Gametrix KW-908 JetSeat TurboJet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tarik Userli, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, get a massage at the same time! Be intrigued to know what they're like when released. Had a similar idea myself but using compressed air in bags at the side to simulate G-forces.
    Guessing the more popular Sim racing gets the more ingenious the ideas become to add immersion and effects. Loving the interest in Sim racing at the moment, big companies getting in on the act, throwing big money around, all help to promote and expand, what has always been a rather niche market. Evolution baby!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Looks interesting i must say, has anyone in here tested something like this already?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    It looks cool.
    But not sure if it could bring a lot for simracing. I mean that won't simulate the effect of losing the rear of the car?

5. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    It's using vibration motors, so what can it do but vibrate eight different parts of your back and your behind.
    The g-forces, the motors in game-pads can hint at, get lost by the motors not being floating, loosly held (more or less).
    I don't think this will be enhancing one's experience of a racing game.
    But, along with GooseCreature, I appreciate the attention racing sims are getting now.

6. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    I have it in use since summer and I really love it!
    Be aware you need the additional Simshaker Wheels Software for approx 30 EUR.
    The app reads directly the API data from RR, PCARS, AC, rf2, ... and uses the 8 vibration motors arrordingly to car telemetry.

Especially with VR its a huge step towards immersion.

The only thing is that my back gets quite sweaty on this plastic material.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    It should be mentioned that the Simshaker Wheels Software can also be used with bass shakes which are a nice addition to the Jetseat. So you can use this software with the Jetseat alone or only with bass shakers or with Jetseat and bass shakers together. It is far cheaper than Simvibe.

This can be an issue. I am using a beaded seat cover like this one: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/fRYAAOSwtGlZDI2F/s-l1600.jpg when i am not driving.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Got my Jetseat delivered today, and after first impression with Raceroom and Dirt Rally I really like it! :)

Easy to set up, you just put it on your seat, plug it to the pc by a USB jack, and run it with a softwere Andre sells for about $30.
    Most current sims / racing games are supported, and the seat gives you tactile vibrations from 8 moters, (4 on the seat and 4 on your back) based on telemetery sent from the game. When you accelerate it rumbles on your back, under heavy braking it rumbles under your thighs, and when you turn, it rumbles on the oposite side. Bumps and curbs also gives a rumble effect based on where you hit the bump or curb, as well as engine beat, gear shifts, wheel slip and crashes. (All effects can be turned on or off / changed after your liking in the software).
    It's also pretty comfy, I'm using a camping chair to my setup, so my seat is softer now than before.

A much cheaper and easier way than hooking up buttkickers all over the rig!
    I can't really compare to buttkickers cause I have never tried them, but I must say that it's more power to those engines than I thought it would be.
    Dirt Rally gave me quite a masage earlier! :D

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    nice, thx for Feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  10. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, not easy to find reviews on it, at least not in english..
    Would have been nice to see a vid where someone compare it to a rig full of buttkickers.
    But really glad I bought it! Feels like a priceworthy upgrade to the rig if you don't have the funds to go mental. :)

11. Iggy_82

Iggy_82 Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    It should have holes over your shoulders if you use seatbelts. When I raced on a screen my seatbelt was just a fun thing but with VR it feels really odd without seatbelt.

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    i think I'm gonna try this as well :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    (pre)Ordered now

• Like Like x 1
  14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Just thought I do an update here, now when I have tuned the effects a bit and gotten more used to my Jetseat.

One thing have started to happen almost every time I'm driving in VR nowdays. I'm finding myselfe feeling that I haven't got any seatbelts on me when I'm whizzing by a fast and dangerous section of a track, and for a brief second I get a could sweat and chills running down my spine, thinking "Shit, I forgot to put on my seat belts!!" :eek::fearscream::dizzy::innocent:
    In the same secound I remember and remind myselfe I'm sitting in my wardrobe with a box on my face, and that I don't really need a seat belt.. . :flushed::blush: Then start to laugh for myselfe.. . :tearsofjoy::hearteyes::kissingheart:

Can only imangine how awesome it would be to add a motion platform in addition to this!!:tonguewink::D[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    The jetseat finally arrived after waiting for 2 months.

Ok first drive it was constantly shaking but after fiddling with some options in "sim shaker wheels" software, it's very good now.
    At first it feels a bit weird but after driving an hour or so I stopped thinking about sitting on the jetseat and it just felt very natural and immersive (driving also in VR).
    It fits perfectly into the illusion... and after my races and when I closed raceroom in was like "oh... yeah... I was sitting on the Jetseat, I completely forgot about it"

I've got Gain reduced to 30%, so very much headroom available.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tony Sousa

Tony Sousa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi. I have simvibe software. Someone here knows if the jetseat kw 901 is compatible with simvibe software?

17. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1