Please add more sound effects.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maxel, Feb 2, 2015.

1. r-r-public

r-r-public Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply, Anthony.

In my case. The gameplay fun factor is already at a solid 100 %. Everything you and other devs add makes it even better.

It's really great to hear directly from the source what is going to be implemented in the future. A nice feeling to know there is no stop in making R3E better and better or even more realistic in every part of it.

Best regards
    Robert

2. RNTK

RNTK New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I've also noticed some sound mods in AC creating intake sound from the on coming car and rear exhaust sound when car passes. Pcars also uses these distinctions in sound as well. . This dynamic adds realism and I expect is being considered for R3E ?

go to 57 sec for example.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Very cool feature! I'd like to have this implementet not only in replays but also while driving.
    I can imagine it will sound great when a car is overtaking.

4. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    R3E is using a different technology but for a similar result. We're using real time filters that modify the sound from the listener point of view, with the exhaust position as a reference, so the passing by car sounds darker in front/side and sharper in the back/side, depending on where the exhaust sits. The same happens in cockpkit view.
    So, no specific samples for front and back, only dynamic filtering of both internal and external car sounds, which is, in my opinion, more realistic.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Sorry i have to say AC sound is very digital.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. RNTK

RNTK New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    true, but I was using video as a reference.

7. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Anthony for the preview on the drivetrain elasticity simulation.
    Already sounds pretty good, can't wait for this to be implementet in the game :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. tepoea

tepoea New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi antony,
    i'am new member on R3E forum, i'am come from Assetto corsa community game..
    downloading R3E slowly due to my 60kb/s connection (french polynesia).
    Always, on AC sound forum waiting for better sound what for me, most important part of immerssive sensation far before physics and graphism....so fed up to wait after too long delays and nothing better after every update even if we have good sound modder we are really far of R3E sound. But sure you know that better me. Kunos have other priority.
    I follow your progress in this sound sector game and as the other i want to say I really appreciate that you made it possible to talk directly.
    So your WIP drivetrain elasticity (wooble) is really future of racing game and you seem well to master him even if you nedd to realise more test you look good sure it's incredible better than iracing and project cars for me .....i like already your actual sound engine but i'am waiting for that sure change everything it's really good.

thx for all your good sound work and because you increase pleasure and immerssion in game
    more later

9. janni

janni Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else prefer the stereo sound over the 7.1 surround option (which sounds much "thiner" to my ears)?

Or do i have a messed up setup? I'm currently using Astro A50 surround headphones powered by a Xonar DX (connected via SPDIF, set to 8 channels, dolby digital live).

10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure if you messed up your setup but I can tell you. That with Dolby enabled on my pc and pass-through on my Turtle Beach Px5, This game sound like heaven.
    It also does damn fine job with stereo on my Audioengine A5+N speakers, but I still prefer 7.1 enabled with the headset.

Sound if the most important part of anything to me. I choose my computer motherboard base on the sound output capability :p

*I should probably add to my signature [ Sound FREAK ]

And @Anthony Monteil ... Thank you thank you thank you, Merci merci merci , for your awesome work.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  11. janni

janni Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your answer (will "fiddle around" with the Xonar settings).

Edit: Figured it out! Got PCM signal over SPDIF (which is stereo, which means i'm a surround noob).

Cranked the volume a bit up and 7.1 sound is now awesome. Looked serveral times out of my (Real) window to the left, when some guy at the top of the hill in bathurst whistled at me :p

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  12. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I still do not understand the sound Unlike cars, only with vision car sound is diferent, I want the same sound mod nose pivot, we can change the file personally