Problem Low replay FPS

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by voronov92, May 7, 2016.

1. -= Rooooney =-

-= Rooooney =- New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Really sad it is still not fixed. I'm just hoping to have a good solution for the problems and not 35 FPS instead of 20FPS :-/ Actually there is not much fun to watch long replays. Especially when you know how a 144hz screen should look like or my 3440x1440p @100hz :-/

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    If I get it right there seems to be a fix, that is still waiting for release with the next update...

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Balruck

Balruck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    NO solution for me with a 8320E @4.2Ghz .....
    still low gpu and cpu usage now

4. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    We still haven't released a patch.

5. Balruck

Balruck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes but i was with fx4300 before.

6. -= Rooooney =-

-= Rooooney =- New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Good News: The Patch fixed the Replay Bug =)

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. SchumiF399

SchumiF399 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am having low frame rates on replays too. I was watching a lap of the mustang GTO around zolder and my frames dropped real bad at turn 3. It doesn't matter if I have graphics turned up or down. My system is built around the 8700k , gtx 1080 ti FTW 3 and 16 gig's of ram. I am running triples but I don't have any issues with other games. By comparison I had 30+ cars at Bathurst and I never experienced any frame drops. Also it doesn't matter if v sync is on or off. I am maxing out the settings BTW. I'm not sure if it's a problem with zolder or the mustang since it was just my car on track or my PC?

8. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  9. SchumiF399

SchumiF399 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply mine reads x16
    1513470559700-1715562204.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. SchumiF399

SchumiF399 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK I narrowed my problem down I only get a dip in frames if my camera set is set to "Action", the others like static and aerial work fine. I don't know if there can be a fix implemented in the near future?

11. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wow, this is weird.

I had a race in hockenheim with the GT3. When I left and check the replay I had exactly the same issues as you. I loaded another previous replay and the same behavior. I quit R3E and restarted and now all replays are playing fine. I have no issue with the Action camera.

12. SchumiF399

SchumiF399 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My issue seems pretty consistent :( I've restarted multiple times but it's a no go. I'm using TV cam for the time being while I wait to see if this will hopefully get sorted out.

13. SchumiF399

SchumiF399 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It looks like the new patch that dropped today helped with the frame rate dips around zolder using the action cam. Still have to do some testing but overall it seems improved. Really impressed with how fast this seems to have gotten addressed.

14. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    After watching a replay for a long time I started to get this issue. I have to restart R3E to make it gone.

15. SchumiF399

SchumiF399 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was gone for a couple of weeks I initially thought the problems were fixed but it seems not. As of now there is random signs and objects popping in and out on replays, and in car. Seems to me this is why the frame rate got an increase. I am running triples and when I add a 1 to the number string the random objects popping in and out are no more. Problem is my frame rate took a massive dip. :(

16. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    That's the price to not have any pop in I'm afraid. Triple screen is very demanding.

17. SchumiF399

SchumiF399 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not trying to sound argumentative, but Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2 don't have this issue. I really like this game , I really do. I think maybe the triple screen feature needs a little bit more polishing? Georg Ortner has some very cool videos showcasing this game and it looks a blast, that's reason I bought all the content. I'm trying to have the same thing too. :(

18. TopGun82

TopGun82 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have also a problem with very heavy stutter in the game which can be simply reproduced by watching reply action. For the first minute or so it runs very smooth (as expected with my system specs), however after some time it starts to heavily stutter (like 10fps). An important note: Once the stutter starts, it also continues in the actual gameplay after starting a new session. It will solve after restart of RR.

Not sure if it is related, but I see the following message in the Peformance log:
    [Frame 21766] Delta time between frames is too small (rendered the same frame twice?). Delta time is 0.000 ms

My specs:
    I7 8700
    Asus1080 TI
    16GB
    Evo 960 SSD

19. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    My issue is kinda like this but different in some aspects. I use a 6700k OC, GTX1080 OC and 16GB DDR4 3000MHz on Win 10. I have locked 60 fps on max in 4k at all times even with lots of cars in most cases. The problem is with the replay. So while a replay is running at some point the image starts stuttering badly (like it's under 10 fps) all the while the fps indicator of either nvidia or msi afterburner shows 60 fps. Also nothing strange happens as far as GPU, CPU and RAM usage and frequency is concerned. The sim is installed on the SSD, all drivers are up to date and so is windows.
    What I have tried so far:
    - Disabled any Overclocking.
    - Installed the sim on SSD.
    - Reinstalled nvidia drivers (Clean Install).
    - Checked GPU, CPU and RAM statistics while it happens to see if anything strange is going on.
    - Checked CPU, HDD and such idle settings.
    - Checked SSD health.
    - Tried fullscreen and windowed borderless with vsync on and off.
    - Checked if any strange and unneeded background apps are running.
    - Checked file integrity with steam.
    - Reinstalled the game.
    - Reinstalled Windows 10.
    This used to happen in other games as well like F1 2017 replay and Project CARS 2 replay, never in Assetto Corsa hovever. Some days it always happens and others it doesn't. I was pretty sure the problem is on my end but as I see it more people have it.
    If I restart the game problem is gone until I watch another replay. If I don't restart the game the stuttering caries over in the actual playing part.
    Edit: I tried to record a video of it today but the damn thing worked flawlessly for the whole 10 laps lol

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  20. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    so it occurs only in special circumstances and not always? Any special Track or Car that in use then?