R3E HUD Manager

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by ChatCureuil, Dec 3, 2017.

1. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to not fulfill your dream, but actually there's no placeholder for chat, and R3E accepts only horizontal move of the mirror. :)

2. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    I know, that's not your fault, your hands are bound here.
    I hope somebody from S3S Dev Team will take a look at our demands :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eric Statkevicus

Eric Statkevicus New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting an error when running the program. See attached. Any config file I can hardcode the directories into as a workaround?

Win7 Enterprise

Attached Files:

4. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    nice one ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    It means that the app didn't find the Raceroom directory where are stored your game data.
    Usually this directory is something like that: C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience
    The R3E directory can also be named "RaceRoom Racing Experience Install X" where X is a number.
    It's not a problem if this directory is in another location, if you used the windows feature to move your "Documents" directory (right click > properties > location > move).

Can you check where it is? Maybe there's some cases I'm not aware.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  6. Nessa Revane

Nessa Revane Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Hey @ChatCureuil
    a brilliant idea ... it works without any problems at me ... will be just detected as an potential danger .exe file :D

didnt test any movements ... but when i click on the gearwheel and click on all 3 Options it opens me the path´s so no bug there! ;)

I already seen u open a Thread for "Things not working" but there is also the most important things like Penalty-,Slow Down-, etc-messeges are close to the Mirror ... ok it´s moveable in horizontal but atm not in vertical!

Nevermind Good Work and may grab Sector 3 under your arms at coding or bug fixing! ^^

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    May be there are several directories if he is a bêta tester and the program can't decide wich is the good one

8. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @Nessa Revane :)
    The missing placeholders are also reported, it you can complete the list don't hesitate I'll edit the first post. ;)

Yes I think it's cause I haven't created a certificate to publish the app. I'm not used to develop pure Win programs, I'll check later how this stuff works. :)

The app actually takes the first valid directory found. Later it will list all the valid ones (for beta testers).
    But to consider it a valid directory it also checks if the corresponding Steam directory exists, maybe his Steam was on a disconnected hard drive.
    That said, I can add a user prompt when no valid directory is found.

9. Eric Statkevicus

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'll have to check it later, but I only have one installation of R3E (not beta), and it should have been installed into the default Steam Directory (c:\Program Files(x86)...). I believe it should be using my default Documents directory, but will verify later when I get home.

I have had R3E installed pretty much from the beginning, so maybe they changed their directory paths a long time ago, and there is some leftover artifacts you are picking up on. I can also download your source code and take a look (I used to be a developer).

10. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    @Eric Statkevicus This is the code that searches for this directory, I'd like to understand why it doesn't work in your case. :)

11. Eric Statkevicus

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @ChatCureuil It's getting to SearchActiveR3EDirectory as expected. Do you have a debug build, as I don't see any output in DebugView, which I would expect from this line:
    Debug.WriteLine($"++ Testing directory: {r3EDirectory}");

All my paths look correct and the ini file should be found based on your code (see attached). I verified %USERPROFILE% was correct, and the Registry Key for "Personal" pointed to the %USERPROFILE%\Documents.

I don't have Visual Studio installed on my gaming pc, so I can't step through your code.
    Any ideas?

Part of stack trace:
    at R3EHUDManager.location.finder.R3eHomeDirectoryFinder.SearchActiveR3EDirectory(String[] r3EDirectories)
    at R3EHUDManager.location.finder.R3eHomeDirectoryFinder.GetPath()
    at R3EHUDManager.location.command.FindR3eHomeDirectoryCommand.Execute()

Attached Files:

12. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    App updated :)
    • Import background image, ability to extract only the center screen for triple screen screenshots.
    • Change background on the fly.
    @Eric Statkevicus :
    • Parsing of "GameInstallDir.ini" is better, it wasn't working if the file begin with a blank line.
    • I also added a directory picker when the app can't find a "valid" R3E user directory. And at each launch where automatic search fails, it asks if you still want to use same custom directory or try another, in case it didn't work. That's not really elegant but you should be able to use the app waiting for a proper fix. :)
    • There's now logs for this directory search, if you can get the app to start there's a button at bottom left to open the app data directory. If the app doesn't work, the directory is not easy to find... ^^ Something like that: C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\Data\215M9JQO.2EV\TZ19L7A9.WX8\r3eh..tion_9fa799310f381429_0000.0002_64ed210177c2cc6f\Data If automatic detection still doesn't work, logs might help debugging.
    Known issue
    Only supported aspect ratio for backgrounds is 16/9. If you use another ratio the display size of game assets won't reflect their size in the game. I still have to understand how screen ratio influences elements size. ^^

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  13. Eric Statkevicus

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @ChatCureuil New update works great, finds the xml file without any searching around. My GameInstallDir.ini did have a blank line at the beginning.

