G27 vs T300

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by heppsan, Nov 4, 2017.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I know, but I prefer the wheels having the button box placed outside of the actual rim, and don't like the typical A,X,Y,B controller button placement on those cheaper Fanatec wheels.

I would have liked to see the Fanatec's D-pad / button on the Thrustmaster wheel as well though. That is much nicer!
    Not to keen of the D-pad on the Thrustmaster 599 wheel..

Edit: Thrustmaster do have the Sparco wheels that looks nice though, with a D-button instead of the D-pad.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    And you can get a cheap adapter and mount any wheel you like on the T300.

I got the CSL Elite LC pedals - well worth the money.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    @heppsan
    did you already make your choice?
    Fanatec's offer of today
    [​IMG]

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Not for today but for Black Friday... It's a good deal for sure, but it is the older CSL-Version that is weaker than the CSL elite PS4. In addtion the rim is just plastic...

5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Seen that, and a good deal.
    But a load cell + shipping would probably set me back another 200 euro.. And as an oldie (fan), I must have a clutch! :)

6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Wrongly expressed by me, you are right, exposed today I meant.:oops:

@heppsan, it's okay, just wanted to give information.;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Appreciate all you guys inputs, so just keep em coming! :kissingheart:

8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Thought I do an update on my finds.
    Have done some shopping today, and ended up spending a whole lot more than I first intended.. . :eek:
    I went for the Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari 599XX Evo Alcantara Edition, and also 2x TH8A Shifters. :D
    Finished of just now with placig an order of the Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals.:)

Don't know how fast Fanatec standard shipping is?
    Hopefully I will recieve them in the end of next week.

For my first impression of the other products:
    Really sattisfied with the T300, faster, stronger and more precise than my G27, and beyond that it's so much smoother and quieter!
    Yes, the fan does sound a bit, but that is only noteceble before I put on my CV1 and start racing.
    Have only tried Dirt Rally so far, fewer control bindings to consider.
    But I can say, I had a hard time getting a good FFB setting in Dirt with my G27, always felt to weak..:(
    But with the T300 it's awesome out of the box, actually had to turn down the FFB strenght quite a bit, because it was to strong! :kissingheart:

Already love the Alcantara rim!!
    It's beutifull, firm and soft at the same time, and feels really nice! :hearteyes:

The TH8A shifter is a step up from the G27 shifter, and feels really nice. Will still use the G27 shifter as a sequential shifter, and use one of the TH8A as an analog hand brake. :)

The T3PA is a mixed bag.
    One thing that are really good with them is that the pedal faces can be customised! I have moved the brake and throttle closer together which makes heal toe driving a lot easier. Also altered the throttle a bit further away than the brake and clutch not to over blip the throttle when heal toing.
    The rubber cone brake mod is actually quite good, makes the impression of a load cell system, but the throw / progression is a bit short on it, once you reach the cone it comes to a complete stop a bit to fast. (But a big step ahead of the G27)

My gripes with them is that the pedal faces are smaller than the ones on the G27 pedals. The throttle and clutch feels a bit to weak. (Probably not weaker than the G27 pedals, but this feeling might have something to do with the recistense you get on the brake, with the cone mod)
    And lastly that almost everything on them beside from the pedal faces and the springs are made in plastic.. Making them feel pretty low quality / cheap.
    The pedals of the G27 felt more stable.

Will update again when I get the CSL Elite LC pedals.:)

9. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    You're going for the exact same setup as me!

The CSL Elite loadcell pedals took three days to arrive to Norway, wouldn't expect little brother Sweden to be much slower...

The pedals are an amazing upgrade from the T3PA. I knew I was in for an upgrade going from pot brake to loadcell, but it's even better than I hoped. It's so much more satisfying to race with that I'm laughing my way all around the Ring in the 240 all day long.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  10. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    yeah t300 wheel is so good for the price.

Wear gloves to help the wheel rim stay fresh :) I cut out the fingers to type.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Just got the F599 whee add-onl, that plus updating the t300 to latest firmware etc. feels a good deal better than stock.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  12. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have asked for the exactly the same set up for Christmas... Hopefully utilising some deals that are about at the minute for the T300!

T300 with 599XX alcantara with the Fanatec Elite LC pedals... Really hope I am lucky!! I had asked on a separate thread about the pedals and was warned that you can bust the loadcell off the back if you apply too much force as there is no mechanical stop so will be careful of this... Just wanted to make you aware if you aren't already! :) ENJOY!! I can't wait to potentiall upgrade my G29 set up!!

13. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm really pleased with the T300 and the 599 wheel!
    Got a mail from UPS that the pedals will be delivered on thursday. :D

Yeah thanks, I've heard about the brake. But I don't have a racing seat connected to my rig, I only have a camping chair. So if I put to much pressure down I will just push myself backwards. :)

14. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Ah handy... I do, but I'm hoping to not power it through the wall!!! I find it hard to believe that I might be able to out 90kgs through it though! That would be more than 10kgs than I weigh!

Glad you are happy with the T300... Just hope my wife can see the atraction

You will have to let me know what parts you use for your load cell (the little black rings) Can't remember what they are called... Would be interested to hear

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nessa Revane

Nessa Revane Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    You mean maybe the Elastomeres?

With different hardness to change pressure from 6-8kg up to max 90-95kg, depends in wich combinations you use it?

16. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Yep they are what I meant! It will be interesting to hear what the OP chooses

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Same here. :)
    Will let you know when I know more.

18. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
  19. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Got the CSL Eltie pedals mounted today, and have tried different mix and matching with the elastomeres.
    To my liking I think having all set to 65 feels the best.
    Having harder elastomeres installed make the brake to hard a bit to fast / smaller travel.

Haven't tried them that long yet, but they are bigger and feels more sturdy and autentic than the T3PA Pedals.
    They also have a longer throw on the throttle and clutch pedals, making them feel more like my own car. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Awesome!! Keep me updated as to what you decide to go for in the end... I might need slightly harder due to having them mounted on my rig but I need to be lucky and get them for Christmas

Enjoy!!