Released Multiview Triple Screen - in development

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Oct 23, 2017.

1. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    @Fanapryde
    So you are saying commandline B value which is modified by "TriScr shift display up/down" keys is same as move seat up/down. I had the feeling it was different and affecting the pitch, but am away from the game so cannot give proof atm. I agree seat up/down is not enough.

Thanks @GooseCreature I thought so as well.

2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    That setting isn't the same as adjusting the seat up and down.

This is meant for correcting broken lines across center and side screens.

Place your car next to a guardrail in such a way that the straight line of the guardrail is going across 2 screens.
    Look if the line appears appears broken (different angle, just like looking at a straw in a glass of water). If it does, adjust the "shift display" until it doesn't any more.

Then you can adjust the seat position for the car accordingly.

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    No, I did not say that. What @J-F Chardon just mentioned is exactly what it does. It corrects a broken appearance.
    But my point is that there is no way to change the SEAT ANGLE, the inclination of the seat, the pitch...
    Like my pics (made in AC) in post #50 in this thread:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/how-to-setup-triple-screens.9711/page-3

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You want to be correcting Georg, as he seems to think the FOV up/down controls the angle and I have to say that is what appears to happen for me. So someone is wrong!o_O

5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Are you talking about FOV? I was answering about the Shift Display Up / Down :)

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    This is getting confusing, J-F Chardon if you're going to use these forums, could you please reply to a specific question and not just throw information around, here, there and everywhere! :p
    So me spending half an hour parked next to a railing pressing FOV up/down and presuming I'd completely lost the plot, as no matter what I did the only change was to angle of view, with no lining up of barriers, was a complete and utter waste of time? :oops:
    One quick question before I go take a lie down in a dark room, will you be adding a kick/ban button to this forum in the future? :D Bah Humbug!!

7. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    There are some elements on the outside of the tracks that disappear on the side screens (they are only drawn on the central monitor), I have tried with different graphic settings and it has nothing to do with this.

These are the ones that I have detected so far:

- Moscow raceway: Team trucks.
    - Portimao circuit: Billboards.

8. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Try putting 1 at the end of the start argument. It cleared that problem for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    It has worked! Thank you very much!

• Like Like x 2
  10. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I have been testing the triple screen multiview mode with several cars. In some of them (Porsche 911 and Ruf GT3 for example) you have to get very close to the dashboard (with seat forward option), otherwise the sides of the seat fill the side screens and you almost can't see the side mirrors.

It seems that the seat is too close to the steering wheel, I clarify that I have correctly configured everything (measurements of the screens, angles, distance of the eyes to the center of the screen ...).

One solution is that the seat could be moved on screen when you move it from the game options (seat up/down/forward/backward). That is, when you bring the seat to the steering wheel, it will be displayed in the same way on the screen. And when you get away from the steering wheel, the seat shows farther from the dashboard.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0

THANK YOU! Nobody believe me

12. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    To me it seems often as if the cars have been modelled with different scale.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Which is why I (need to) keep messing around with initial and seat/view settings and I still don't succeed in getting the view/position I would like.
    I don't mind having my side view partly obstructed by the seat ears (it is often so irl too), but seeing loose front parts of the seat ears is not funny. Then you often wind up sitting almost on your virtual wheel to get rid of the flying ears.
    In some cars, the triple view is perfect, in others it is not possible to achieve that.
    I get it is probably a huge task to sort it all out, which is why I really would like a possibility to adjust "on the fly' (including a control to change the seat pitch and to adjust the seat left/right (still have not got all steering wheels centered).

14. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Finally I can use the new feature ... :D

25594054_524990454505254_2022375155728098422_n.jpg

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  15. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The same thing happens with rFactor 2 and the GT3 pack. With Mercedes GT3 the seat ears cover the view of the side screens. All GT3 have the same type of seat, but in this car there is something wrong.

The ears of the seat should be at the same horizontal level as the head (my real head). What I want to say is that if my eyes are at 60 cms. from the screen, the ears of the seat should be displayed at that same distance. And if I move the seat forward or backward, the ears of the seat should be displayed in the same way.

I have made a very simple drawing, since a picture is worth a thousand words.
    Sin título.png

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  16. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I've been doing more tests with multiview mode and I've found some things that don't work correctly.

- Replays: On the side screens everything appears distorted in the external views (TV cam), it seems that multiview mode doesn't work in this case.

- There are several graphic glitches that only appear in multiview mode (I've tested with a single screen on 1980x1080 and everything looks good).

Most of them appear in the replays with the external cameras, are surfaces that become translucent (tires that are seen through the body, billboards that start to flash and you see the back support, trees that also flicker ...).

But there is one of them that bothers a lot while i'm driving, and it appears on the tires of all the cars. It's a kind of double image that is seen on the left side. In addition, on many occasions the cars seem to float (I think because of a similar glitch between the tire and the ground). I show a couple of images where it's clearly seen.

Captura.PNG

Captura.PNG

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  17. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    same here !

18. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
  20. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Sheesh man, you need to improve your rig. Those monitors are way too small!! o_O

• Funny Funny x 2