroom to some degree or they wouldn't be on your forum.;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    This is the reason why I posted my question here, and not in pCars forum. There are some great people there too, but this place felt better for question I had.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    You are right. I am glad our hobby has matured to that level. Of course the age of peoples doing sim racing(or gaming in general) is now older.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    You could always join RoninGT (linked in my sig), we have a sign up age limit and discuss any game you like. Not advertising or anything, just saying.

12. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Do we get a free set of steak knives?

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    No... but you'd get a nice warm welcome :D

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
  15. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Ive seen plenty of 30 year old twelve year olds. if you get my jist

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    yeah ... I am a little young at heart too.
    We like to joke that my nephew is older than me.
    Most of the time i feel like i am 12 mentally :D , don't know how many time the wife told me. hehe

• Like Like x 1
  17. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    You get them pretty much everywhere you go lol, not so much at RoninGT though, quite a level headed, racing savvy bunch. It's the one thing we stress above all else, clean racing, we have a HDC (Honourable Drivers Code) which we all adhere to, I've removed people from the forum for breaching it in the past (repeat offenders).
    The offer is open though, I'm not trying to force anything, just a good bunch of lads, big thing at the moment is pCars mostly on the PS4 though, we still have plenty of guys running events for GT6 too. @machwebb, @Dgr and myself are R3E though, could do with a few more R3E guys, especially when the dedicated servers are released. :)

18. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I've signed up over there. I'm a 41 year old 41 year old.

19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    So you have, it appears someone approved you before I got the chance. Good to have you none the less :)

20. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thank you sir. I now wish I hadn't sold my PS3 and GT to get my wheel haha.