The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Yeah yeah, but you know, I don't have an unlimited budget :p

Problem with the Oculus Rift it's from Facebook and so it's linked with Facebook. So, it's a no go, unfortunately :'(

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I know what you mean, I have the same reservations, but formally you need no FB account (I have none) to get Oculus running. There is also a tool to switch it off if you do not need it. I did not stumble over any software linking done by oculus, to Facebook. They ofer it for you to voluntarily do so, but I rejected that.

Of course Facebook collects the data from Oculus. Thats why they bought it. But since I have o FB profile, and enver had, and block them, and do on this wiudnows 10 system only games, everything else on a different system with Linux, my privatesphere is relatively still existent.

Oculus costs are such that some people spend more money on triple screens or even just a single 100 Hz or multisynch monitor.

Here are my FFB values in AC, their basis are official Kunos recommendation from some longer time ago, and from there I made some minor changes.

[​IMG]

I recall that "Filter" at the top can make a huge difference already with changes of one unit. Note that I have canned effects at the bottom left all to very minimal settings.

I now use a Fanatec CSL elite PS4, which has a very robust motor. But I used basically the same settings before with a Logitech G27. Only Strength at the top I had a bit stronger, and Filter a bit lesser I think, 7 or 5.

With these settings I have a formidable feeling for what the car does, and for the ttrack below the tyres, better than in any other sim, if I am honest. Only RR's GT3 cars get somewhat close. Not the same, but close.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  3. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I didn't spend a lot for my screen :p

But, I already blocked all facebook domains in my host file, so don't really know if it would work or not. So, I didn't buy.
    Thank you for your screenshot, I will look at it when I have more time (not before next year :'( )

4. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    If the numbers prove helpful for you, the better. Originally I gave them for the FFB confusion by TonyJ. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    don't forget WTCC (2017) from R3E, these cars are awesome and don't exist in AC.
    And yes R3E's GT3 are very nice too :)

6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The WTCCs are front wheelers, and that is why they feel so different from other cars in RR.

Hope the FFB remarks help you with AC.

7. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    after the last update, fbb settings are available from the race. slip, kerb, road, abs - apps ffb.

8. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Finally!!
    Thanks for the information :)

9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Ah, the Huracan...

Brutality concealed in an extremely slick, elegant dress. Brute force in motion. Whenever I drive the Huracan (street version) there already is in AC, it feels like driving a cruise missile on wheels. Only a few cars in AC let you feel raw power this clearly. One of my favourites. There is just some animalistic satisfaction in driving this beast. Wonderful.

10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Talk-'n-drive with Aristotelis (AC physics) on the cars of the upcoming DLC, and Laguna Seca. The (laserscanned) track seems to be contrasting quite a bit from other versions in other sims, due to them having included the especially flat camber of the track in most of its corners. Sounds to be a challenging beast.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/210680226##

I would like to overhear a conversation between Aristotelis Vesilakos and Alex Hodgkinson on how they approach physics and what their philosphies are for modelling car behaviour, after they had consummed so much vino togetehr that they woudl forget for an hour or two that they are working for rivallin companies. :) These two have done the two most impressive physics works I have ever seen myself in any racing game I ever played, I think it could be exciting if they trade their thoughts and explanations of why they do what, and how. :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  11. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    AC is updating right now as well.

Assetto Corsa v1.16 Changelog

- New Alfa Romeo tipo 33 Stradale
    - New Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
    - New Lamborghini Huracán Performante
    - New Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
    - New Maserati Alfieri
    - New Maserati Quattroporte GTS
    - New Pagani Huayra BC
    - New Laguna Seca Circuit
    - Corrected Porsche 908LH Fuel consumption
    - Corrected Pagani Huayra front splitter aero position
    - Added steering wheel alert on race start.
    - Potential workaround for launcher losing input focus after session ends; reported after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    - Templates added for Bonus Pack cars
    - Various minor updates to digitial instruments in older content
    - Various minor graphical fixes in older content

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody know what happened to the weather option? It does not appear and all my races are in cloudy or very cloudy.

13. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Can't say the new cars interest me (disappointed the T33 isn't the racing version to take on the GT40, 908 and P4), but can't wait to try a new track!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    There is defenetly a AI problem in corkscrew

15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Cannot confirm, I'm free of these symptoms.

16. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Oh man, if you of all don't know, no one does, no hope. :(

17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Are you talking about multi-player or single-player?

Weather is working just fine here too.

Are you using a weather mod? If so, try removing it.

Otherwise, go to your main Assetto Corsa file folder > content > weather... then delete whatever is in there and verify the integrity of the game cache in Steam. Steam will redownload the weather files. The official ones are numbered 1 through 7, so if you already have all 7, you might not need to do this... but if nothing else works, it's an idea to try.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Hope for real problems we cannot solve here, lies in the official Kunos forums. ;) I cannot imagine your issue to be one without a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Small patch brings AC to version 1.16.1. Few things adressed, mainly with Laguna Seca, amongst them fixing some AI issue with the cork screw.

20. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I will try the suggestions thanks. I don't like Kunos forums, I rather keep away from there, it's not like I'm that eager to play it. ;)