Race 2 win - what do we know about this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SunnySunday, Dec 5, 2017.

1. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    While R3E is developing in a very exciting way, one thing that to me is lacking a little is the multiplayer aspect. Sure you can join a league and have fantastic racing. I'm not really that committed to sim racing, i'm more of a casual driver but I like clean racing of course. With the portal system and all the racing rules implemented I find R3E have huge potential to be a killer MP simulator.

So the announcement of race 2 win really excites me, but as of yet I don't really know what it is. I understand it is competitions where you can win some VRP and what not, but do we know how they will look like? Is it time-trials? Or 1on1 races, full grid championships? Is there a set number of tracks in each competition etc? Will it have similarities to Iracing or GT Sport? Please fill in some info on this if you know something.

Official pre release statement
    "A new Competition Concept: Race 2 Win
    Competitions played a huge role in RaceRoom since day one. From the Time Attacks on the leaderboards to today's full online championships endorsed by official Series and manufacturers such as the WTCC and Mercedes.
    Now we want to take it one step further, by allowing everyone to compete for actual prizes, 24/7.
    Drivers will be able to participate in selected competitions by paying a small amount of vRP's, and get the chance to win awesome prizes.
    Rules of R2W Competitions can vary, from time limited sessions to a limited number of laps available to set your laptime.
    The development of this concept is still in its early days, but we hope to expand it in the future, and to reward our best drivers with top prizes."

2. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    This clearly suggest it's going to be standard hot-lapping with some limitations not making you able to improve yourself over and over again. I hope I'm wrong anyway and it'll be more than that :)

By the way, it's really wondering why Sector3 still didn't even try to implement any rating system. For me, there's more than enough content to play with at the moment and the only thing I miss is clean racing with motivation to be as fast as possible. It often happens that drivers quit the race after they make some meaningful mistake and drop a couple of positions. That leads to the situations, where the race counts 20 drivers at the start, and only 7-8 of them finish.

3. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I would think you're right. It definitely sounds like a more of a"hot-lapping" thing but who knows. It obviously takes a lot more development time to properly implement a fleshed out competitive multiplayer platform but it would be so amazing to have with raceroom. I doubt it will happen but let's hope it will become something more than just regular time trials with prices. I won't ever come near a top 10 placing anyway lol.

I would like to see custom championships which is integrated with the portal so you can follow your progression. Season based would be really cool, where you can sign up for the classes you want. kinda like many of the unofficial leagues are doing but official with real time tracking. I'm probably repeating myself here but I'm tired, I'll blame it on that.

4. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I'll share what I know. Race 2 play system is ready and wating for the publisher to make their first competition. The multiplayer system got delayed by among others(?) by race2play. So now s3 developers have again time to work on ranked multiplayer. So fingers crossed we'll see a beta next year.

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    This is being used for the E-Motorsports Asia GT-Challenge. You need to pay 300 vRP to be able to participate in a leaderboard round. In my opinion that price is a little bit... steep.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    It's not meant as a prize for participating in a leaderboard challenge in general (you can just drive the same car-track combo in time attack). It's meant as an entry ticket for a chance of participating in on-site events and winning prizes. I have no idea why so many drivers from outside of Asia participate, there isn't really any benefit if you are not planning to attend the onsite event.

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that's true, but I'd only be willing to pay 300 vRP if I had a real chance to qualify for the final event. This would be hard enough for most players even for a local event.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    300vrp = 3 euro No? I think you People need to find new jobs if you can't afford that lol

• Agree Agree x 1