News Black Friday - Sale of the year!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 24, 2017.

1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I don't blame them, they have to make money, but I don't buy for one second that the update isn't ready yet. It probably has been ready since the 14th.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    yes, it would be nice to buy new cars and track for few CENTS each but pretty soon they would have to shut down sector3 because of giving away basically free content

3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Very cynical, probably true, its a money game, the way of the world n all that, do what you have to to make a little more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BigTool4U

BigTool4U New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm playing RRRE since it was in closed beta, since then I bought a lot of content without waiting for sales, etc., but only content that I was really interested (for example no open wheelers).
    Basically I used my 2015 & 2017 Black Friday packs to buy content that otherwise I would have never bought, so more money for Sector 3.

My advice is that they should allow us to buy the Premium Pack at least once per year, like some sort of prize for old users.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  5. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    So because u bought present content u want future one for almost free? uhh ok, doesnt make sense to me

but im fan of idea of additional discount for premium pack owners ;)

6. BigTool4U

BigTool4U New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    €21 isn't free, neither €50 in 2015.

7. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    yes, i meant future content and its silly price from infinite premium packs
    71€ is rly nothing

8. BigTool4U

BigTool4U New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Not for content that I'm not really interested for, but I hate to see it not available in game, also if I will never play it.

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate both of you guys' optimism and confidence in the devs for being able to completely overhaul the GT3 class in less than 2 months while redoing the physics of nearly 20 cars from scratch... but it certainly isnt as simple as you think. :)

As someone testing all this stuff before it gets released, I can assure you this stuff wasnt ready 2 weeks ago and is not arbitrarily being held back :rolleyes:

Even if you are joking here, which I would hope you are, I dont think the implication you are making is very fair.

Each of the 4 years I've been playing RR, there has been some sort of Black Friday deal for the game. Why would this year be any different where the devs cancel a sale just because they released a bit of new content with an update? There has been content that released immediately before sales in the past.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Let me just start by saying I already purchased today the Premium pack and will most likely pay for the new GT3 cars on Monday so it's not like I'm going to get any richer or poorer for paying an extra $10-$15 bucks.
    Having said that, they are a business, so multiply those $15 by thousands of people.
    Maybe, just maybe the update from the 14th got delayed and they were looking closer to the 21st.....Now, with Black Friday 3 days away, from a business point of view it would've been silly not to do it.
    So again, I don't blame them, I just don't buy it.

11. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    This really saddens me, listen, aside from all the other costs involved in running a company you have to also employ very talented people to design and develop all the great content we want, and that talent comes at a cost, it has to be paid for by good strong sales, cut price giveaways would never cover those costs.
    So what if they decided to wait until after black Friday sales to release this new content and at full price, I couldn't care less if they did, which I very much doubt anyway.
    If I were running my own company I would never discount brand new products which cost a fortune to design and produce until I had my investment back plus a fair % of profit, company's don't tend to last very long running at break even or a loss.

12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    You've read too much into my post.

13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well, you are free to believe what you want to, even when it is objectively wrong...

Perhaps so :)

However, the insinuation you made just further enables the thought process above.

14. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    So then you're agreeing with me......From a business point of view it didn't make sense to include the new content before the sale and rather wait after it. At least that's what I'm reading

15. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Some people get humour and sarcasm, sometimes its totally wasted or just gets lost in translation.
    Hey ho, nothing to do with optimism and confidence in the devs, more to do with the cynical business practices employed everywhere, you can explain it how you see it, rose tinted glasses n all, from an outsider looking in it looks like a release date was set too close to black friday without realising, new cars n bits to go out, but if we let it go before the sale then we miss out on a fair few extra sales. Patch delayed, patch delayed oh black friday sale, ok now we can release the patch ;)
    Maybe im a million miles away, maybe im bang on the money, maybe i dont even care :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty convinced they would have sold a lot more vRP during BF sale if there would have been an overhauled GT3 class plus a bunch of new cars and triple screen support to promote the deal.
    Newcomers and/or people waiting for those features would have had a huge incentive to to go all-in and people who already own most/all current content wouldn't have bought it anyway (or couldn't have cause they already used their premium voucher).
    So if all they were after was money then they'd have released the patch regardless of the state it was in. Who cares if it ain't finished, hotfix it later, right?

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Lucas dos Santos

Lucas dos Santos Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
  18. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    For me RRRE is by far the most expensive Sim (never tried iRacing). I have already spent ~110 Euro and would have still had to pay 30 Euro for the Premium Pack.

I actually wanted to buy 5000vRP (34,99€) for getting the remaining content at once but because of the discount on prices above of 50 Euros in the Raceroomstore i decided to spend 10€ more and buy 8000 vRP (for 44,48€ instead of 54,48€). So i could buy the Premium Pack and keep 5000 vRP for future content.

This way i got the Premium Pack for little more than 16€.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    the price of the VRP are still the same, I do not see where is the Black Friday :(

20. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]