Released 20-12-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Dec 20, 2017.

1. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    it is there. thank you for the great support, as always.

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Of course I will test it more later this day. I got three new reasons today. :)

There is no variable in physics that says "reduce ramming", as somebody above somewhat implied, ramming is - I assume - always a result of soemthing else not working as it should in the AI formula cocktail. If they changed some variables in the formulas, chances are that instead they have overseen an unwanted side effect. For example they changed something regarding the pit entries or exits, that would maybe correspond with my observation yesterday that I got hit always at the pitlane straight when braking for the turn, the other section was before the corkscrew, here again they tried to shake paint with me.

My pace should not have much to do with it, since I can drive Raceroom'S version more daringly and fast than the new version in Ac, which is more difficult to drive - and I had just run 20 laps at Laguna in aC before switching to RR, so i was in good practice regarding that track already.

Also, if player is slower than AI, the AI should not just slam into him as if he were not there, but avoid him. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird does it happen everywhere? Does it always happen?

4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Relief.

I have tried the three Porsches on three differen tracks, and like it was a difference between night and day when comparing yesterday evening with the weeks before, it now was a difference like between night and day when comparing today with last evening. This issue - and that is what it was: a serious issue - has dissappeared, it seems, the cars of the AI now fight again but do not try to ride ride through me as if I were empty air.

The only difference is that since yesterday and today there was another download coming in today, and a cold system reboot. I wonder whether yesterday something went wrong when downloadiong and installing the upgrade, but then playing on without reboot after the patch. I mean it was as if collision detection had been switched off temporarily.

Sorry for having hit the alarm button, but then, no, I'm not sorry at all. It was de facto a very serious issue I was facing here. Everybody would have rung the alarm bell, if he were in my place.

Recommendation, just to be sure: after a patch, even via Steam, nevertheless do a cold system reboot, just to be sure. After all, this new W10 does not work as reliable and smooth for me, by far not, as did W7. Which is not really a surprise to me, the web is full of according reports and analysis..

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I'm beginning to think that the few tweaks on the ai on with the latest update messed something up.
    I've just tried to do a race against the ai on Imola with GT3 cars which I've done a lot of times before. After being pushed out from behind in the first corner 3 times in a row I gave up and exited the game. I loved the update before the last one and thought it transformed the game - especially when it comes to not being rammed but with the last update I'm not sure anymore. Hope someone will look into this.

6. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I've done a couple of more (like 10 or so) starts now to test and is seems there is more or less always collisions between the ai and yellow flags in the first corner. As I said above - I think the ai was racing cleaner before the last update. Really hope this can be looked into as I thought Raceroom ai was easily the best I hade experienced before the latest update.

7. bakayoyo

bakayoyo Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    10-01-2018
    Hotfix mostly focused on adressing multiplayer stability.

Game:

• VR - Fixed shadows that wouldn’t render near the player
    • Fixed an issue where some dedicated servers would hang and keep showing in the game menu even though unreachable.
    • Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur on the dedicated server
    • Porsche Cayman CS should no longer start in front but instead now be properly positioned on the grid of multiclass multiplayer events.
    Art:
    • Audi R8 LMS - Minor tweaks to some Audi Sport liveries
    ----

VR - Fixed shadows that wouldn’t render near the player

Is not fixed for me on Vive, the shadows are still clipped, if I cycle through the camera a few times it draws correctly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Well,wrong Thread but ..
    Upadted the Dedicated on our Server.Ain't working so far.The Dedicated Tool says 2 Server's online,but ain't showing up in the MP Lobby.I only see [RR] Server's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    even at home :(

10. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You sure?
    I launched a server (just to test that) at home and it works.
    It's still up atm.

11. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    This one was annoying me especially :)
    Thanks!

12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    this should be fixed - there's another dedicated server update and it works OK now

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Yes , there are only RR servers

14. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Ok Thanks

15. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    no, there are other servers - i created my own and it showed up in the list and I could join it (and someone else joined - sorry to whoever that was because i shut it down)

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Works now,got a small update of 2MB.Maybe i was to fast with setting up the Dedi. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Yes it's ok ;)
    Thanks

18. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    • VR - Fixed shadows that wouldn’t render near the player
    Win. This was bugging me so much!

19. Karting06

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    @.OG Isaac does it work for you? You use a Oculus Rift?

20. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I haven't tried with the new update yet because my lenses aren't in yet and I don't want to use the Rift with my glasses (I already got 2 small scuffs on the Oculus lenses.. :/ ) so i'll test friday, probably.