Released November 2017 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I am still waiting, too.
    I haven't touched R3E for months, AI selector and offline multiclass would bring me back but in the moment there is nothing else that would make me keep playing.
    The November Update sound quite good but it's nothing groundbreaking.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Going from 32 to 64 Bit is groundbreaking and allows several follow-on developments that without it would be difficult or impossible to achieve. Its just not shiny firework effect that ring loud in the ear, but is a massive boost, hidden in the darkness under the hood. ;) Think of it as exchanging the engine of a car. We will see the effects in the future, and maybe some even immediately. If a game or sim can use more RAM, I would definitely expect to see improvements from this fact alone, sooner or later.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Okay, sounds promising. Thanks for pointing this out :)

4. Balruck

Balruck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    8 cores are used ?
    because today it's simply 4cores and bad performance in race for me ... i cant do esport with poor optimisation

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I have been a fan of RaceRoom now for 2+ years, I choose RaceRoom over iRacing, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars because I feel it has a great mix of cars and game feedback. When Project Cars 2 came out I made the purchase for its inclusion of the Huracan GT3. If RaceRoom could bring this vehicle to the team I can finally call it home.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I have been sim racing for 6 + years mainly with iRacing but since VR support in R3E I haven't left and happily call Raceroom HOME!

Thanks sector 3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Just wait when the new gfx engine with DX 11 or higher comes marching in in two years or whenever it will be! ;) DX11 + 64 Bit means it will be a new game, practically. Today we get a new motor. Tomorrow we will get a new chassis and paint. Is it even the same car then just because we drive it on the same roads and use the old tyres? LOL

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    In two years we should get at least DX12 :D

Can we still expect the patch for 14th of November (tomorrow)?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    no. @J-F Chardon said they're targeting for the 21st nov.

10. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    To all those that disagreed with my post, perhaps you’re misunderstanding what I meant (or I simply explain myself well enough).

I'm not saying to delay the cars now. We've waited long enough, I'll gladly take them all. Livery delays aside, it would be a helluva coincidence for all 3 to happen to be finished together - I’m saying that it’s a pretty good guess some of these cars have been ready, but were held back so that they could be released at once. I can see the argument for wanting to release a pack and/or the new physics being implemented, but that happens often enough that it’s not like the game has been unplayable up until this point due to physics. All I'm saying is that I personally would have preferred to get 1 of these cars 4 months ago, then another 2 months back and then the last one now (as an example) so I could really have some time with each.

Anyways...in regards to the 32 vs 64 bit upgrade, can someone elaborate on the difference (if any) that your version of Windows could have either a positive or negative impact on this element? I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, but wondering if there are benefits to be had with Windows 10.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

Do not worry about the people who do not like your post, apparently they can not read between the lines;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Not sure, maybe they just disagreed about that topic. I didn't click but actually prefer bulk release, better to do balance etc. They could have communicated that they bundle things earlier (though I didn't pay attention).

13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I dont think anyone misunderstood what your point was :) It's a perfectly fine point, and ideally, what you described is how the release would work.

Unfortunately, development isnt quite that simple.

As I tried to explain previously, albeit in very few words, was that the cars you wanted to release individually as they become finished... werent finished. To try to explain in a bit more detail... The devs have a lot going on. A lot of things they are working on, a lot of things they want to improve, a lot of bugs to fix, a list of priorities, and then whatever the publisher wants them to work on. All of those combined meant that the devs likely couldnt work on all these new cars as soon as they may have liked, or as soon as all of us would have liked.

So, with other work being done, the devs already knew that a big GT3 class update was in the pipeline. So you may see it as coincidence that all of the new cars are suddenly being worked on, but from a development point of view, it makes sense to work on this stuff together before a major overhaul. Then when the car models are finished and the physics are near completion, the approval process from the manufacturers could delay things further still. So, the point is, if these cars were worked on, completed, and approved months ago, they would have been released. :)

The upgrade to 64 bit is only affected by whether your OS is 64 bit or not. What version of Windows you are running has no bearing. Meaning, using Windows 7, 8 10, or even Vista has no bearing.

If your OS is 64 bit, then this means your system can utilize more than 4 GB of RAM. Since the game will now be 64 bit, this means that the game can also utilize more than 4GB of RAM.

Previously, the game was limited to <4GB of RAM even if your OS was 64 bit.

On a personal note, Im on Windows 10 now, but feel W7 is superior in nearly every way. I wouldnt upgrade unless you find it necessary because a piece of software doesnt work on older versions of Windows. RR for instance, will continue to work on all the OS' listed above.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Dunno, I enjoy using Windows 10 much more than Windows 7. Yeah, performance is a bit worse, some design choices seem a bit weird (I hate that they replaced Control Panel with Settings in Win+X menu) but overall experience is better.

Maybe you need to get used to it ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I would say performance issues, design choices.... driver support, forced system updates that break far more than should be acceptable, among other things which this thread isnt really about, certainly dont make the experience 'better' :p

It's not so much about getting used to it, since I have been using it for a year now. It's not a bad OS, just that W7 is superior in my opinion. I will say the only thing i find better about W10 is that it boots up nearly instantly. Seriously, it starts up so fast lol

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  16. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the clarification nate. I dislike all versions of Windows equally (prefer OSX) and my PC is used solely for sim racing, so I'll stick with Win7/64 since I can take full advantage. This update should come just in time for my new custom wheel!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    OT: Use this tool to add a custom win+x group with your preferred shortcuts. You can add other CP legacy stuff like "Programs and Features".

18. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    looking forward installing the update :)
    for me OS is a matter of task
    W7 or W10 not that big of a difference any more and no DX12 in W7 so better have multiboot
    osx for work ? sure ! for gaming ? no thanks lol

19. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Really hope to see this update today, i've actually been waiting for it :)

20. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Nope, not today, give us some more time, please.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1