G27 vs T300

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by heppsan, Nov 4, 2017.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Careful with the RJ 12 Adapter Hepp, I once used it to combine my former T3PAs with my former DFGT and it didn't work well - had ongoing Calibration issues, except for you're using it in combination with another Thrustmaster product...
    BTW it were the T3PA Pro I recommended....

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this one i have. Absolutely ok.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    That box that is shown there is for the Logitech-Shifter.
    But yeah - Leo Bodnar has that for the Pedals, too.

5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Personally Fanatec all day long, had a g25\csr\csrelite\t500 Fanatec v2 with the formula rim stomps all over them paired with standard Elite pedals you cant go wrong.
    I made the adaptor to connect my old G25 pedals to a CSR base, dead easy if you have use of a soldering iron, i still have it if you want it, you can butcher it and do what you want with it, female 9 pin one end str8 into your pedals and then you fit the appropriate plug the other end.
    Like i said your welcome to it to do as you wish with. Pretty sure you just replace one end with the correctly wired rj12 plug.

6. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Whoops, got both, looks similar, point is they work fine and the best way to go, if you get a wheel adaptor then change wheels then you have to get another, straight to USB is the way! If you don't fancy DIY that is, as free is always best!

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I guess that could be a problem with the resolution of the Pedals. Thrustmaster is working with 10bit resolution for the pedals - Logitech only with 8bit. Works great when combing logitech-pedals to a thrustmaster-base but bad when connecting thrustmaster-pedals to a logitech-base...

8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the offer! :)
    Will see what pedals I will prefer, and if I will need an adaptor.

9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Heppsan, if you are still undecided:

replace pedals first, they make a bigger difference for your driving than replacing the wheel. Especially pedals with good brake pedals. I use CSP v3, and I recommend these for the stiffer loadcell setup on the brake. It makes the biggest difference for all upograding you can do on pedals/wheels.

Wheel goes second. Fanatec Elite CSL PS4, all the way over T300.

I had G27 and pedals. I now have CSP3 and CSL Elite PS4. Two worlds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I'm following this interesting discussion for a while now and have a question somebody might be able to answer.

What about fan noise on the different wheels/wheelbases from TM and/or Fanatec? I'm mostly interested in the TS-PC Racer and the 2 recent wheelbases from Fanatec.

I own a T500 for quite while now and I like it a lot. The only thing that bugs me is the fan noise. I already got the fan upgrade that you could order from TM that was built in newer T500 wheels by default. Fan noise got considerably better with it but I still find it quite annoying. Before the T500 I had a G25 and it had no fan at all. I just can't get used to it after years already... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I have the earlier version of the CSL Elite. Even on the hottest days here in Oz I can hardly hear the fan.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Dirk Bachmann

Dirk Bachmann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Ive sold my Fanatec Porsche Wheel.
    Quality wasn´t as good as expected.Belt Drive System +Fan inside can´t convince me.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  13. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I thought my wheel made more of a difference...that was for me though, even though I went pedals first. I had my braking down really well with the g27 pedals though.

Don't get me wrong, my CSP v3 pedals are awesome, it just didn't help my driving that much. I do still highly recommend them.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    No sure yet, but I'm not really bothered by the G27 pedals.
    Not the fastest guy around, but I feel confident with my pedals, and I'm very consistent.

You that have an issue with fan noise, are you racing with speakers or headphones?
    I could get shot without hearing it when I race with my rift.. :eek::fearscream::astonished:;)

15. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Agree I was consistent with my g27s!

I do love the vibration I get with the CSP to know wheel spin or lock!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Mostly with speakers. ;)

Although the sound of my headphones is superior compared to the speakers and additionally can be turned up as much as I like without bothering my neighbours, I tend to sweat under the headphones and my ears hurt on my glasses frame after some time. So I use the headphones for rather short periods of time.

17. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Contact lenses and a fan! ;)
    Have not even heard my TX300 fan come on yet in 18 months solid, daily use.

18. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    never heard a noise from my t300.

19. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    After more reading and watching videos it leans more and more against a T300.
    I find the button layouts on the Thrustmaster wheels to look better on humane prised rims. And especially think the 599XX Evo 30 looks really good and comfy!
    [​IMG]

Fanatec have some really nice ones, but in the range of 300 to 500 for just a rim, that's a bit much for my wallet..
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't like the buttons on the fanatec ones in the same range of Thrustmaster rims.
    [​IMG]

Though, I do consider getting a set of CSL Elite pedals with a load cell at some point.
    Let's see what the black friday brings! :)

20. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The buttons can be replaced on the CSL Elite rims, just pick them out and plug the replacement in. I seem to recall that after the PS4 set was released, this was added to the XBox rim as well later on. Its to get rid of the PS- and XBox-typical symbols and have more neutral or technical symbols.

See the photo of his customization that Alex set up here:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...l-available-for-ps4-finally.8189/#post-133199

There are also pure number keys included for use.