Released November 2017 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Jörg Menzel

Jörg Menzel Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The shadows are the problem! Shade off = constant 60 FPS.
    Shadow very low = 44-55 FPS

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    @Georg Ortner As you said in your stream, the physics update has improved the braking. Driving the McClaren 650, the braking is now much more controllable and less prone to lock-ups. The ability to modulate the brakes at speed makes dive-bombs all the more enjoyable. ;)

Thank you to all at Sector3 for your hard work and ingenuity.

To the forum members: check out Georg's YouTube channel for some great simracing. Last night, he was competing against Philip Ellis, the real-life Audi Sport TT Cup champion! :cool:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I didn't have time yet to test all the cars. I concentrated on the new ones and the ones that I liked the most before the patch.

After only a few laps and some little changes to the setup I did a high 2:18 with the AMG. Didn't cost me too much effort, there is still quite a bit to improve for me. But most of the time post patch I spent in the M6, because I struggle to get below 2:21 in this one and I wanted to try everything to be sure it's not my setup or I just have to get used to it before I come to the forums and ask for a revisit.

Edit:
    Another car I'd like to mention is the new Audi. I was under the impression (please correct me if I'm wrong here) that the new R8 LMS was developed by Audi under the guideline to change its concept compared to its predecessor. While the old one was very fast around corners and not so fast in a straight line, the new one should be balanced more in line with the rest of the GT3 field. And videos showing the new R8 LMS at Döttinger Höhe in direct comparison to the AMG GT3 suggest that this change of concept was succesful. The new R8 LMS has at least the same comparable top speed as the AMG. But the new Audi in RaceRoom is 10 km/h slower than the AMG at Spa already. Yes, it's really quick around corners to compensate for that but this is not the concept the real Audi was built under.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yep, just thought about while I found your post. It would be nice to know what S3 has up their sleeves regarding AI Selector/Multiclass Options for SP....it's about time, isn't it ?
    Is licensing an issue here maybe ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    At the risk of being an annoyance by continually asking about this feature, some communication from Sector3 would be most appreciated.

My guess is an AI selector (if we are to get one) will be delivered as part of the offline multiclass update.

As I said, some info from the devs would be nice.

6. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Do you remember how long the wait was for the (BASIC) feature of saving a setup to a file? An AI selector surely is a more complicated feature.

As far as I can remember it has been confirmed to come for sure but if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath for anything. We have no official deadline, so this might still be way off. I hope I'm wrong here, but not expecting anything that has not been confirmed saved me some disappointment in the past already. ;)

7. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    They could always go the route and just give us XML files to edit and ignore the UI that typically takes forever. I really hope they go that route more in future. Similar to AMS it can be just easier to create tools outside the main app to modify the files conveniently. Maybe not as "polished" as in-game but who gives...

Multiclass championship etc. lots of things that really are just a bunch of config files. And I would argue the in-game UIs can be worse for this than what people can do externally. The blessings of not being a console title. The only downside would be not knowing what content the user has, but well people using the tool would know...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    That would be fine with me. Just anything to solve the issue of the Frankenstein GT3 grids.

9. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I miss news about
    A new Competition Concept: Race 2 Win

10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    the AI Selector per se cannot be much of a problem, cause I remember Vince Klortho, who made a bunch of Mods, Uts and Apps for GTR 2 that time, released his AI Selector app (similar in appearance to Jim's Crew Chief) quiet early after GTR2 came out and it worked fine. Crux is that S3 has to implement the SP Multiclass Feature with advanced AI, car balancing, separated stats,classes, ladder a.s.o
    and I also can imagine that some Manufacturers don't like to see their licensed products to mix up with other series which is just a guess tbh.
    But speculations aside it would be good to know what their (S3 ) plans are....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sharp

Sharp Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Since the game is out of maintenance it's working properly for you as well now?

Sorry for late reply was quite busy.

12. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hm, AI selector for PC2 was programmed by community. It could not be such a big problem. I am a little bit in programming, too and dont see ANY problem to make a chep AI selector (ok, without multiclass, of course). Where is the problem to give the user the chance to "click the Mustangs away".?

Its really a shame that is no way to enjoy a proper starting grid.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  13. Luis Eduardo

Luis Eduardo Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I also want news on this feature!

14. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    News about this concept will come later. A lot of functionalities have been included in the patch, but we are not quite ready yet.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Nessa Revane

Nessa Revane Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
  16. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    crash on nordschleife
    M3 dtm

Attached Files:

17. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Well, but do we know anything official about the AI selector? Is it really coming? or is just one of those fairy tales?
    Because my big question is, How does it works? Does AI select cars by % of each models? or does it select by older date added:D? Or by top speed? etc. etc. It would be nice to see an official answer about it (If it has been said before, please linked to me :D), because is really weird how the AI decided to pick Mustang, Alpinas and Camaros the mosto_O.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    just a stupid question, as I understand RaceRoom there are no hosted races like in iRacing right? I mean every hour or so? currently there only private servers running right? will there be something similar to iRacing in the future? I would like to try multiplayer races but I often have work long hours, and community races normally start at 7-8.30 CET time for instance. Are there any races at 10-12 o'clock? are there any plans for the future to establish a similar system in RaceRoom? safety ratings, races every hour? or is there no interested in general? is there a roadmap?

19. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Coming soon:
    A new Competition Concept: Race 2 Win
    Competitions played a huge role in RaceRoom since day one. From the Time Attacks on the leaderboards to today's full online championships endorsed by official Series and manufacturers such as the WTCC and Mercedes.
    Now we want to take it one step further, by allowing everyone to compete for actual prizes, 24/7.
    Drivers will be able to participate in selected competitions by paying a small amount of vRP's, and get the chance to win awesome prizes.
    Rules of R2W Competitions can vary, from time limited sessions to a limited numberof laps available to set your laptime.
    The development of this concept is still in its early days, but we hope to expand it in the future, and to reward our best driverswith top prizes.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "Hervé45, post: 135285, membre: 9884"] crash sur nordschleife
    M3 dtm [/ QUOTE]

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2