Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    The possibility to save a variation of an existing user created controller profile without the detour of using presets would be very convenient.

2. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    like spectator once the race is over is not possible to watch others racers you must to watch your own car controlled by the AI several minutes o_O and if you go to garage before the timelimit expires (usually to make combistuble adjustments) you can not read the general chat again until the session ends, again several minutes watching a static screen.. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hello raceroom. Do you plan to support the fanatec direct drive wheel when it comes out?

• Like Like x 1
  4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I really would appreciate if the Limiter Indicator is displayed at any time (via overlay) regardless what your cockpit/POV settings (animated wheel or not - M235i for example) are....

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    It has probably been suggested already (this is a big thread), but even so I think it would be great that when you choose a car and a track, your best laptime for that combo (regardless of the mode where you got that lap time) should appear immediately somewhere on the screen.

At least as far as I know all our best laptimes outside leaderboard entries are simply lost in oblivion... or is there somewhere I can access them?

6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    you can find that info in your ingame-profile. Just go to the "Advanced Statistics" and select the Car/Track-Combo in the Drop-Down-Fields...

But yeah - having such an info more, accessable after starting a session for example, would be nice...

• Informative Informative x 4
  7. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! :)
    I keep forgetting about the statistics in the profile...

But my suggestion still stands that this information should be shown to you somewhere on the screen as soon as you select a car and track combo, or at least after starting a session, like you said.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    But those statistics are so annoying to use...
    The list is becoming way too long

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    It would be nice to see your fastest times for practice, qualifying and race listed with session info at the track.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Gauges for throttle and brakes would be a nice addition :)...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Online, the ability to filter out the free servers the same we can private.

12. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I would really like to be able set some variation to AI difficulty. Now you can either set a fixed difficulty, or adaptive ai, and be at the mercy of the adaptive AI algorithm.
    I would really like to be able to set another attribute, variation.
    I.e. when you set the difficulty to 105 and variation 5 you would ge random difficulty between 100 and 110.
    You can do this manually with single race, but there really isn't a way to do something like this with custom championships.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    - Random pit box allocation in single player races (rather than being placed nearest the pit exit every time).

- More dynamic AI activity during practice and qualifying sessions. At present, all AI vehicles leave the pits at the start of the session and remain on track until the end of the session. There's no pit activity during practice/qualifying sessions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I don't agree with the end. AI pit in really long practice session (when they are out of fuel, I suppose).

15. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    If I run a 30 minute qualifying session, all AI cars stay out on track for the duration. That must mean they are qualifying on a heavy fuel load.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Really?
    How?

17. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I should have been more clear :D
    I meant, 100% manually. That is, you set the value yourself, before every race, most likely by using some random generator, i.e. https://www.random.org/ ;)

Also, why we're on it, the ability to change the difficulty in an ongoing custom championship would be nice.

18. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    When in multiclass race or qually is it possible to have your times showing relative to other classes rather than just your own car class, if not could it be implemented.

19. Tulpeborn

Tulpeborn Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Here is an idea for the competitions in the next patch:

As the "aliens" never share their setups: The winner of a competition can only collect the price of a competition AFTER he shared the setup of his car publicly....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Even if he did thouhg, there is nothing that says that you would be faster with that set up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1