News Sector3 Studios Dev Stream - May 2015

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 25, 2015.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I disagree, real world "physics" and virtual "physics" aren't used to describe the same thing. When we talk about in-game "Physics" we are talking about how the car behaves in comparison to it's real world counterpart (as I understand it), in that respect, every car should have it's own unique "physics" because every car is different.
    Then there is the "Physics" engine... etc...

Lots of "Physics", one game but then, that's just how I understand it so I may be completely wrong lol.

This is the one I understand and agree with :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    ^^^^ When i hear "physics" in any scenario, be it game, real life, sim, etc, i think universal. If each car has different "Physics" that would mean each car is playing by a different set of rules, which is in correct. Each car should be using the same physics, but the engineering of the car is different so it handles/performs different against the same physics.

If i'm playing something claiming to be a simulation i'd feel a bit ripped off to find out each car is using different physics to simulate it's action on the track. Any physics engine should be universal (unless maybe some sci-fi game where one can alter reality)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Well as you say.. It stand and falls with how you interprete the word "physics" no??

Option 1: If you believe the reallife-physics will get updated then i agree to feel concerned cause as poilu says there is only a certain way that physics should react.. No matter what car is being driven..

Option 2: as i initially felt and you also interprete physics if i am correct.. This relates to the specific car its downforce-characteristics, engine-output,etc... and the way they make the car feel..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I got a question about the WTCC 2014 pack.
    Why did you step back from including any tracks in the pack, and just bringing it out as a car pack?

In the last dev stream you said that this will be the pack to get if you want more tracks to race on.. .

I think you are making a mistake not including tracks to your car packs, people would feel they are more money worthy if they get some tracks as well to the car packs.
    You need to think more about selling it to a greater crowd, rather than getting some more money from each individual already playing.
    The big money comes from selling big, not expensive.

I'm not that bothered about this myself, but there are many who thinks R3E is too expensive.
    You just giving them more to whine about, and adding more negative reviews..

• Agree Agree x 6
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Fragmented is correct. I won't go on a rant again with repeated content with upgrades.
    But with that said would you expect the 2013 , 2014 and 2015 to be exactly the same? I don't, Car engineers make changes and the car should change. Physic doesn't change as there is only one law of physic( like someone mentioned above).
    If the price for the "tweaked/updated" car is fair I will buy :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I
    I perfectly agree (in fact I have all dtm expansions , adac and wtcc) ...it's just...they said "we will not upgrading dtm 2013 to 2014 specs cause it's waste of time" and probably will be the same with dtm 2015 as they said in the dev stream it has a new physics in respect to 2014...and so it was with the adac pack...obviously I will not stop playing r3e because of this...it's still my favourite sim...but hey it would be nice to have same quality everywhere...(so I can drive the vietoris 2013 merc with all the updates :p )

7. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I do agree with the above - it would be nice to have updated rolled back into previous content. I'm all for multiple years of carsets for various series, but improvements being transferred between them should be a given.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    If the packs for 2013/2014 are up to date with physics for those years, I will be happy. In real life the new car is different in handling to last years so the same goes for us. Look at traction control, some car might have it this year but not next year, so that might be something that you prefer when entering a multi class server.

What is fantastic is that the DEVS listens to us and these streams are perfect. You dont see this with other sims.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Seconded this, removing tracks from packs is making the game more and more expensive to play R3E.

It would be great if tracks are included in car packs, like WTCC 2013 pack or update track packs such as the European track packs with new tracks. Alternatively, it would be fine if there are more frequent sales on individual content. The recent ADAC 14 and DTM 14 sale is pretty fantastic.

• Like Like x 3
  10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Exactly.
    S3 - I think you also should take in count, that it's more likely for people to by car packs with tracks included even if they are not fans of that specific series / class.
    Otherwise they might just pick one car in that class to be able to race online, or they pass on it completely..
    Everybody get hurt by this, bouth you as a company ending up selling less car classes, and the online community gets fewer players to race with.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Just make everything a little cheaper.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Didn't a lot of people complain about "experiences" wanting packs instead?

13. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    This is not related ...
    Pack with track included is not necessarily an experience.
    WTCC2013 was a pack with Tracks, as was ADAC2013.. and there are good value for what you get (my thought).

Experience give separate interface, separate rules, and separate content (DTM).
    As long as possible packs should be prefered to Experience as it's give us more content at the same "place".
    Dev's said that they will do pack instead of experience, and when needed the rules will be added to raceroom instead doing a separate experience.
    DTM has the licencing issue with prevent it being a simple pack in RaceRoom, but it may change ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    The experience packs are good for newcomers (cars and tracks together) but I think for existing members the experience packs are not very suitable. If R3E will continue to follow the road of iRacing (buy the stuff which you want), they should offer the cars separately from the tracks. DTM 1992 Car Pack, DTM 2013 Car Pack, … German Track Pack, European Track Pack and so on. Just as they do it right now.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  15. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Sure...but when you see for example that a dtm 92 is 2.99 plus the liveries that range from 0.29 to 0.99 when the entire pack is 8...well the pack is much more convenient at the end...

16. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'm more a fan of the packs as well. I'd rather just buy a whole set of cars than one at a time. It drives me crazy that I can't just buy all the GT3 and GTX cars as a pack like I have the other ones.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree,we need more drivers in this sim.
    I've said before that a starter pack should be available with maybe 5 tracks and one car from each class priced around the 30-40 pound mark.

This way drivers could get online or play single player championship and be able to see just how good this sim can be.

The track atmosphere the sounds the graphics everything is just so emersive so much better than any other sim so far.

My 2 pence :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I love the fact that S3S is now letting people demo the ADAC content http://adac-gtm-experience.com/demo/?lang=en I hope the numbers get better after doing this, but alas the issue is that while PC, AC, GSCE, and RF2 get a lot of play on the major sim racing blogs, R3E doesn't get as much of a bump as the others. I hope the patch helps in this regard. It saddens me because R3E short of moddability has everything that the other sims above are missing IMO. R3E is definitely tops in sounds and season mode and track design. I think tracks like Nordschleife and Spa will help this sim immensely. AC's Nords is great, but again with bad AI, not all that fun to run.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Now it is "next week" :).....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    My take: who needs mods when the stock content is this good?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1