Inverted CSL Elite LC Pedals

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by heppsan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I have ordered the CSL Elite LC pedals, and measuring and try to figure out if I will be able to invert them under my GT Omega Wheel stand.

Have anyone here inverted a couple of CSL Elite pedals?
    What angle are prefered to mount them in?

2. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I have them flat on the floor, but I believe you could mount the pedals without the base to anything in the universe. They are fully independent of the base and mount with two 8mm allen bolts. So if you can drill two 8mm holes in your pedal base, you can mount them. You will also need some self adhesive HD Velcro to mount the CPU to your pedal base.

I think I saw a youtube video from ISR reviewing the CSL load cell that shows rig mounting.

3. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I thought I would build a wooden box that I will fit in my wheel stand and mount it on the floor plate, and then attach the CSL Elites inverted in that box.
    I will make the box adjusteble in hight and also in angle depending how I mount it, but only with a few centimetres in the front and back.
    So it would help to know approximately in what angle I should aim for when building it.

4. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    By the way, what is the depth of the floor plate that the pedals are mounted on?
    Thinking of keeping this as a floor rest, as in this picture:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    50mm tall

6. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Okay thanks, and from the front to back?

7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Bit old topic already but I’m thinking to reverse my Fanatec CSL Elite pedals as well. Did it worked out well? Is it nice to have them inverted.

8. PeriRigos

PeriRigos New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi...no doubt that V3`s look better and have the benefit of the hall sensors instead of potentiometers...but if you already have the CSL LC - I dont see reason to throw money to buy the V3`s. To feel real upgrade I will say HE pedals deserve to save for.
    Ofource V3`s are great set to buy, but again if you have the CSL LC - you already have decent Fanatec pedals set.

• Like Like x 2
  9. William Richardson

William Richardson Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I think a load cell is the main thing in a set of pedals. I use the Fanatec ClubSport V3 Pedals now, but before those I used the Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro 3-Pedals that I had added a load cell. I never noticed better lap times when changing from one to the other. I kept the Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro 3-Pedals as a backup set, you can also switch out the load cell for about 5 dollars if needed.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019