TS-PC Racer FFB Setup

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by ChatCureuil, Aug 29, 2017.

1. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your settings I really like it, feels great, I was wondering if you have a set up for Project Cars 2 as well as I just can't get my head round there settings and I am having trouble tuning it in and also any advice on AC driving sim as well. Thanks!

2. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the feedback. :) Unfortunately I only play R3E as racing simulation but maybe you can find this on the corresponding games forums.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Was there any changes you made to R3E settings above? Since.

4. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    On R3E? Yes now I use 100% instead of 90% in the global FFB force. And for most cars I increase a bit the FFB multiplier (in car setup) to be close to the FFB meter red line in the extreme cases (like driving on a kurb at high speed).

The only other game I play is Dirt Rally, and I had to reduce all forces to (if I remember good) less than 50%, but Dirt Rally FFB is not as good as the R3E one, I'm not "feeling" the car in Dirt like I do in R3E. But I also didn't take time to configure it in details in Dirt.

5. w4nn13

w4nn13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I have that game as well but not been on it much due to being useless with settings maybe you can posy me your setting on that as well thanks ;)

6. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I don't have my wheel actually, if I start DR it doesn't display my FFB setup. But it's really basic, instead of all 100% values, I used something like 40% everywhere. You probably will find better setup on the DR forums.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget that DR uses damper and spring forces, so if you follow the antiquated advice of having these set to 0 in your wheel's control panel, then your FFB won't be what it should be in that game.

8. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    @Georg Ortner, @ChatCureuil, Or more People who uses the ts-pc wheel, wil you share your latest setups as a file please?
    Or ask i to much now?
    o_O

9. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Actually my setup often changes, but I can share its current state next time I start my other computer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    @NL-Jos This is the one I'm using actually, it's weaker than the previous one, with more vertical forces.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. mistake84

mistake84 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  12. TaserFace

TaserFace New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @ChatCureuil I recently bought a TS-PC racer wheel and I am coming from a G27. For the G27 I would just max everything and turn down the multiplyer for each car until clipping stopped in the FFB meter. With the TS-PC racer with everything at 100% it feels like 10x stronger than the G27 and no clipping as per the FFB meter. Does that mean I am safe running it like that or is it possible to have too much FFB even without clipping ?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  13. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    @TaserFace The goal to avoid clipping is just to be sure that you don't miss FFB details when it is at its maximum. Then it's a matter of preferences, depending if you like strong or weak forces while driving.

14. TaserFace

TaserFace New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply. Do you know what settings were used in the thrustmaster control panel when creating the default ts--pc profile in Raceroom? My control panel defaults to 60% force for some reason if I click the default button

15. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, but I push everything to 100% here cause I prefer to set it up in each game.

16. TaserFace

TaserFace New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok I will try putting everything to 100% and just turn down the FFB multiplier per car to avoid clipping. Im just not used to how strong the wheel is compared to the G27. I feel like I will break something or rip my own arms off lol.

Since you have the TS-PC racer do you feel the motor working hard when the FFB is high? I can hear the base hum and I feel it in the wheel slightly but only when the FFB is really intense like on a long corner or something.

17. ChatCureuil

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Yes the TS-PC is strong at 100%. For my own, instead of first changing each car multiplier, I first managed to have a global FFB setting without clipping on the strongest cars (like the DTM 2016 or FR X-17), so no car can clip. Then on some cars that have a very weak FFB (like P2) I increase the multiplier.

18. TaserFace

TaserFace New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Alright I understand what you mean. I will give that a try

19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    The settings used in the TM control panel can be seen here: https://i.gyazo.com/441f81022df3ce199e70ded78ffc6a09.png

Im not sure if the in game settings in this picture represent the default profile though.

I can pretty much guarantee that if you use 100% on every setting that you will be clipping pretty badly. I definitely wouldnt recommend that. Vertical and lateral forces should pretty much never be set to 100 or higher. Steering rack is rather subjective, but if you set it to 100%, it lessens the strength of everything else, so you can almost get away with higher settings when you normally wouldnt be able to.

The default TS-PC profile is actually very good in my opinion. I've only made some small tweaks to it, and most of the time I never need to adjust the individual car multipliers in the car setup menu.

Well, I think there is 1 more reason too. When you are running at max strength, you are pushing the motor to its limit. Which will increase wear. So, if you care about longevity at all and making sure you wheel doesnt break, running it below max strength is a necessity. :)

20. TaserFace

TaserFace New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    When I said put everything to 100% I meant the FFB settings in game and in the TM control panel only lol. That's my fault I wasn't clear on what I meant.

I like the default TS-PC profile as well and I just decrease certain things to taste like the engine vibration off :). I usually set things so that the biggest peak in FFB is just under the red line on the FFB meter in game.