Heusinkveld (Pro) pedals.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fanapryde, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Anyone using HEUSINKVELD pedals around here ?
    I am thinking about getting a set of PRO's to replace the Fanatec V3 pedals. They are good, no question, but I am missing a realistic feel from the clutch, not able to detect the feel of the actual 'biting' point.
    As it seems the Heusinkveld could do the better job here ?
    Any pro and cons welcome to help make up my mind. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  2. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the vids Juan ;)
    The pedals have been changed a bit since this review (connectorboard, pedal plates, finish, ...),
    I am mainly interested in personal opinions from guys who actually use (or have used) them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    As it seems, not a lot of guys here are using the Heusinkveld pedals...:rolleyes:

5. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I would be more than happy to use these as long as you are buying them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Got some info (on pCars forum) from someone who actually uses them.
    It seems to match other reviews I read (and watched) and since I have not come across any negative points, I think the decision is made...
    Since it might be useful for someone who is also thinking about them, here you go:

@Caledonian Wolf you are welcome to come and try them out as soon as I have received them...;)

7. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    They arrived today... :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pedal plate of the Simetik rig at 10° in combination with the 'reverse' 10° adapters puts them level on my rig and about 12 cm higher. This mimics more the GT3 drivers position. I calibrated the brake to about 45 kg (max 55) and as a result I can brake more precise without locking the wheels. Trail braking is easier now.
    The clutch is better than the V3, but I still need to fiddle a bit with the mechanical settings to improve the 'clunck'.
    Took me a few hours to put them together and install them on my rig.
    I have a very good feeling about these...:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Beautifullllllll
    can you take a picture of the potentiometers ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    That would be extremely difficult since there are none ;)
    All three pedals are equipped with load cells.

All info here:
    http://www.h-engineering.net/shop/sim-pedals-pro/

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  10. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    You sell your v3?

Btw absolutely nice pedals :)

11. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, they are nice and they feel great too ;)
    Even while setting them up in R3E and testing, I managed to break a months old PB on the RedBull Ring by 0,4", which I found to be a huge difference.

I will sell the V3's, but they are already spoken for (and a list of five others waiting...:D)

12. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Ok sad to hear :) but I know it before I ask about it :)

13. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0

14. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Nice Fanapryde, I've wanted a set for awhile now, hopefully soon, but enjoy yours. Not having potentiometers is one good reason for having these pedals..

15. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    They are well worth it.
    Still getting used to them, I improved my lap times with every car/track combo I tried yesterday.
    I shortened the travel on my gas pedal a bit (max travel is too much for me), left the brake (all white bushings) and clutch stock for now.
    I recalibrated a few times to create a litlle deadzone. The load cells are so sensitive that even putting your foot on the pedal (without pushing) is noticeable.
    A tip for anybody that orders them: be sure to check each and every bolt and nut, because some of them were not tightened and came loose while driving.
    Really happy with them... :)

16. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    you have to let them know, to the boys Heusinkveld ;)

A tip for anybody that orders them: be sure to check each and every bolt and nut, because some of them were not tightened and came loose while driving.

17. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I will ... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    And I did.
    Though I was thinking it might have been (at least partly) my own fault for not checking while installing, I got answer from the H-guys.
    There were not supposed to be loose bolts in the finished pedal set. they even apologized (not really necessary) and offered me a discount if I ever want to buy another product in the future :)
    That is a really nice gesture from them.
    Now they got me thinking about a SQ shifter... :rolleyes:

In the meanwhile the pedals are working great. Getting well used to them, they are a real joy !
    The guy who came to buy my V3's tried the Heusinkvelds but the brake force was too much for him, he missed about every corner... :D So he will be perfectly happy with the V3's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. Pedro Gomes

Pedro Gomes New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Fanapryde I am looking to replace my Fanatec V3's and I was looking into the Heusinkveld Pro.

Would you say the throttle pedal travel is longer on the Heusinkveld Pro than on the V3?

I also own a Simetik rig, what are the reverse 10º adapters you talked about?

20. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I'm nut sure about the throttle travel being longer or not than on the V3's. Can't remember really...
    But in the diView software (HE is using their own - WIP - software now that I have not tried yet) I created a bit of a deadzone in the throttle pedal too, in the early travel as well as in the max position. The loadcells are REALLY sensitive.

I changed to a SimLab P1 rig about a year ago. Don't use the angled adapters any more.
    When on the Simetik K2, I played around a little bit with the position of the pedals. The Simetik has an adjustable pedal plate, but using the adapters while reducing the angle of the pedal plate changed the hight (in relation to my seat hight) which I found more comfortable. But in the end you don't really need the adapters imo.
    While you can perfectly mount the pedals on the Simetik pedal plate directly, I would recommend buying the thick aluminium bottom plate. Without it, the Simetik plate tends to bend under heavy pedal load (brake)...
    I couldn't find pictures of the adapters (they are pretty heavy - 3mm solid RVS) , so I quickly made one myself (picture says more than words) :D

[​IMG]

HE pedals made my driving (braking) more consistent. Thought the V3's are not bad at all, the feeling of the HE's is miles better in all three pedals. Another plus is the build quality and the quality of the nuts and bolts (the latter being a weak point in the V3's imo. Despite using Pro tools, I stripped several heads of the small allen bolts, which got me so frustrated that I finally decided for the HE's. Never looked back, this is really heavy duty stuff.
    I also have the HE SQ shifter installed and waiting for the HE H-pattern to hit the shelves...

[​IMG]