Released November 2017 Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Jesus Christ the Review section is horrible. I thought i could never find more dumb people in one place than on Youtube comment sections but boy was i mistaken. Even some of the longer written reviews are so wrong and incredibly dumb, i feel a strong urge to comment on them lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    if u want more comedy then check out dcs world reviews on steam

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The Steam review section as a whole is an unmitigated disaster.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Steam review is a disaster. It is either full of memes or full of misleading reviews that rarely gives a good summary on how's the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Jan Seyffarth, former Mercedes GT3 Pilot has tested some Assetto Corsa / Project Cars2 and yesterday the Raceroom Mercedes GT3 on Nürburgring Nordschleife and was very impressed. His statement: As Assetto gets one thumb up, Raceroom will get two thumbs up.
    Unfortunately he tries Assetto and PC2 on console cause of lack of hardware and tries Raceroom on his small PC.
    He is working on a new PC setup so I think, he will try again.

Heres the Video:

As of his small PC Hardware I can totally see his point. I really have now super fun with Raceroom and I cannot see any distance to the other sims in a negative way. R3E now is a really good package.

- Graphic is (with the right Nvidia Inspector settings) very good
    - Trackdesign is awesome. Never had an Racer hier with so much immersion from the track
    - Cardesign is absolutely great (Now with the full reflections on it)
    - Sound is very impressive
    - Force Feedback is good (ok, there are sims out there with better FFB... But it's a high niveau)
    - Physics are great, but lacks of some more details
    - Game runs very stable here
    - Multiplayer races are mostly fun (if you find a server with some oppenents)
    - AI Races are now great, too. Never saw an AI Race with Opponents going three wide on Kemmel straight. Try this to find on Assetto or PC.2....)

Yeah, for me, it's an 9 of 10 Points game now. Hoping to see now some Porsche (Cup), GT4 and TCR Cars soon.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    great lap time for a professional race car driver :D

7. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Indeed,
    but as I understand, he has packed R3E on his PC, plugged in the wheel, start and drives first.
    He didn't made some settings to the wheel, the car or anything. He told only that he did something, that the graphics are not as bad as in his last video and matched the steering wheel.
    I think in this case it's hard to drive faster.
    But he will dive deeper into the whole thing. Probably it's a thing where S3 could interact somehow to earn some publicity. I like this idea :)

8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Seyffahrt has a very relaxed approach on sim racing, and in one of the two videos I saw by him recently he said that he is relatively new to sim racing, admitting that he does not know much about it so far. I like the way he tries to keep his audience entertained. Somewhere he says in this or the AC video that he sees both games on same quality level, a statement that all in all I would share. I do not agree on all details he marks, but all in all: yes, same league.

9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    What do you expect from an unmoderated agony column full of frustrated, over-saturated videogame-junkies high on potato chips and Redbull ? ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes it's nice to get an opinion from someone fresh to the genre. They don't have ingrained preconceptions and biases toward particular titles.

11. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Even better if that somebody has what most of us have not: experience with the real tracks and the real cars.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Dan84

Dan84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    How do I change this to 64 bit?

13. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Should start in 64-bit by default if you have 64-bit system.

14. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0

This video was uploaded 7 months ago
    May I consider it to be near completion?
    Thank you for a wonderful Christmas;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    Don't understand a word. What is all black dots doing in the sky?

16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    He set the gfx settings to ultra low, that's why there are black dots. He has a potatoe currently.

He basically says the Nordschleife in R3E is super realistic and even every corner has the correct characteristics which you actually feel in the car. He's very impressed overall how accurate it is (his car, shifting points are like 95% correct, the track overall, the compression in the steering and suspension in the Fuchsröhre...). He's sometimes commenting like "the car should now start to oversteer mid-corner here and oooh there it is"

He didn't like the car and track in AC this much. Either the AC Nordschleife is too bumpy or the standard setup in AC is wrong.

I guess he's sold on R3E atm :-D

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    Nice to hear :)

18. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    in the class gtr3, who ever had something that did not work pit stop in online races?

19. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    If it ever comes out for offline racing, that would be great. I really want to do 100 cars Nords 24.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    100 cars in one starting group trying to pass Hauk-Haken might result in some mayhem.:eek:
    What about additional, delayed starting groups as usual in VLN.
    Just to append some complications.:D

• Like Like x 3