That's rip-off ! Sector3/Raceroom please let the loyal and long-term customers complete packs again!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Slow, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    COME ON SECTOR3 / RACEROOM.
    I have already paid so much for the cars and tracks in the game in the recent years and now i should buy the new gt3 cars again separately....
    That's so annoying. Let us please, please buy the Packs again to complete the classes and give thereby the old customers a little discount!!!! i bought all content since years and now i should pay 2037 vRP for the 3 new cars to complete the gt3 pack!!! No Comment ! Sorry, but that's rip-off!
    if sector3 / raceroom does not change the business policy promptly I will not buy any more cars or tracks !!

• Agree x 14
    • Disagree x 10
    • Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    so you don't like to pay for their work... isn't this a bit questionable to ask for discounts when there are already big discounts possible? why do you need to pay 2037 vrp? why not getting only one or two liveries you're most interested in? this would be much cheaper then.

Well, I like to pay and support the studio, I think we get enough cool free stuff through the constant updates and patches.

Edit: rip english

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. dirty_Sanchez

dirty_Sanchez New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    why separately ? if you already own all the t3 content that came out before today then you just buy the gt3 pack again and you get the 3 cars + all liveries for 432 vrp

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That is the problem: you can´t buy a pack a second time.... !! if you ever purchased a pack, you can´t buy it again...
    so you have to pay the full price for each of the new cars....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I bought the GT3 pack before premium pack and cannot buy the GT3 pack again now. It seems to me as if i am being punished for being so stupid to buy the GT3 Pack before the premium pack.

From what i have been reading i could still buy the GT3 Pack even after buying the Premium Pack if i wouldn't have already bought it. This doesn't feel right.

6. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    It seems that you pay only for the cars you didn't already have...so, it make a big discount on the GT3 Pack...:rolleyes:
    I can be wrong, but I'll check that tomorrow :)

7. dirty_Sanchez

dirty_Sanchez New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh i see. yes that sucks indeed :( long time customers shouldnt be "punished" like that. a pack should unlock again after new content got added to it so you can buy it again with a big discount and get rewarded for being a long time customer who purchased a lot.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    believe me: you can´t buy a pack a second time.... !! if you ever purchased a pack, you can´t buy it again...
    Read this: CLICK

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

----> exactly my opinion

10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Why do people consider it punishing? Should you wait several years until you decide to buy a pack?
    Ok wow you saved a few bucks but didn't get to drive the damn cars and tracks while you waited. That's the price being an early adopter.
    It's like the GOTY editions of other games. After some time you get the game plus every DLC for a super low price. Do you complain that you paid more for the game when it was released? Doesn't make sense to me

And you all seem to forget that the people who are working on all this stuff need to be paid! What do you think how much longer would raceroom exist if they would realise your concepts? You're just selfish and greedy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I purchased them for the full price. Not because i have too much money but because they deserve every penny of it. Those Cars and Liveries are fucking Masterpieces.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    It wasn't clear to me that i would not be able to buy the GT3 Pack again. If i would have known it i wouldn't have bought the Pack because i already knew that i would buy the premium pack later in the year.

To be honest i wouldn't buy the new cars at this time because i have enough content to play with but i think it should be clear what you lose when you buy a pack. Actually i think it would be fair if the customer would get a message about the consequences when he is attempting to buy a complete pack.

I am playing RRRE for about 4 years now and i didn't know about that.

Yes that's true but i work for my money too. And i work really hard for it. And don't call me stingy since i have already spent €150+ on RRRE.

13. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    It is indeed sucks that you cannot buy the packs again.

Been complaining about this for years, personally for me. Looks like they do not even care about fixing this issue anymore. You are meant to be ripped off after you purchased the packs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    The cost for long time users sucks, tbh.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    You realize that you got a DISCOUNT when you bought the pack? Why do you think that you should be entitled a discount again??

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MustangSVT

MustangSVT Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    To explain how silly this is.. I spent $65 USD a year ago getting the premium pack. At this point in time, I need to spend around $60-$70 more USD or so to complete with the DLC that's come in the past year (a few cars -> BMW 235i, KTM, 3 GT3 cars, Formula 3, Formula X 17, and 3 tracks, Silverstone, Malaysia and Anderstorp and possibly Imola too). This means that I'm very near the tipping point where it makes more sense for me to just become a new customer and repurchase the Premium Pack versus keeping my account. You don't find something wrong with this logic? Soon enough, it'll in fact cost more for me to buy the new content versus just becoming a new customer. Even iRacing with their "new player discount" only offer it for the first 1-2 year of subscription, not for buying the entire service. Imagine a scenario where Sector3 came out and said, hey you can buy all the new content in the game for $65 if you're new, or you can spend $100 for new content (for the priviledge of keeping your name/stats, that's all).

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I'm not saying it is a great model but the fact remains that the pricing model is based off *per car/track*. Then at least we have the packs which makes it a reasonable price. But in all honestly I don't think it's outrageous to expect a couple of dollars per new track or car. It's not like they're released in quantities of 10-20 per month. Of course if you buy every car and track that is currently in the game without the packs, then yes it would get expensive. In the world of sim racing we just have to expect to pay a little more for the content, since sales doesn't reach a fraction of your casual AAA game. It's that or no content at all. Simple as that

18. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    100% agree - it makes much more sense to create a new account on BlackFriday and buy the PremiumPack as new customer every year !

I hope sector3 will change that asap!!!

19. MustangSVT

MustangSVT Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I understand what you're saying, but you're drawing straws here. What is happening here is very similar to what happens sometimes on Steams sales where it's cheaper to just buy the Game of the Year edition versus buying the missing DLCs separately. You hear people complaining in those scenarios too. I want to give them my money, but I don't wish to be ripped off. The only difference here is that I need to create a new account to purchase the "game of the year edition". If this type of pricing scheme continues and they don't allow us to complete our packs, I'll just wait for the next premium pack sale and create a new account then.

20. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Either way, regardless of what is right or wrong. Sector 3 studios have little to say about pricing strategies. That would be under RaceRoom and not really the creator of the game/content. AFAIK

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.