Thanks for the great app!

14. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Hahaaa that's it! :) Thanks for the report.

15. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Version 0.4.0 is arrived and it contains main features! :)

Screen layout: Single and Triple
    • Import a background and choose the corresponding screen layout.
    • Move game elements through screens.
    • Use position and anchor presets inside each screen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Profiles
    • A profile is an association of a background image (including its screen layout) and a HUD layout.
    • Create/load a profile and apply it to Raceroom HUD. Modify it later, save it or save as a new profile.
    [​IMG]

Other features
    • Added 2 zoom levels, "fit to height" (with scroll bar) can be used with triple screen layouts to use all the available space, and "fit to window" in any case to see the whole stage.
    [​IMG]

• To avoid unwanted moves, it's now necessary to select an element before to drag it.
    • Anchor preset is by default linked to position preset, cause there's almost no case where it's necessary to use different values for each one. If "Copy to anchor" is checked, changing the position preset will also apply to anchor preset.
    [​IMG]
    • And several minor improvements not all visible. ^^

One time again, feel free to report any feedback.
    Hope you enjoy. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Eric Statkevicus

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    This is great stuff @ChatCureuil. I was struggling with moving things around to my side screens on my triples setup, can't wait to try the new version!

• Like Like x 1
  17. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @Eric Statkevicus, please let me know what R3E supports when moving HUD on triple screen, I have single screen and would appreciate some feedbacks. :)

I just upgraded to 0.4.1.x cause I found the rule used by R3E to resize HUD elements depending of screen resolution and especially aspect ratio.
    So now the app should be WYSIWYG, except for a few pixels sometimes cause I must remake with more accuracy the PNG images I use in placeholders. And, of course, except all the things we can do with this XML that R3E doesn't take into account.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  18. Eric Statkevicus

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @ChatCureuil Well, it kind of works. I tried moving all the widgets to my left screen as shown in hudsetupleft.jpg. In game, the widgets were moved, but not to where they were in your tool. See ingameleft.jpg. Also attached my hud_options.xml and profile I saved with this setup (added .txt so I can upload).

I am running 5760x1080. I'm using fullscr.jpg as my background image in your tool (also attached).

Not sure if the anchors are messing with things somehow, I didn't change any of them.

Let me know if you need me to test anything else. (in reality, I probably just want to move trackmap and driver name tags to a side screen, so I'll play around with that)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    @Eric Statkevicus Thanks, this feedback is helpful, at least to understand what R3E can do actually.

Maybe I could do something wrong writing the XML but I don't think so actually.

It just seems that R3E is actually limiting X values to [-1, 1] so you can only put elements on edges between screens (and set a right anchor to put element on left screen).
    Except for the FFB... :D It seems this one doesn't even respect X position in this case, it shouldn't be on screen edge.

I have some questions:

1) Can you try this value for "Track Map Position":
    <name type="string"><![CDATA[Track Map Position]]></name>
    <value type="Vector2">{-3 0}</value>
    Just to check that R3E reads correctly the values, I use all the decimals when writing XML and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

2) Does the FFB meter always have this aspect ratio in triple screen, even on center screen? I didn't know it has a special resize rule and will update this.

20. Eric Statkevicus

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @ChatCureuil Attached is the screenshot with that value change. I edited the xml file directly in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData and saved it. I was just about to post it here, but I noticed when I ran R3E and took the screenshot, then exited, it changed the value back to default (Notepad++ was kind enough to make this obvious to me)! Maybe that's part of the problems.

At the end of the day, I think what is actually supported by Sector3 with moving HUD items around is a bit flaky, so you might be chasing ghosts trying to debug this. Maybe in future patches their HUD moving support will be a little more solid.

Still a nice app, I wish Sector 3 would let people modify some of the other settings, even if it's officially unsupported.
    **cough** Damage Model Sensitivity **cough**

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1